Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2014-05-13

(2014-05-12, 16:09)Darkcloud Wrote: Waiting a while didn't change the problem.

I know it may be a daft question , but you don't have your filter set to a letter like z do you , I did this by accident .and thought I had a problem similar

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-05-14

Hi Malte,

I'm trying to scrape from MobyGames some games but it don't import any data because it lacks the Perspective field in the site. Any way to edit the scraper to remove that field in the search ?

Found it, just need to edit the following file and remove the fields we want:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\scraper\04.02 - mobygames - details.xml

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2014-05-15

(2014-05-14, 13:55)Maleficium Wrote: Hi Malte,

I'm trying to scrape from MobyGames some games but it don't import any data because it lacks the Perspective field in the site. Any way to edit the scraper to remove that field in the search ?

Found it, just need to edit the following file and remove the fields we want:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\scraper\04.02 - mobygames - details.xml

do you think this would work if I all I wanted to scrape is the game description , everything else will come from local scrapers , im making based on hyperspins databases , all artwok will be local .

once I have everything scraped , I want to be able to export to the nfo files, then merge all nfos (per system) in notepad++ then edit the merged nfo to make an offline scraper with all details.

not sure if it would speed up the process of online scraping

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Darkcloud - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-13, 14:48)joebloggs12 Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 16:09)Darkcloud Wrote: Waiting a while didn't change the problem.

I know it may be a daft question , but you don't have your filter set to a letter like z do you , I did this by accident .and thought I had a problem similar

No the top menu doesn't even show.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-05-16

Probably it will work if you delete the fields to be imported (I tested with Perspective and Developer) but the game name will be imported from MobyGames.
After that you may use the local scrapers and all other info will be replaced, just in case go to RCB config and uncheck the option "Allow replacement by null values" (or something like that, my RCB isn't in english) to not replace the description with nothing if it isn't present in the offline scrapers.
And don't forget to backup the 04.02 - mobygames - details.xml file before edit it Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - speeko - 2014-05-17

I can't seem to get snes9x to load a rom from command line. It is driving me crazy.

The rom works fine in Snes9x itself, its just the command passing. It does not work from Rom Browser or the command line.

Anything wrong with this?:

c:\htpc\emulators\snes\snes9x,exe "c:\htpc\emulators\snes\roms\Goa[/align]l!.smc"

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2014-05-17

Use snes9x.exe instead snes9x,exe

Use a dot instead a comma

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - speeko - 2014-05-17

Something got messed up in the copy/paste of my command, here it is fixed:

"c:\htpc\emulators\snes\snes9x.exe" "c:\htpc\emulators\snes\roms\Goal!.smc"

Snes9x launches.. But then sits on a blank screen without a rom loaded.

EDIT: Figured it out - paths are case sensitive

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - BirdWorldOrder - 2014-05-18

Suddenly today my ROM list is empty. Trying to open context menu just takes me back to xbmc main menu.
I just uploaded this log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=204249

I was really happy the last week as RCB was working perfectly, and suddenly today it is completely broken? I really appreciate if you can help.

If any use, here is old log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=204251

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2014-05-19

any one know why this wont scrape .

here's the text file layout

*#*#*#*
Game Filename: 88games
Game:'88 Games
Publisher: Konami
Release Year: 1988
Genre: Sports/Track & Field
Rating: AAMA - Green (Suitable For All Ages)
Description:
*#*#*#*
*#*#*#*

heres the parser file layout

<parserConfig>
<GameGrammar type="multiline">
<SkippableContent skipTo="LineStart*#*#*#*LineEnd"></SkippableContent>
<SkippableContent>LineStart*#*#*#*LineEnd</SkippableContent>
<SkippableContent>Game Filename:</SkippableContent>
<crc optional="true" restOfLine="true"></crc>
<SkippableContent>Game: </SkippableContent>
<Game restOfLine="true"></Game>
<SkippableContent>CRC: </SkippableContent>
<crcOld optional="true" restOfLine="true" delimiter=","></crcOld>
<SkippableContent>Publisher: </SkippableContent>
<Publisher optional="true" restOfLine="true"></Publisher>
<SkippableContent>Release Year: </SkippableContent>
<ReleaseYear optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></ReleaseYear>
<SkippableContent>Genre: </SkippableContent>
<Genre optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Genre>
<SkippableContent>Rating: </SkippableContent>
<Rating optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Rating>
<Description optional="true" skipTo="LineStart*#*#*#*LineEnd"></Description>
<SkippableContent restOfLine="true"></SkippableContent>
</GameGrammar>
</parserConfig>

ive had to change game filename and game tag around due to the database im working from so I assume ive done something wrong there.

all other scrapers ive made work fine

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - scott0_1 - 2014-05-19

Hi there,

I'm sure somwhere in the 277 pages there is an answer to this, but a search didn't find it... Sorry if it exists!

I am setting up pcsx2 in Rom Collection Browser. I have imported my PS2 games, but when I attempt to launch them, pcsx2 only opens to the browser screen.

I assume I need some parameters added to make it launch my game.

Can someone please let me know what parameters I need to run an iso and start in fullscreen?

Thanks!

Scott

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - aoaaron - 2014-05-19

hi when i quit dolphin it goes back to xbmc but doesnt maximise xbmc and i can no longer open rom collection browser if i then full screen xbmc.

is there any fix for this big?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - speeko - 2014-05-20

How would one troubleshoot the scrapers downloading incomplete/corrupt images? (For my GBA collection, specifically).

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trnzaddict - 2014-05-20

Hi Malte, a couple of questions.

The first is when using 3d box art. You have an option to import 3d box art in the media path context menu. Every time I try to import my 3d box art it never imports it. It will import it if I choose 2d box art, but then I have an ugly black square filling in my transparency around the 3d box. Any idea why it is only displaying the 2d and not the 3d?

Second is when switching skins: Currently I use Aeon MQ5, when game description info is longer than what the info pane, Aeon will scroll the info after 5 seconds so you can read the whole description.

When you use any of the other built in skins that come with rcb, the description never scrolls down if it is longer than the info pane...it just stays cut off.

Any ideas?

(2014-05-20, 07:44)speeko Wrote: How would one troubleshoot the scrapers downloading incomplete/corrupt images? (For my GBA collection, specifically).

This happened to me as well with alot of my collections, I just used local artwork and all is ok.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - speeko - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-20, 15:10)trnzaddict Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 07:44)speeko Wrote: How would one troubleshoot the scrapers downloading incomplete/corrupt images? (For my GBA collection, specifically).

This happened to me as well with alot of my collections, I just used local artwork and all is ok.

Wouldn't that rely on me having scraped the artwork in the first place? This is my first time importing GBA so I have no local artwork to draw from.