Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2015-12-15

Im using thegamedb..net as scrapper and let the other two entries empty. That way works fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tironimo - 2015-12-15

Hey hope someone can help me out.

I recently successfully scraped my Nes and Snes collection with the offline scraper method, using the _parserConfig.xml and the discription files from the wiki. Now i wanted to do the same with my N64 Collection. The N64 description file in the wiki was missing many games so I searched online for a more complete synopsis. I uploaded it here : updated N64 synopsis

I made sure the roms have the exact same name as in the description file, but it always fails to scrape the same ones.
What's weird is, that it misses all in alphabetical order from Mario Golf to Pilotwings 64.
So it fails to scrape the whole M , N, O and some of the P section(alphabetically), with "Lego Racers" being the last properly scraped one
and "Pokemon Puzzle League" the first game that gets scraped properly again, all fine after that one.

If "search by crc" is checked the RCB is building the file list and is stuck for a while at 98%, nothing is scraped then.
If I uncheck all the crc options in the scraper it scrapes all titles by name without those mentioned above.

I already checked the synopsis, it seems fine to me.
Maybe someone has an idea.

Thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tironimo - 2015-12-15

I gave it a few more tries in the evening and got it working.
I deleted the crc values of Mario Golf in the description file, went perfectly after that.
RCB didn't seem to like them.
Maybe you want to cleanup and add the N64 description file I uploaded above to the wiki for others to use Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - McButton - 2015-12-16

I'm using OpenElec 6.0 w/ Isengard. I just got 1 SNES rom to scrape successfully for cover art. When I try the player, I get nothing. It just sits. I tried the .exe to no avail so I went to a direct linux version of SNES9x with the path pointed to snes9x-gtk. What am I doing wrong that this won't launch?

---
I also don't appear to get a context menu after adding a game. The vid on page 1 shows a context over the game, but mine just hangs.

LOG http://pastebin.com/XEet6pPH

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2015-12-17

A long time ago I used RCB with my XBMC and I had it fully custom, but I remember there were many skins available.

I am back now with Kodi working on it again and I notice that there are only 3 default skins and all three look bad (to me)
Has something changed? How to go about finding more themes..been on google for hours but no luck.

Thanks Smile

(2013-06-13, 03:17)NewYears1978 Wrote: Any time. I too was using Hyperspin and I had made a custom theme that looked more like classy XBMC instead of an arcade. But in the end I found that I liked using RCB better so that's why I now download the art from those places..stick them where they go, then scrape with text files. Works great, here's how my XBMC and RCB collection looks so far:

(The shots are a little outdated but wife is on the HTPC right now so I can't take shots)

Menus (all menus TV, movies, games have images like this)

Then in RCB:

Pressing up brings the info panel and also the preview video (from emumovies)

One thing I am trying to figure out is how to include multiple revisoins of the same game. No intro sets all have like Rev 1 or Rev a and all that...but RCB only takes one of them and it's usually not the one you would want (the latest revision). I went through manually deleting the regular games that had revisions but that was a huge pain. I wonder if there's a solution to that..

I just remembered you had already seen my pics a few pages back Wink

Ha I found my old posts, unfortunately I lost my scraper dat files, files, art, PSD files, customization..everything..and I have no clue how I ever made what I had made lol..when I look at RCB now there is no theme that looks anything like what I had above.. Sad

I am also having the same problem I had way back when, when I import (and yes doing it correctly) it imports.but the menu is completely blank. I remember having this same problem before..and I can't figure out how to fix it Sad (Seems when it happens I have to delete all config files and start over and it fixes..until it breaks again)

Also, when I add a media path in edit collection, hit save, exit out and back..the new media is not there..?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2015-12-18

I remember using this years ago, getting the stupid blank screen bug, now one day of fiddling with Kodi and RCB and blank screen bug again.

Was it ever determined a fix for this?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Reb313 - 2015-12-19

Any plans for some RCB update love?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - DjDiabolik - 2015-12-20

I never understand how it's working this addons........... i can install on my OSMC (Rpi2) and i can play roms (like mame... nes...) whitout installing nothings ?? This addons contain an inside emulator ? Or i need to found (i don't thinks exist) the exact emulators whit osmc and after i can lauch directly from this addons ?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ryu4000 - 2015-12-20

I can't get lunar to scrape at all keeps telling me to check my xbmc log

here my xbmc log http://xbmclogs.com/paffenrzy#line-9183

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Soujirou Seta - 2015-12-20

(2015-12-20, 00:27)DjDiabolik Wrote: I never understand how it's working this addons........... i can install on my OSMC (Rpi2) and i can play roms (like mame... nes...) whitout installing nothings ?? This addons contain an inside emulator ? Or i need to found (i don't thinks exist) the exact emulators whit osmc and after i can lauch directly from this addons ?

This addon launch your disired game aside kodi, with a grafic interface.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - McButton - 2015-12-23

Can someone point me to how to run roms in OpenElec? I can run this in Windows in seconds, but I haven't a clue in Linux. I've tried dozens of times for hours. No clue. Any help would be awesome!

When I scan, I can get 1 of several items to scan. I get no artwork. When I select the item that did scan, I get a notice saying it will launch, then nothing happens. I've done tutorials with Advance Launcher, with Retroarch, and other addons. No dice.

I also get no context menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jflash21 - 2015-12-24

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I am running Kodi on a Fire TV setup. I was able to install Rom Collection Browser and import all the games I had with artwork and descriptions. The problem I am having is that no matter which emulator I choose (currently NES.emu or Nestopia (Retroarch), whenever I select a game to play, it brings me to the emulator setup screen instead of launching the game directly. From the emulator page I then have to select the game I want from the list directory and it plays just fine. However I am trying to skip that step completely. I'm just not sure if it's a setting in the emulator or on RCB. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Also please let me know if I should post this in a different location. Thanks-

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - McButton - 2015-12-24

Welcome to the forum.
First, you'll want to post some info. Like, what system are you using? Windows, Linux, etc.
I'm going to say you're in the right area, but the responses are a bit slow here. Doesn't seem like a hugely popping topic lately. I've been messing with getting this set for weeks and still have about the same issues as you do.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Slipass - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-24, 04:59)jflash21 Wrote: Hi guys. I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I am running Kodi on a Fire TV setup. I was able to install Rom Collection Browser and import all the games I had with artwork and descriptions. The problem I am having is that no matter which emulator I choose (currently NES.emu or Nestopia (Retroarch), whenever I select a game to play, it brings me to the emulator setup screen instead of launching the game directly. From the emulator page I then have to select the game I want from the list directory and it plays just fine. However I am trying to skip that step completely. I'm just not sure if it's a setting in the emulator or on RCB. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Also please let me know if I should post this in a different location. Thanks-

You must config the Retroarch parameters correct.
Try this for the .exe
Your location\RetroArch\RetroArch\retroarch.exe

And try this when you setup the ROM location in RCB.
-f -L "Your location\RetroArch\Core\snes9x_next_libretro" "%ROM%"

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - elementalwindx - 2015-12-27

Question. We are using XBMC (ver 13.2 May 11 2015) and you're browser addon. When importing games, it will not import any types of nintendo games. NES/SNES/N64. Any idea why this is happening? Is there a fix? I've verified in the "edit rom collection" settings area that the correct file path and types are listed. I'm using OGST with an ODroid XU4 and others apparently don't have this problem. I'm on a fresh install fully updated though.