Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-21

wrk13s Wrote:Hi everyone I have Frodo version 12.0 on xbuntu just want to know what game pad you all recommended. I want to get my xbmc running with this. Thanks w
Can't say for xbuntu but I guess a lot of people are using Xbox 360 controllers and are quite happy with it. Afaik there are also drivers for linux available.

blindmist Wrote:i have found all the needed arguments to use, but for the life of me cannot get rcb to actually scrape wii games. i have never had an issue with it scraping games before.
Are you on latest version of RCB? There have been issues with some scraped websites that have been fixed with release 2.0.10. Make sure that you are above this version.

Otherwise, what scrapers are you using and can you give me some example game names that are failing? Best if you could upload a log file to xbmclogs.com after you tried to scrape some games.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - IceCorp - 2013-10-21

(2013-10-21, 07:04)malte Wrote:
wrk13s Wrote:Hi everyone I have Frodo version 12.0 on xbuntu just want to know what game pad you all recommended. I want to get my xbmc running with this. Thanks w
Can't say for xbuntu but I guess a lot of people are using Xbox 360 controllers and are quite happy with it. Afaik there are also drivers for linux available.

I use a Xbox 360 wireless (with USB Receiver) and works very well. At least in Win7Pro with Frodo, all keys are automatically assigned and you can use it in all XBMC menus...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - luger - 2013-10-24

Not sure if this best place to post but I recently installed RCB and got my NES roms loaded in and installed fceux. I'm able to get fceux to play the ROMs but there is major stuttering and frame droppage happening when I try to play them. I am running XBMCbuntu on an older PC (Acer Aspire Revo 1600) but I would think it could run an NES emulator if it can play HD video? Any thoughts on settings I should try to adjust?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-24

Can you play games outside of XBMC/RCB?
If so, you could try to use "solo mode". This will close XBMC while playing games and leaves some more ressources for the emulator. You can find this option in "Edit Rom Collection" dialog on "Launch Games" tab.

If not, maybe you could play with the graphics settings or try another emulator.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - luger - 2013-10-25

After a bit more trial and error, it seems that running it in fullscreen in XBMC seems to cause the lag. However, when running it outside of XBMC, it runs just fine in fullscreen mode. So, I went back to RBC and tried to run solo mode, as you suggested, but it seems like games won't launch in that mode. I click on the game, text comes up that says "Launch Game [Rom name]" and then the text disappears and nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing that would allow me to run solo mode?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-25

luger Wrote:Is there something I'm missing that would allow me to run solo mode?
There should be a file "applaunch.sh" in your userdata folder: "xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser". Make sure that this file is executable.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - luger - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-25, 06:53)malte Wrote:
luger Wrote:Is there something I'm missing that would allow me to run solo mode?
There should be a file "applaunch.sh" in your userdata folder: "xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser". Make sure that this file is executable.

Thanks. That seemed to cause problems as well (basically XBMC would crash) so I ended up doing a fresh install of XBMCbuntu and now everything seems to be working lag free. Not sure what setting was throwing it off but it works now.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - versus - 2013-10-29

PC
When launching a game it crashes with d3d error. I assume it's because XBMC doesn't shut down in time.
I am trying to input a delay (in solo mode using vbs script) between xbmc close and game launch. My idea was that delay (3 secs) is input in sleep.vbs by changing the argument 0 to 3 like in

On error resume next
Wscript.Sleep(wscript.arguments(3)*1000)

However I see no increased delay due to this change. Does sleep.vbs really play any part? Do I need to temove any lines?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-10-29

You could replace that line with a windows command to sleep for x seconds. I don't remember that command off hand but Google should give you some clues.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - versus - 2013-10-30

Oh nice. I was editing the files in the addon RCB scriptfiles folder instead of user RCB scriptfiles folder. No wonder changes diidn't catch.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - versus - 2013-10-30

Don't know why other games wait with XBMC restarting until they are closed, but with LEGO, XBMC gets immediately restarted although the game is still being loaded, let alone closed.
Look like the script immediately has conditions for restart although the game now starts fine without d3d error.
I guess this is the trigger for XBMC restarts

"On error resume next". from sleep.vbs

How to prevent XBMC from restarting until the game is closed?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-10-30

Probably the exe file that rcb is pointed to is a launcher the closes after running the game. Have a look in task manager when loading the game or maybe for another exe to run.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-10-30

I had the same problem with Fifa games as they also use a launcher before starting the game. I found an autoit script in Advanced Launcher forum that solved the problem for me:

Code:
ProcessClose("XBMC.exe")
FileChangeDir("C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 13\Game\")
Run ( "fifa13.exe" )
Sleep(5000)
ProcessWaitClose ( "fifaconfig.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "fifa.exe *32" )
Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"' )

You have to modify and compile this script and it will result in an exe file. Use this exe file to launch the game that is causing trouble.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Aubrien - 2013-11-01

@malte

I mentioned a few months back that there are issues in linux when launching a rom while using gui sounds in xbmc. Basically the alsa audio device is busy and the end result is you get no sounds in the rom unless gui sounds are off before launching the rom. The other solution is a modification to one of the files in rcb as I explain below...

addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/launcher.py

Code:
Logutil.log("cmd: " +cmd, util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
        Logutil.log("precmd: " +precmd, util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
        Logutil.log("postcmd: " +postcmd, util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

try:
                if (os.environ.get( "OS", "xbox" ) == "xbox"):
                        launchXbox(gui, gdb, cmd, romCollection, filenameRows)
                else:
                        launchNonXbox(cmd, romCollection, gameRow, settings, precmd, postcmd, roms, gui, listitem)

gui.writeMsg("")

except Exception, (exc):
                Logutil.log("Error while launching emu: " +str(exc), util.LOG_LEVEL_ERROR)
                gui.writeMsg(util.localize(35035) +": " +str(exc))

Logutil.log("End launcher.launchEmu", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

Changes to...
Code:
Logutil.log("cmd: " +cmd, util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
        Logutil.log("precmd: " +precmd, util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
        Logutil.log("postcmd: " +postcmd, util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayerControl(Stop)")
        xbmc.enableNavSounds(False)
        xbmc.audioSuspend()

try:
                if (os.environ.get( "OS", "xbox" ) == "xbox"):
                        launchXbox(gui, gdb, cmd, romCollection, filenameRows)
                else:
                        launchNonXbox(cmd, romCollection, gameRow, settings, precmd, postcmd, roms, gui, listitem)

gui.writeMsg("")

except Exception, (exc):
                Logutil.log("Error while launching emu: " +str(exc), util.LOG_LEVEL_ERROR)
                gui.writeMsg(util.localize(35035) +": " +str(exc))

xbmc.audioResume()
        xbmc.enableNavSounds(True)

Logutil.log("End launcher.launchEmu", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

All I did is added five lines of code to pull this off. I just keep changing my local codebase every time the addon updates but it would be nice to see this put in the official addon codebase some day.

Original idea is taken from here...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147938&pid=1413513#pid1413513

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-11-04

Sorry, I forgot about this. I added these lines to my dev code now and will test if it causes trouble. If not, it will be available with next release.

Thanks for your patience Smile