Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2015-09-02

It's not just slow. It gets stuck, everytime. I have deleted kodi, reinstalled kodi. Also, none of the cartridges pics downloaded. They are all blank. And IF I get it to finish a system set, they don't show up correctly. Everytime I bring up RCB, only 3 games show up like they should. The rest say not available or something like that. Then if I bring up RCB later, it will be like 3 different games that show up correctly and the rest say no info available or whatever. It is frustrating me.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Soujirou Seta - 2015-09-02

@malte....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppppp!!! rsrs..

I really antecipated your return :-)

Cheers and thank's for the beautiful work

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zpectre87 - 2015-09-02

(2015-09-02, 03:40)toki5 Wrote: It's not just slow. It gets stuck, everytime. I have deleted kodi, reinstalled kodi. Also, none of the cartridges pics downloaded. They are all blank. And IF I get it to finish a system set, they don't show up correctly. Everytime I bring up RCB, only 3 games show up like they should. The rest say not available or something like that. Then if I bring up RCB later, it will be like 3 different games that show up correctly and the rest say no info available or whatever. It is frustrating me.

Well... You could always use Advanced Launcher. I think it has less metadata options than RCB but, every time I used it, it worked hassle-free. And more skins support it than RCB, and it's also multipurpose since it can be used to launch all kinds of applications...

The thing is, Angelscry declared it "unsupported" and he refuses to remove legacy code from the plugin which allows it to run on ancient XBMC versions, so Advanced Launcher was removed from the Kodi official repository, which made people think it was "broken". But, as of today, it still works in Isengard, so it's an alternative if you can't get RCB to work.

Another thing is that the biggest advantage Advanced Launcher had over RCB was the GameFAQs scraper, but GameFAQs don't like people scraping their oh so precious database, so this scraper became essentially useless. And the other scrapers RCB has aren't any better than TheGamesDB anyway.

(I must say, I kinda prefer Advanced Launcher since I can use pictures to list the various consoles, but hey, both addons have merits)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2015-09-02

(2015-09-01, 11:18)ldavet Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 02:35)Soujirou Seta Wrote: @toki5, the mobygames scraper has broken (parece), swich to giant/archive/thegamesdb and scraping goes better.

Thanks for the heads up. Smile

Archive.vg is soooo slow though.

I've come to realize that the best way to have all the data is really scraping of local files. I need to do that sometime. But basically, my reasoning is that the site with the most data on games (GameFAQs) hates auto scrapers, and as nice as TheGamesDB is, it's still inferior to GameFAQs in my experience. To use RCB to the fullest you'll probably want to do it all manually.

(2015-09-02, 08:40)ldavet Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 03:40)toki5 Wrote: It's not just slow. It gets stuck, everytime. I have deleted kodi, reinstalled kodi. Also, none of the cartridges pics downloaded. They are all blank. And IF I get it to finish a system set, they don't show up correctly. Everytime I bring up RCB, only 3 games show up like they should. The rest say not available or something like that. Then if I bring up RCB later, it will be like 3 different games that show up correctly and the rest say no info available or whatever. It is frustrating me.

Well... You could always use Advanced Launcher. I think it has less metadata options than RCB but, every time I used it, it worked hassle-free. And more skins support it than RCB, and it's also multipurpose since it can be used to launch all kinds of applications...

The thing is, Angelscry declared it "unsupported" and he refuses to remove legacy code from the plugin which allows it to run on ancient XBMC versions, so Advanced Launcher was removed from the Kodi official repository, which made people think it was "broken". But, as of today, it still works in Isengard, so it's an alternative if you can't get RCB to work.

Another thing is that the biggest advantage Advanced Launcher had over RCB was the GameFAQs scraper, but GameFAQs don't like people scraping their oh so precious database, so this scraper became essentially useless. And the other scrapers RCB has aren't any better than TheGamesDB anyway.

(I must say, I kinda prefer Advanced Launcher since I can use pictures to list the various consoles, but hey, both addons have merits)

Advanced Launcher is easier to use, but if I can get it to work correctly I really do think RCB is a much more beautiful little add on. I just really like the layout of everything so much more on it. I would really rather it over Advanced Launcher. Also, I have had it stick on scraping before. I just have not had it stick like this though. I had it all set up before and had recently moved things over and was just trying to reset everything up. I did not know it would be like this though.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zpectre87 - 2015-09-03

(2015-09-02, 09:40)toki5 Wrote: Advanced Launcher is easier to use, but if I can get it to work correctly I really do think RCB is a much more beautiful little add on. I just really like the layout of everything so much more on it. I would really rather it over Advanced Launcher. Also, I have had it stick on scraping before. I just have not had it stick like this though. I had it all set up before and had recently moved things over and was just trying to reset everything up. I did not know it would be like this though.

The only problem I see with RCB aside from the dodgy scraping is that few skinners want to skin it. The creator of Arctic Zephyr for example has actively spoken against it. Sad I'm lucky that the skin I use (Aeon MQ) has native support for it, but that's a rare thing.

I know people like to have thousands of ROMs in their collection, but the ROMs are worthless if you'll never play them. I have personally trimmed down my collection to only include the ROMs I want. Makes it a lot easier to handle everything manually.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Soujirou Seta - 2015-09-03

Finally i have success with Jaguar 64 emulation, simply change the emulator to Virtual Jaguar, and launch parameters are simple "%ROM%"

One more to collection :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sauerkirsche - 2015-09-04

Has Kodi-Game replaced RCB? Is it worth forking the repo to fix a few things?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - gimmeth - 2015-09-06

Is 7zip not supported on Android? I read the bit in the FAQ about loading from the zip file, making sure the resources folder is there, etc. but they still won't load.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - martinb - 2015-09-06

I thought I would post this sense I couldn't find it. its an autonfig file that's working with retrorch on the NVidia shield tv. I also added ppssppgold and ppsspp retro arch core and yabanes retro arch core. I put my retro arch config files in there if you want to use them. please note morpus64 needs its own config file to work with this autoconfig file

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n47ds1hmn06lf7i/AAD5KtOwltsk_pNFPmTBKbpVa?dl=0

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - martinb - 2015-09-06

does any one know of working params for reicast r6? the one in the autoonfig does not work with R6

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Stubble McOil - 2015-09-07

Hey all...

I'm pretty new to this, but have got Kobi up and running perfectly (so far anyway).

I'm running from a Macbook Pro through Apple TV (extended desktop mode) to my 50" Sony Bravia using the emulator Openemu.

Like I said, everything is running great and am in love with this program!

I was having a problem with controlling Kodi after exiting out of a game. the arrow keys would work, but esc, backspace and enter (NAV keys for Kodi) would not work. I figured out this was because Openemu was still running. So after finishing a game I have to quit Openemu to gain full control over Kodi again.

So, My question is, is there a way to automatically close down Openemu after exiting out of a game. I understand this is a Openemu issue and not a Kodi issue, so I will also post this on an Openemu forum, but I've always found this site a treasure trove or advice, so suspect I will get my answer here first, and maybe help other people who also have issues with controlling Kodi after opening Openemu (just quit Openemu before returning to Kodi).

Cheers everyone.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2015-09-15

alright, so my scrapes aren't showing up after finished. Games are there, but the artwork and so on aren't showing up when done. I have run the scraper multiple times. It is however scraping all the way through now. It was getting stuck before, but it is finishing now. Any help with this please? edit: ok, after changing the skin the games showed up. it is still not complete as of yet. I don't know if it ever will be. I am kind of taking it this add on has been abandoned?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Soujirou Seta - 2015-09-15

(2015-09-15, 02:39)toki5 Wrote: alright, so my scrapes aren't showing up after finished. Games are there, but the artwork and so on aren't showing up when done. I have run the scraper multiple times. It is however scraping all the way through now. It was getting stuck before, but it is finishing now. Any help with this please? edit: ok, after changing the skin the games showed up. it is still not complete as of yet. I don't know if it ever will be. I am kind of taking it this add on has been abandoned?

Hi toki5, Malte goes continue the development in october or november, he still working in another projects (i ready it in this topic)

We need to be patience :-)

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Soujirou Seta - 2015-09-15

(2015-08-14, 14:16)malte Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 22:53)brando56894 Wrote: RCB hasn't been updated in a year Confused I don't think this will get fixed any time soon.
Half a year to be fair Smile

I am afraid I won't be able to work on RCB before October again. But I hope that I can do some bug fixes and updates at the the end of the year.

/\ Here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2015-09-15

(2015-09-15, 21:01)Soujirou Seta Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 14:16)malte Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 22:53)brando56894 Wrote: RCB hasn't been updated in a year Confused I don't think this will get fixed any time soon.
Half a year to be fair Smile

I am afraid I won't be able to work on RCB before October again. But I hope that I can do some bug fixes and updates at the the end of the year.

/\ Here.
Thanks for the update.