Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=66060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- sladflob - 2010-05-03

mr. kav Wrote:BUG! Fixed now, you have a new version available on both SVN and the project page.

Great, the plaintext authentication now works! Thanks.

Quote:It should be working now, give it a go. I forgot to replace the key/secret combo for Twitter.

OK, the website works and gives me a key but when I use that key in the script I get an invalid key error. Oh well, that might have to be a problem for tomorrow.

- NEUR0M4NCER - 2010-05-04

Gimme 24 hours to get the very last piece of University work in that I will ever have to do, and I will be all over this like a damp moss - I never realized the fun of Twitter until I started auto-tweeting my playlist through Rhythmbox - XBMC next!

Thanks for all your hard work.

- rflores2323 - 2010-05-04

you know what might be a cool function is to be able to do a screen shot aswell. can you add this functionality somehow? I like to add a screenshot of the movie and post it on facebook. I guess when you add the percentage of when the tweet should go it could also take a screenshot of it.

is this even possible?

- rflores2323 - 2010-05-04

I'm having trouble getting the tweet toshow up on facebook. It's shows up on my tweets but not on facebook. Where exectly do you put the #fb at? On the tag or at the end of the tweet in the settings? Also does this work on confluence skin as I don't see anything mentioned?

you know what might be a cool function is to be able to do a screen shot aswell. can you add this funtionality? I like to add a screenshot of the movie and post it on facebook. I guess when you add the percentage of when the tweet should go it could also take a screenshot of it automatically.

is this even possible?

- Findarato - 2010-05-07

mr. kav Wrote:Smile

BUG! Fixed now, you have a new version available on both SVN and the project page.

It should be working now, give it a go. I forgot to replace the key/secret combo for Twitter.

That is the same problem I was having. I am going to give it a try tonight to see if it resolves the problem. I just did a svn update, lets hope Nerd

- Hirs - 2010-05-08

Hi,

I'm also having problems with the authentification, if I use oauth, (following the instructions and entering the pin) after running the script, an error message pops up saying there is an unexpected twitter error, If I try plain auth, it says my credentials are not ok.

Cheking twitter page, seems xbtweet is authorised.

I'm using xbtweet from svn repo installer, installed today (1.0.0)

- mr. kav - 2010-05-09

Hirs Wrote:Hi,

I'm also having problems with the authentification, if I use oauth, (following the instructions and entering the pin) after running the script, an error message pops up saying there is an unexpected twitter error, If I try plain auth, it says my credentials are not ok.

Cheking twitter page, seems xbtweet is authorised.

I'm using xbtweet from svn repo installer, installed today (1.0.0)

Hi Hirs,

What operating system are you using? Any chance for a post of the logfile on pastebin?

- Hirs - 2010-05-10

Hi!,

I'm using ubuntu lucid and xbmc-svn from ppa:
xbmc 1:9.11+svn28042-lucid1

I'll try tomorrow to get a log

mr. kav Wrote:Hi Hirs,

What operating system are you using? Any chance for a post of the logfile on pastebin?

- sladflob - 2010-05-11

So I still can't get OAuth to work. I click on the link off the website and get PIN but when I enter it into xbTweet I get an authentication error. Checking my connections on twitter I do not see xbTweet there, so it would seem the registration process is not working. Anyone got any clues?

- Hirs - 2010-05-12

Hi,

I'm unable to generate a log, I have enabled debug logging in xbmc, but the log doesn't mention the script, If I right click the script and click show debug info I only can see:

'Entering manual mode'
'Exiting...'

How can I generate a more verbose log?

- mr. kav - 2010-05-14

sladflob Wrote:So I still can't get OAuth to work. I click on the link off the website and get PIN but when I enter it into xbTweet I get an authentication error. Checking my connections on twitter I do not see xbTweet there, so it would seem the registration process is not working. Anyone got any clues?
You should get the PIN prompt screen after running the script with the OAuth configuration. What OS are you using? Can you please provide a log file with verbose output from the script (read below).
Other users are using OAuth without any special issues as far as I know, so hopefully we'll get you sorted in no time Smile.

Hirs Wrote:Hi,

I'm unable to generate a log, I have enabled debug logging in xbmc, but the log doesn't mention the script, If I right click the script and click show debug info I only can see:

'Entering manual mode'
'Exiting...'

How can I generate a more verbose log?
There should be a 'Debug log' option in the script settings, bottom one.

- Hirs - 2010-05-15

Yesterday I reinstalled ubuntu lucid keeping all my files from my home except .gconf, surprisingly xbtweet is working again

- mr. kav - 2010-05-16

rflores2323 Wrote:I'm having trouble getting the tweet toshow up on facebook. It's shows up on my tweets but not on facebook. Where exectly do you put the #fb at? On the tag or at the end of the tweet in the settings? Also does this work on confluence skin as I don't see anything mentioned?

you know what might be a cool function is to be able to do a screen shot aswell. can you add this funtionality? I like to add a screenshot of the movie and post it on facebook. I guess when you add the percentage of when the tweet should go it could also take a screenshot of it automatically.

is this even possible?

It's very possible, but when I tried taking screenshots for the post I noticed that it's very hard to get a sharp still image of a frame. Also, you can never know if you'll hit a fade or cut-scene frame. Does it make sense? There is maybe another idea, what about posting the movie's fanart or poster to your facebook?

- BurningSky - 2010-05-16

sladflob Wrote:So I still can't get OAuth to work. I click on the link off the website and get PIN but when I enter it into xbTweet I get an authentication error. Checking my connections on twitter I do not see xbTweet there, so it would seem the registration process is not working. Anyone got any clues?
Same problem here. I'm using on my HTPC minimal Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC r28256.
I got the PIN from my Windows machine and typed it into my HTPC, but the PIN I entered is incorrect.

- GrinRoth - 2010-05-17

Same here, Pin Not working.