Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - brianman - 2015-02-14

noob here. my rom collection browser will not load when i try to "launch". thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dcon - 2015-02-14

I have my RCB set up according to the guides to a T. I'm running Linux version of Kodi 14.0 on my m3. It's all good until I try to load a ROM, then it tries to load it but stays on the ROM collection screen as if nothing happens. I'm also having the exact same problem with advanced launcher which leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong with the emulator. Can I use a Windows emulator executable (.exe) with this add on even though I'm using Linux? If not, what sort of file extension (similar to the .exe) should I have the add on pointing to? Should I set up controls and what not for the emulator on my PC before I put it on my box? Sorry, this is the only thing I've ever used Linux for, so I'm not sure what the capabilities are, especially with the add ons. If you would like a log file I can put one up...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mrgreaper - 2015-02-15

ok this seems unbelivable and im guessing i have it wrong, best bet is to ask

heres my setup :
raspberry pi headless box,connected to an external drive, has all my media on it and is setup as an ftp (amoung other stuff)

laptop: with kodi, this i take out and about and access's the ftp on my pi to stream my media where ever i may be (works awesomly)

android phone with kodi, sort of streams my media from the ftp ....buffer issues get old fast but meh its a phone running a desktop application

so if i understand this correctly, i install this plugin on my laptop, make a new folder on my pi's ftp called roms, link it to the plugin and viola if i throw a megadrive game image in that folder i can be sat at work and play the mega drive game on kodi ?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nalias - 2015-02-16

(2015-02-15, 21:58)mrgreaper Wrote: ok this seems unbelivable and im guessing i have it wrong, best bet is to ask

heres my setup :
raspberry pi headless box,connected to an external drive, has all my media on it and is setup as an ftp (amoung other stuff)

laptop: with kodi, this i take out and about and access's the ftp on my pi to stream my media where ever i may be (works awesomly)

android phone with kodi, sort of streams my media from the ftp ....buffer issues get old fast but meh its a phone running a desktop application

so if i understand this correctly, i install this plugin on my laptop, make a new folder on my pi's ftp called roms, link it to the plugin and viola if i throw a megadrive game image in that folder i can be sat at work and play the mega drive game on kodi ?

I think you will have to setup the remote copy patch posted here in the forums, I agree with you that it should be that simple otherwise.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mrgreaper - 2015-02-16

(2015-02-16, 01:55)nalias Wrote:
(2015-02-15, 21:58)mrgreaper Wrote: ok this seems unbelivable and im guessing i have it wrong, best bet is to ask

heres my setup :

I think you will have to setup the remote copy patch posted here in the forums, I agree with you that it should be that simple otherwise.

cool, thank you for the reply, but do you have a link to the remote copy patch?, tried to search the thread for the term "ftp" but it wouldnt let me and "remote copy patch" only shows this post.

300 pages is going to take a while to read through lol

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nalias - 2015-02-16

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=70115&pid=1837520#pid1837520

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mrgreaper - 2015-02-16

(2015-02-16, 02:12)nalias Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=70115&pid=1837520#pid1837520

much appreciated

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2015-02-16

brianman Wrote:noob here. my rom collection browser will not load when i try to "launch". thanks in advance.
Do you try to launch it from Favourites? Try to launch it from Program Menu or update to version 2.1.0. Otherwise post a link to your log file here.

dcon Wrote:Can I use a Windows emulator executable (.exe) with this add on even though I'm using Linux? If not, what sort of file extension (similar to the .exe) should I have the add on pointing to? Should I set up controls and what not for the emulator on my PC before I put it on my box?
No, you can't run Windows executables on Linux (without extra software like Wine). But for most (if not all) systems there should be good linux alternatives available. You should first set up everything outside of RCB/Kodi. Find and install an emulator for your system that you want to emulate and find out how to launch this emulator from command line. The manual of the emulator will help you with this. Use this exact command line as emulatorCmd and emulatorParams in RCB.

nalias Wrote:Log File:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=425996

I Hope it helps, not hinders, I set RCB to debug logging.
Sorry, I can't check your log files atm. Not sure if this is my crappy connection or if xbmclogs.com is down.

(2015-02-16, 08:14)malte Wrote: Sorry, I can't check your log files atm. Not sure if this is my crappy connection or if xbmclogs.com is down.

Not just you, seems to be at the source.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - kayone - 2015-02-16

Can anyone upload the RCB.zip with the amended files to enable the local copy (aka play from NAS?)

I've tried several times with no joy!!

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - my_heroine - 2015-02-16

(2015-02-16, 10:42)kayone Wrote: Can anyone upload the RCB.zip with the amended files to enable the local copy (aka play from NAS?)

Thanks.

Might be able to upload the zip today or tomorrow.

Also, it might work if you just directly replace the respective files via adb push or by using FileZilla (via ES File Manager remote function), rather than installing from zip. Had troubles myself with installing from zip.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - kayone - 2015-02-16

(2015-02-16, 17:46)my_heroine Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 10:42)kayone Wrote: Can anyone upload the RCB.zip with the amended files to enable the local copy (aka play from NAS?)

Thanks.

Might be able to upload the zip today or tomorrow.

Also, it might work if you just directly replace the respective files via adb push or by using FileZilla (via ES File Manager remote function), rather than installing from zip. Had troubles myself with installing from zip.

That would be great if you could! I deleted all my old amended versions in a fit of rage after them not working!

I'll try the method you suggested however if you upload the amended files.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sennerz - 2015-02-16

I've just added artwork and vids to 5 systems, the last system I need to add just won't find the artwork! I'm doing everything the same as the first 5!

In my nes>roms folder are the folders...

1. boxfront (All boxes named exactly the same as the roms .png)
2. screenshot (All screenshots named exactly the same as the roms .png)

After scraping online, all that is picked up is descriptions and the .nfo's are placed alongside the roms.

I try to rescrape the collection using the 'Local Artwork' scraper and nothing! Just won't pick up the artwork! I've tried this on numerous occasions. I've even tried deleting the rom collection and starting again. I've checked media paths, deleted and re-added media paths.... no matter what I do, it just won't add the artwork for this final collection and I just don't understand why, I am not doing anything different than the first five systems I added so how can it go wrong!? This program just seems to have a mind of it's own and do what it wants!

Anyone any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2015-02-17

I will need a log file after you scraped your nes collection. Otherwise I can't help.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sennerz - 2015-02-17

I was trying to do one for you last night malte but kept getting a 'script failed' error, not sure if that's something else not working or if xbmclogs was down or something?

(2015-02-17, 07:21)malte Wrote: I will need a log file after you scraped your nes collection. Otherwise I can't help.