Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-10

DigiTech Wrote:At first It takes a minute to be on the main rcb screen again, meanwhile it starts xbmc from the beggining going from the xbmc home page to rcb, when it gets to the rcb screen it takes like 30 seconds to cache that screen again btw i have cacheandnext enable, this whole process to get to were i was selecting a game again takes a minute and a half aprox. when in the old solo mode (when was working) when i exited a game only used to take to go back to rcb like 10 seconds max.
Im pretty suspicious that the thing that disable the explorer hack to work was an update, because before that it was solo mode wonderland.
Sorry. Can't reproduce it here. Also with the new script everything runs fast in solo mode. Can you show me xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log after you used the solo mode and came back to XBMC?

xaviorffviii Wrote:Xbmx exits fine, but after pressing esc to leave pcsxr, xbmc opens with an error of webserver failed to start and remote server fails to start.
Does not look RCB related. I don't do anything special with remote servers or webserver. I guess it is another process that runs automatically when XBMC starts that is causing the problems. I also don't see anything RCB related in the logs that you attached.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - xaviorffviii - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-10, 10:55)malte Wrote:
DigiTech Wrote:At first It takes a minute to be on the main rcb screen again, meanwhile it starts xbmc from the beggining going from the xbmc home page to rcb, when it gets to the rcb screen it takes like 30 seconds to cache that screen again btw i have cacheandnext enable, this whole process to get to were i was selecting a game again takes a minute and a half aprox. when in the old solo mode (when was working) when i exited a game only used to take to go back to rcb like 10 seconds max.
Im pretty suspicious that the thing that disable the explorer hack to work was an update, because before that it was solo mode wonderland.
Sorry. Can't reproduce it here. Also with the new script everything runs fast in solo mode. Can you show me xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log after you used the solo mode and came back to XBMC?

xaviorffviii Wrote:Xbmx exits fine, but after pressing esc to leave pcsxr, xbmc opens with an error of webserver failed to start and remote server fails to start.
Does not look RCB related. I don't do anything special with remote servers or webserver. I guess it is another process that runs automatically when XBMC starts that is causing the problems. I also don't see anything RCB related in the logs that you attached.

I agree, I think it's an eden issue. However I think it's the way xbmc is closed (maybe a process isn't killed fully that they changed in eden) because if I exit xbmc into ubuntu and then open it again, either by selecting or terminal, the webserver and remote servers start fine.
Is there a way to alter applaunch.sh to kill xbmc differently, like how I exit it within xbmc? I assume this would make it so it wouldn't open back up where I left off in xbmc (totally ok with it, rather have my tablet and phone beable to control my htpc), however it might be a decent quick fix till frodo comes out. I wish I could do it myself, I really hate bugging people for this kind of stuff. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me, I only know how to make basic scripts..

Thanks in advanced
-David

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-11

xaviorffviii Wrote:Is there a way to alter applaunch.sh to kill xbmc differently, like how I exit it within xbmc? I assume this would make it so it wouldn't open back up where I left off in xbmc (totally ok with it, rather have my tablet and phone beable to control my htpc), however it might be a decent quick fix till frodo comes out. I wish I could do it myself, I really hate bugging people for this kind of stuff. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me, I only know how to make basic scripts..
There is. But I am afraid it will not work with current version of RCB. But you could try it if you want to.

You have to replace this code:

Code:
# Is XBMC running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
    kill $XBMC_PID # Shutdown nice
    echo "Shutdown nice"
else
    echo "This script should only be run from within XBMC."
    exit
fi

# Wait for the kill
# sleep

# Is XBMC still running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
    kill -9 $XBMC_PID # Force immediate kill
    echo "Shutdown hard"    
fi

with this one:

Code:
# Is XBMC running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
    wget -q -O/dev/null --header='Content-Type: application/json' --post-data='{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Application.Quit", "id":"1"}' http://localhost/jsonrpc
    echo "Shutdown nice"
else
    echo "This script should only be run from within XBMC."
    exit
fi

This uses XBMCs json API to quit XBMC. You have to enable "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" in XBMC Settings Network/Services. Also if you are using another port than 80 or if you have set username and password you have to change the url in the above script like this:
Code:
http://user:password@localhost:port/jsonrpc

The json command itself works: even if RCB is running, XBMC will quit nicely. Problem is (at least on Windows where I tested it) that XBMC will not quit when you launched a game. RCB is waiting for the game to quit and XBMC is waiting for RCB. So all will quit when you exit the game. Not sure but maybe it behaves different on Linux, so it is worth to try.

On Windows I had some success with the above method with changing the code that launches the games. With these changes I was able to quit XBMC via json API even if RCB was waiting for the game. But I have to do some more testing and optimizing before I can release these changes.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-06-11

Hey!

I'm having some problems with some games not getting scraped..

I tried reimporting the games but that didn't do anything.

I'm running 1.01 btw, perhaps 1.02 would solve it?
Eden 11.0

Cheers!

NES

Aladdin (E) [!].nes
Boy and His Blob, A - Trouble on Blobolonia (U) [!].nes
Hudson's Adventure Island 2 (E).nes
Startropics II - Zoda's Revenge (U) [!].nes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SNES

Aladdin (U) [!].sfc (SNES)
Joe & Mac (U) [!].sfc
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (U) [!].sfc

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-06-11

Search for 'Disney's Aladdin' ...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 15:26)st graveyard Wrote: Search for 'Disney's Aladdin' ...

Still doesn't explain the other titles, and how do I exactly scrape one single game?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-11, 18:50)e2zippo Wrote:

Still doesn't explain the other titles, and how do I exactly scrape one single game?

You should find all these games in interactive mode. To reimport your games you have two options:
1. Use new test version 1.0.4. This provides new options to rescrape single games (only in Confluence skin atm).
2. With latest version from repo you can set "Rescrape imported games" to false. This will only search for games that have not been found on the first run.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 07:06)malte Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 18:50)e2zippo Wrote:

You should find all these games in interactive mode. To reimport your games you have two options:
1. Use new test version 1.0.4. This provides new options to rescrape single games (only in Confluence skin atm).
2. With latest version from repo you can set "Rescrape imported games" to false. This will only search for games that have not been found on the first run.

Thanks Malte, I'll give that a try!

I just had a crash btw when changing game sets in RBC

Edit: XBMC stopped responding is the correct term for that happened, and I just had a look at your TODO list and saw this

"bug: Interface Lockup when rapidly switching consoles" so I guess that must be it?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3505

Edit: tried rescraping a single game using the "Rescrape Game" and then Interactive: Select Matches but get no prompt whatsoever, the collection just reloads and the game still isn't recognized.
In fact, interactive mode doesn't seem to work at all?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-06-12

On a completely different note..

I've been trying to set up movies to show in RCB, but I can't get it to work.

This is what I have done.

I downloaded two movies from emumovies in 240p (want to try it out in RCB before i purchase anything)

I have named them like this (exactly like my rom file name)

Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!].mp4
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (U) (V1.1) [!].mp4

and they are located in C:\Emumovies

I've added media type "gameplay" pointing to C:\Emumovies with the mask %GAME%.* in my SNES collection and then I imported the games all over again, using these settings.

1st Try
Rom Collection: SNES
Scraping Mode: Autmatic Accurate
Scraper 1-3 local nfo and local artwork

2nd Try
Rom Collection: SNES
Scraping Mode: Interactive :Select Matches
Scraper 1-3 local nfo and local artwork

It's all over very fast, I can't really see if the videos are imported.
And where are the videos supposed to be displayed, do I have to be in "information mode" or something, or should they just play when a game is selected?
Edit: Found out by your Youtube video that the vides are supposed to play in both the main window and the info window, but it does't play at all for me, even though both autoplay options are selected.

I'm using Confluence skin ATM and test version 1.0.4

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-12

e2zippo Wrote:Edit: XBMC stopped responding is the correct term for that happened, and I just had a look at your TODO list and saw this

"bug: Interface Lockup when rapidly switching consoles" so I guess that must be it?
Yes, it seems to be this error. I still did not find a solution for it, but i did not have the time to look deeper into it.

e2zippo Wrote:Edit: tried rescraping a single game using the "Rescrape Game" and then Interactive: Select Matches but get no prompt whatsoever, the collection just reloads and the game still isn't recognized.
In fact, interactive mode doesn't seem to work at all?
I will check if there is an error with this option while rescraping single games. The interactive mode will only show you options if the scraper is able to find something on the scraped site. If there are no results, RCB can't suggest anything. What scraper are you using?

e2zippo Wrote:I've been trying to set up movies to show in RCB, but I can't get it to work.
It's all over very fast, I can't really see if the videos are imported.
And where are the videos supposed to be displayed, do I have to be in "information mode" or something, or should they just play when a game is selected?
Edit: Found out by your Youtube video that the vides are supposed to play in both the main window and the info window, but it does't play at all for me, even though both autoplay options are selected.
Can you show me your xbmc.log after you tried to import the games? Maybe I can see what is going on.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nyeem - 2012-06-13

Hi Im a really big noob at this and I need some help please.

Basically it comes up with the first 10 games could not be imported and keeps repeating it cause the other games can't be imported either and its just a constant cycle. I'm trying to import SNES game by the way.

Here is the most recent log:
3:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: an error occured while parsing game description: http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?game=Donkey%20Kong%20Country%203%20-%20Dixie%20Kong%27s%20Double%20Trouble&p=15
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: ('http error', 401, 'Unauthorized', <httplib.HTTPMessage instance at 0x13D98260>)
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using url from previous scraper:
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: description file for game Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble could not be found. Check if this path exists:
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: description file for game Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble could not be found. Check if this path exists:
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: No description found for game "Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble". Game will not be imported.
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: C:\Users\Nyeem\Documents\Old Games\SNES\Donkey Kong Country.smc
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): Donkey Kong Country.smc
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): Donkey Kong Country
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start scraping info for game: Donkey Kong Country
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using scraper: thegamesdb.net
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: description file (tokens replaced): http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?name=Donkey%20Kong%20Country&platform=Super%20Nintendo%20%28SNES%29
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Encoding: utf-8

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-13, 00:54)nyeem Wrote: Basically it comes up with the first 10 games could not be imported and keeps repeating it cause the other games can't be imported either and its just a constant cycle. I'm trying to import SNES game by the way.
I guess this is the relevant error:
Code:
23:49:25 T:7032 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: ('http error', 401, 'Unauthorized', <httplib.HTTPMessage instance at 0x13D98260>)
Often this happens when you accidently enable the proxy in XBMCs network settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Xdan - 2012-06-13

Thank you for the tips!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nyeem - 2012-06-13

Thanks malte it works now cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Aubrien - 2012-06-14

Is anybody having issues with sound lately? I get sound from my emulators when outside of xbmc, but when launched through RCB with the same command I get silence. I had this working before but since audio engine was updated I have been slowly getting my sound working again. I get sound everywhere except through RCB launched emus. I can post more if needed but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing such issues. I saw someone a few pages back saying the same thing and I don't think he got it working...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70115&pid=1122190#pid1122190

Also, I do not have pulse installed.

One more piece of info. If I set the audio output in xbmc to something I am not using, S/PDIF in my case, I get no sound in xbmc and sound returns in the emus. Its like the new audio engine wont share with the emus. I may post over in the audio engine thread as well as I am not sure where the fix needs to be.