Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-12-04

Hi malte,

I know I already posted something about this problem some time ago but I was making some more tests in the last days and I may give more details about it, still didn't discovered if it's some kind of XBMC config or a RCB bug.

Let's take as example some game that have 360° in the plot:
The game scrapes and displays correctly and RCB, show 360° but saves a nfo file with 360& #194;& #176; (without that spaces)
If I rescrape the game from that nfo file (or if I rebuild the collection for some reason) RCB will display 360°
If I use the option "Export games database (nfo Files)" no plot will be saved in the nfo file in any of these cases.

That happens with all non english based characters like á, é, ö, etc common in most of the european languages. It happens not only in the plot but in any field used in RCB resulting in lots of empty fields (in some cases all info) or errors if we plan re-import the collection for some reason from the nfo files.

My problem ? RCB problem ? XBMC problem ? Well, very nice addon, thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-04

kyrios2021 Wrote:I checked last night and i do not believe i have any sort of video plugin running with rom browser.... which is kinda odd.. re-installing doesn't help
In your log it says something about "plugin.video.nolife". Not sure if this has something to with it. Did you test to launch RCB with another skin? Just to find out if it is RCB or the skin.

Maleficium Wrote:My problem ? RCB problem ? XBMC problem ?
Thanks for the detailed report. Definitely my problemSmile

This looks like a bug in RCB and a huge task for the (over)next release to iron out all these encoding issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jalia43 - 2012-12-04

(2012-11-30, 19:55)malte Wrote: I don't really understand. You say that you added your hard drive but your roms are on another PC? Then you must access them via network (nfs or smb). Did you add these locations as network sources to your XBMC file manager?

Sure did. I added the drive that the ROMs are on as a network source in the file manager via both SMB and NFS. I'm able to browse to all the ROMs from the file manager. Get the full list and everything.
The drive is on a PC in my network. The RCB is installed on a Rasberry Pi running OpenElec.
When I open the RCB and add a new ROM collection I cannot select any sources to get the ROMs from. The list is empty. All I'm able to do is select OK, cancel or create new folder.
Really annoying and weird that nobody else is having this issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-04

jalia43 Wrote:When I open the RCB and add a new ROM collection I cannot select any sources to get the ROMs from. The list is empty. All I'm able to do is select OK, cancel or create new folder.
Really annoying and weird that nobody else is having this issue.
Strange behaviour. This usually happens on a PC when you have a disc inserted in your drive but no idea why this happens on the raspberry pi. Can you browse the flashcard of the pi?

I just ordered a raspberry pi myself yesterday. Will play around with it next year I guess. But a lot of people are having problems with running emulators in combination with XBMC. Not sure if somebody already got it working without issues...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jalia43 - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-04, 22:49)malte Wrote: Strange behaviour. This usually happens on a PC when you have a disc inserted in your drive but no idea why this happens on the raspberry pi. Can you browse the flashcard of the pi?

I just ordered a raspberry pi myself yesterday. Will play around with it next year I guess. But a lot of people are having problems with running emulators in combination with XBMC. Not sure if somebody already got it working without issues...

I cannot browse anything from the file browser inside the RCB, but from the file manager I can.
Bummer if nobody got it working. The idea of the RCB is awesome and I really would like to get it to work.

The delivery time on a RPi is ridiculous. Hopefully you'll get it sooner so you can try it out and give me some hints Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-04, 19:37)Maleficium Wrote: Hi malte,

I know I already posted something about this problem some time ago but I was making some more tests in the last days and I may give more details about it, still didn't discovered if it's some kind of XBMC config or a RCB bug.

Let's take as example some game that have 360° in the plot:
The game scrapes and displays correctly and RCB, show 360° but saves a nfo file with 360& #194;& #176; (without that spaces)
If I rescrape the game from that nfo file (or if I rebuild the collection for some reason) RCB will display 360°
If I use the option "Export games database (nfo Files)" no plot will be saved in the nfo file in any of these cases.

That happens with all non english based characters like á, é, ö, etc common in most of the european languages. It happens not only in the plot but in any field used in RCB resulting in lots of empty fields (in some cases all info) or errors if we plan re-import the collection for some reason from the nfo files.

My problem ? RCB problem ? XBMC problem ? Well, very nice addon, thanks Smile

Because of that problem and a few other things I'm making a script to be used with a external mass editor to apply in the nfo files to correct them. I expect to finish it in the next days and I may upload it somewhere if there is anyone interested in that.

What it does so far:
1 - Delete artwork paths (as far as I noticed isn't needed there).
2 - Fix codes with ANSI ones.
3 - Moves "The", "A", "Das", etc to the end of the title.
4 - Convert Advanced Launcher nfo Developer/Publisher data to RCB format (split that data in two fields). It converts from nfo files created in Advanced Launcher or created by RCB after importing from AL ones.
5 - Removes GameFAQ redundant plot (if scraped from there with AL).

If someone interested and if malte interested I may place a link in the forum in the next days.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2012-12-06

(2012-09-19, 05:40)manji Wrote: Because of that problem and a few other things I'm making a script to be used with a external mass editor to apply in the nfo files to correct them. I expect to finish it in the next days and I may upload it somewhere if there is anyone interested in that.

What it does so far:
4 - Convert Advanced Launcher nfo Developer/Publisher data to RCB format (split that data in two fields). It converts from nfo files created in Advanced Launcher or created by RCB after importing from AL ones.

If someone interested and if malte interested I may place a link in the forum in the next days.

My program does similar things with xml files. I'm very interested in this. Awesome work bro.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-06

Maleficium Wrote:If someone interested and if malte interested I may place a link in the forum in the next days.
Yes, of course I am. Sorry for the bugs that make such scripts necessary.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 09:00)malte Wrote:
Maleficium Wrote:If someone interested and if malte interested I may place a link in the forum in the next days.
Yes, of course I am. Sorry for the bugs that make such scripts necessary.

No need to sorry, you made a awesome job with RCB and bugs are always present, even in Windows and Linux distros hehehe

Like I said the script its working already but still searching for some codes (I have more than 14K nfo files and I'm always founding new ones), probably tomorrow I'll finish and post it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-12-07

TextCrawler script for RCB nfo files:

http://depositfiles.com/files/p7t387y87

What it does:

How to use it:
1 - Backup your original nfo files. I tested with my 14k nfo without a problem but never knows Smile
2 - Install TextCrawler - http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/content/textcrawler
3 - Open it and "Load" and "Use" the script from "Batch Commands" tab
4 - Set "File Filter" as *.nfo, use your nfo path in Start Location and hit "Replace"

Note:
1 - This will not change your RCB database, only your nfo files
2 - This may take some time if you have a large amount of files to edit. If you never used Advanced Launcher you may delete line 62 to line 70 from the script it will make the process a lot faster. You also may disable "Display number of replacements..." in TextCrawler Options.
3 - This not replace all possible wrong codes from RCB (more than 1000), only the ones I noticed from my files. probably you may find a few that I missed. You may send me a PM and I'll add it to the script.

Enjoy Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-12-07

Very cool. Thanks Maleficium!

video help - pinto_bean - 2012-12-08

Hi all,

Awesome add-on! For me, it's an old school gamer dream come true. Slowly figuring out how to use it effectively but having some difficulty getting videos to display.

I have followed maltes tutorial posted @ http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/HowToAddVideos

At first I thought the config changes were not being saved because every time I would go back to "edit rom collection" It would display "boxart" instead of "gameplay". If I switch through the options "gameplay" is in there with the path to my videos.

THIS IS WHAT DISPLAYS AS DEFAULT IN RCB SETTINGS : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/defaultyr.png
This is what I expected to see each time I would go into the settings after changing them but default is still boxart : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/unsavable.png

I've tried multiple skins (aeon nox, aeon mq4, confluence)
I've tried Eden 11.0 and Frodo 12 with the addon (same results)
I've tried starting over multiple times (deleting the folder for the addon from usrdata)

At this point, it seems like I"m just not getting something about how to use RCB to display videos. If anybody could shine some light or tell me how to produce some logs for you to view. That would be much appreciated!

EDIT : I've tried MP4 and FLV formats

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2012-12-10

Somebody please help get dolphin into this add on. I am on windows 7 32 bit. I have been able to load everything else with this add on, I would like to keep everything in this add on so its nice and clean collection. I just cannot seem to find anywhere with params or anything to get this emulator in this add on. I cannot get games to scrape or anything. Please Help!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zygon - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 09:40)toki5 Wrote: Somebody please help get dolphin into this add on. I am on windows 7 32 bit. I have been able to load everything else with this add on, I would like to keep everything in this add on so its nice and clean collection. I just cannot seem to find anywhere with params or anything to get this emulator in this add on. I cannot get games to scrape or anything. Please Help!

Try the following link which is for Advanced Launcher but the emulator setups and rom setups should be the same:

http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Dolphin
I am testing RCB 1.0.9 on Frodo Beta 3 Windows using the Aeon Nox 4.0 skin. Everything seems to be working so far but I can't seem to change the views, I want to see other than list but the side menus are not bringing up the View Types only RCB search and filter.

Thanks for any help.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2012-12-11

Ive tried this, I just cannot get it to work for anything. It is very frustrating. Thank you for the reply though.