Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-06

You will need RCB Service 1.0.0 to get it installed. You could also try it with the repo as explained here. This should install the service and RCB together.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - AntarisXenal - 2013-04-07

I love the look of this plugin and would love to get it working. But I am completely stuck.

I am running XBMC with Ubuntu 10.4 LTS. I am using mupen64plus as my emulator.

I am able to get roms to play through running mupen64plus just off my desktop. But I cannot import a game collection into RCB. I choose Nintendo 64. I go to /usr/games to select mupen64plus as the emulator. Choose %ROMS% as my emulator paramater. Then I choose the folder where all the roms are located. All my roms are in 7zip format so I choose *.7z as the extension. Then it just goes and asks if I want to add another game collection. Output from my xbmc.log is below:

17:40:40 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin addRomCollection
17:40:44 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: scenarioIndex: 0
17:40:53 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: platformIndex: 45
17:40:53 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: selected platform: Nintendo 64
17:41:05 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: consolePath: /usr/games/mupen64plus
17:41:18 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams: "%ROM%"
17:42:17 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: fileMask: *7z
17:42:45 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: artworkPath: /mnt/raid/ROMS/

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am completely lost at this point.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-06, 17:08)malte Wrote: You will need RCB Service 1.0.0 to get it installed. You could also try it with the repo as explained here. This should install the service and RCB together.

Thanks malte, I was able to upgrade from the repo. Glad to see you set one up~ definitely makes upgrading easier Smile

Upgrading did resolve the issue! I can now launch both windows and mame games successfully.

However I have a new issue... I can't get the mame games to launch WITH saved input configurations

**EDIT** Nevermind~ I figured out that my input configurations are being reset to defaults if the controllers are not powered on when mame runs Sad Very annoying but hopefully I find a way to stop this lol

**EDIT 2** Finally happy with the mame set-up. I stopped the issue I was having (inputs defaulting back to keyboard settings when controller is not powered on) by making all the config files Read-Only.

Thanks again for the help!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-08

AntarisXenal Wrote:All my roms are in 7zip format so I choose *.7z as the extension. Then it just goes and asks if I want to add another game collection.
This is because for Linux there is no 7z library shipped with RCB that is working with the current python version. I still have to build it on Linux. In the meantime you could start with other rom collections that are not 7z if you have any.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - xbmchch - 2013-04-08

(2013-04-06, 10:51)malte Wrote:
xbmchch Wrote:I tried using other provided online scrapers (mobygames, etc.) with no luck. Some gets the info right, but the box image and fanarts are still wrong.
I also tried the Interactive Select thingy, but it was useless.

It really bugs me, and I tried everything I could to make it work. To compare things, I tried testing thegamesdb.net's API manually and it gave the right information as it should.
Sorry, this is kind of a feature that now turns into a bug. RCB does some replacing of content in () and [] before searching games. I have to check how to solve this.

Guess I should wait for the solution. Thanks malte!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JuJu142 - 2013-04-09

I am having the same issue as Zxurian. The window will resize to the upper left hand corner, return to normal, and nothing happens. It says "Launching whatevergame" near the bottom left. I have tried launching in Solo and the other option as well. Any suggestions? Where can I find the log to supply you with it.

EDIT: Or is there a recommended emulator list somewhere?
EDIT2: Do the emulators have to be in a certain location on the SD card?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - AntarisXenal - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-08, 07:30)malte Wrote:
AntarisXenal Wrote:All my roms are in 7zip format so I choose *.7z as the extension. Then it just goes and asks if I want to add another game collection.
This is because for Linux there is no 7z library shipped with RCB that is working with the current python version. I still have to build it on Linux. In the meantime you could start with other rom collections that are not 7z if you have any.

Nothing was happening with my SNES roms either which were in zip format. Is there a list of supported formats?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-10

JuJu142 Wrote:Where can I find the log to supply you with it.
See here

JuJu142 Wrote:EDIT: Or is there a recommended emulator list somewhere?
See here

JuJu142 Wrote:EDIT2: Do the emulators have to be in a certain location on the SD card?
SD card? Are you on RPi or iOS/Android? If yes, I did not yet find out how to launch games on RPi or Android and I never tried iOS. So I can't help you here.

AntarisXenal Wrote:Nothing was happening with my SNES roms either which were in zip format. Is there a list of supported formats?
zip should be no problem. But I have checked your log again and found this:
Code:
17:42:17 T:2766125936 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: fileMask: *7z
It should be *.7z or *.zip. Although I would have thought that it should work without the "." it may be worth to try it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Marcoqwerty - 2013-04-10

Hello all...

After knowing the existance of RCB, i try to migrate all my previous hyperspin frontend...i love XBMC and i use it from a lot of time..

i have some question...

it's possible convert my hystory .dat (italian) into .txt for reading in the RCB mame game?

how switch the view mode...lol i don't find any button at the bottom of CONFLUENCE skin...and i tryed all the keyboard shortcut!

Tks' for this amazing work...now RCB it's my bartop frontend!!!!!

Now i try to load Daphne emulator....

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2013-04-10

(2013-04-10, 10:42)Marcoqwerty Wrote: Hello all...

After knowing the existance of RCB, i try to migrate all my previous hyperspin frontend...i love XBMC and i use it from a lot of time..

i have some question...

it's possible convert my hystory .dat (italian) into .txt for reading in the RCB mame game?

how switch the view mode...lol i don't find any button at the bottom of CONFLUENCE skin...and i tryed all the keyboard shortcut!

Tks' for this amazing work...now RCB it's my bartop frontend!!!!!

Now i try to load Daphne emulator....

Try RoM-Jacket for Hyperspin migration.
Console matching is coming, but for now, your console names must be identical for artwork migration.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Marcoqwerty - 2013-04-10

(2013-04-10, 15:13)sudopinion Wrote: Try RoM-Jacket for Hyperspin migration.
Console matching is coming, but for now, your console names must be identical for artwork migration.

Tk's !!!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Marcoqwerty - 2013-04-11

Yesterday problem....

i've tryed to load my 8000 roms but the list was alway empty only if i scraping the info online i see some result....but scrape 8000 roms was impossible to do in one life....lol

EDIT possible solution....

http://www.corporate-sellout.com/index.php/2012/12/13/rom-collection-browser-in-xbmc-frodo/
Undecided

I've tryed to reinstall XBMC frodo and link the .txt for info...i followed all step possible minimum 10 times!!!!

after, i left hope and i writing here...

other problem i don't see the button for switch the view (before the problem above!)

any suggestion?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Marcoqwerty - 2013-04-11

bad solution...

the import wain few minutes at 99% and after the list was blank!

(2013-04-10, 15:13)sudopinion Wrote: Try RoM-Jacket for Hyperspin migration.

didn't work with win 8....the setup don't go to the end!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - VinitAdhopia - 2013-04-12

Hello,

I'm new to RCB. I have 2 rom collections, NES and SNES. I was able to add my NES ROMs as a collection without issue. However, when I try adding my SNES collection, when it asks to browse to the emulator executable, the only path option available is my videos folder.

I thought I might try uninstalling and re-installing the add-on. I removed my NES collection, uninstalled the RCB add-on and then re-installed it. However, now I can't add any collections. I get stuck in the same way as described above, the screen to browse to the emulator executable only includes the videos folder as an option. So I have Rom Collection Browser, but it is unable to browse my collection of roms!

I've tried searching through the forum, but I can't seem to come up with meaningful enough search criteria to find anything relevant. There are a lot of posts here!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are there any logs I can provide? Any suggestions of things I can try?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-11, 23:49)Marcoqwerty Wrote: didn't work with win 8....the setup don't go to the end!

Thanks for the info!
I have added preliminary support for win8. try getting the newest version.