Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- Tomkun - 2012-01-24

debennett2 Wrote:That did the trick. Thanks!

1) How is everyone cleverly figuring out how to exit the actual emulator? I thought about somehow using a remote button to close the active foreground program...but not even sure how to work that as alt-f4 doesn't seem to work. Anyone have anything clever?

Eventghost works really well for this, although it's usually unneccessary as most emulators have a quit key (usually esc).

- malte - 2012-01-24

I just added a short guide How to add MAME roms with offline game descriptions as long as MAWS site is down.

If you want to help MAWS coming back also check this link. (First meant to keep http://www.mameworld.info online but without this MAWS will never come back)

- User 113989 - 2012-01-24

Seems great!

Although when Im about to add my rom collection, and the program askes my about "path to emulator", I cant go up any levels, it only allows me to look in the "addon" folder, and folders beneth it!

Any ideas?

- DANGERDAN - 2012-01-24

Having trouble using backspace with this program, does not seem to work and have to use esc to get out of it.. cannot use remotes because of this.. is there a fix ?

thanks.

- DANGERDAN - 2012-01-24

ok i managed to add the action 92 to the py file
ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT = (92,)

This makes it possible to exit the roms menu but if you go settings the action line doesnt work with that and you are forced to use esc again, im under the impression there may be of some more code to allow the action_exit_script to work while inside the context menu ??.

- malte - 2012-01-24

Steffi McBain Wrote:Although when Im about to add my rom collection, and the program askes my about "path to emulator", I cant go up any levels, it only allows me to look in the "addon" folder, and folders beneth it!
Maybe you have to add your drives as sources to get access to your complete HD. Usually it happens that you just can see your DVD drive or similar but maybe this is a variant of this issue.

DANGERDAN Wrote:Having trouble using backspace with this program, does not seem to work and have to use esc to get out of it.. cannot use remotes because of this.. is there a fix ?
Really funny, RCB is 2 years old now and nobody ever asked for this feature. And now during two weeks you are the fourth who does.

Tomkun, is it you with different accounts? Big Grin
DANGERDAN Wrote:ok i managed to add the action 92 to the py file
ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT = (92,)

This makes it possible to exit the roms menu but if you go settings the action line doesnt work with that and you are forced to use esc again, im under the impression there may be of some more code to allow the action_exit_script to work while inside the context menu ??.
I guess this has to be done in every dialog RCB opens (e.g. dialogcontextmenu.py, dialogeditromcollection.py). I will add this as soon as possible. Looks like I will have some time again in the next days...

- Tomkun - 2012-01-25

malte Wrote:Really funny, RCB is 2 years old now and nobody ever asked for this feature. And now during two weeks you are the fourth who does.

Not me!Big Grin

Malte, would it be possible to add a new skin request? I don't think that 'night' is being updated anymore, so I'd like to switch to a new skin. Transparency is my favourite, but Ronie doesn't want to make skins for add-ons.

I'd do it myself, but frankly I have no idea where to even start. Any pointers? Can I take an already existing skin file and edit that, or do I have to start from scratch?

- DANGERDAN - 2012-01-25

malte Wrote:Maybe you have to add your drives as sources to get access to your complete HD. Usually it happens that you just can see your DVD drive or similar but maybe this is a variant of this issue.

Really funny, RCB is 2 years old now and nobody ever asked for this feature. And now during two weeks you are the fourth who does.

I guess this has to be done in every dialog RCB opens (e.g. dialogcontextmenu.py, dialogeditromcollection.py). I will add this as soon as possible. Looks like I will have some time again in the next days...

Hey appreciate it mate this will perfect my work i have been doing on my entertainment system, controlling all my movies pc games n64 games etc all from my ps3 controller on the couch. Epic.

- Aubrien - 2012-01-25

Hello. I just wanted to comment on how much I like this addon. The only issues I have is when XBMC goes into the background because I have launched an emulator, then XBMC still receives input from either the joypad or from a LIRC device. I have found a solution to both of the issues however that I would like to share. This is similar to my issue with Advanced Launcher...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=999308&postcount=2990

I launch my emulators with scripts that pause and restart the XBMC thread which works for the xboxdrv XBox 360 user space driver and prevents the controller from sending commands to XBMC. As with the issue with Advanced Launcher, LIRC will still bombard XBMC with every key pressed all at once when returning from the emulator; even through the XBMC thread was paused. The solution was the same; I pause the LIRC input by modifying the addon script and I resume LIRC input upon returning to XBMC. This is done by inserting 2 lines into the launcher.py script for RCB...

before...
Code:
def launchEmu(gdb, gui, gameId, config, settings):
Logutil.log("Begin launcher.launchEmu", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
Logutil.log("End launcher.launchEmu", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

after...
Code:
def launchEmu(gdb, gui, gameId, config, settings):
Logutil.log("Begin launcher.launchEmu", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
xbmc.executebuiltin("LIRC.Stop")
xbmc.executebuiltin("LIRC.Start")
Logutil.log("End launcher.launchEmu", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

I hope that this helps someone, or that perhaps we can see this incorporated into a future release of the addon so it helps everyone who may have this issue. Thanks!

- malte - 2012-01-25

Tomkun Wrote:Malte, would it be possible to add a new skin request? I don't think that 'night' is being updated anymore, so I'd like to switch to a new skin. Transparency is my favourite, but Ronie doesn't want to make skins for add-ons.

I'd do it myself, but frankly I have no idea where to even start. Any pointers? Can I take an already existing skin file and edit that, or do I have to start from scratch?
I won't have the time to do it myself in the next weeks. But if you want to try it I will help where I can.

I think you can take both roads. If I see it correct mcborzu and igotdvds just edited the existing files when they created night and simplicity skins. If you start with updating all artwork files and animations it will be the first important step to make RCB looking more like your base skin.

- Tomkun - 2012-01-25

malte Wrote:I won't have the time to do it myself in the next weeks. But if you want to try it I will help where I can.

I think you can take both roads. If I see it correct mcborzu and igotdvds just edited the existing files when they created night and simplicity skins. If you start with updating all artwork files and animations it will be the first important step to make RCB looking more like your base skin.

I am very happy to give it a try, but it will be a long road I think. Which skin files would you recommend using as a starting point? I mean movies or TV shows or whatever...

- malte - 2012-01-25

Oh, no. I was talking about RCB skin files. Just copy and paste the whole Night directory (from RCB skins) to a new folder and start with replacing artwork files and animations. This should be a good start.

- DANGERDAN - 2012-01-26

Hey malte thought id let you know i fixed the back issue with my control input, i decided to use "PreviousMenu" instead of "ParentDir" actually i have both mapped just in case but this does work properly so for the people having this problem i suggest to just remap with "PreviousMenu".

On another note i do have a bug for you malte and will be happy to support and provide any info you may need but anyway the issue is i have "XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)" mapped to my controller so i can productively switch to the main menu for quick reselection of my choice but doing this screws up rom collection browser to the point that it wont work at all lol, all other programs work fine like the movies section and advanced rom etc.

Cheers.

- Bawk - 2012-01-26

I'm new to RCB so I hope this question isn't stupid. Have searched and can't find an answer. Is it possible to select artwork for single games within a collection? I have tried integrating games with both RCB and Advance Launcher, AL has this ability (via context menu) but I can't find a way to do this with RCB. I prefer the ease of RCB and it is integrated better, IMO, into the skin. Thanks you.

- reapy - 2012-01-27

As always, this addin is pretty awesome. I find myself all about getting the library set up more than playing the games.

So I'm trying to get mame set up to run. I have it working for most of the roms by following the offline scrapping tutorial on the wiki, only it is not working 100% for everything, which is odd because I see the missing roms in the mame.txt file, spelled correctly and everything, yet on the scrape it doesn't create the no file. On others it has the wrong titles or picks the wrong artwork...it also doesn't seem very friendly towards cloned roms and all that.

How do you go about manually correcting things so it shows up in the browser....do you have to create nfo files for each entry for them to show up? For the other systems I just kept updating the names until the online scrapers would let me manual set them.

So I guess my question is that through all the scraping you just need an NGO file for each rom, and all should be well?

Is it possible to manuall set which rom a rom is via an Id or URL so you don't have to manually build files and can just go in and hand tune stuff?