Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-02-27

(2018-02-27, 14:46)malte Wrote: '\n' is the line separator. So this should work:

fh.write('RCB Emuladores\nSelecciona Juego')

That worked!

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-03

@malte. Hi. I had rcb 2.1.5 running fine on kodi 17. Updated to 18, copy the rcb content and rcb works.

But starts with the info view 1.

I changed to info view 2 and every time rcb is launched, it defaults to info view 1.

Do you know hot to fix that?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-04

I can reproduce this here with Kodi 18. Did not find a quick solution, so I have to investigate further. Thanks for the info.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-04

Thanks @malte  Lets see if can get fixed, maybe config file is not saving changes.

Im trying to show rcb icon on kodi add ons at kodi home screen and I cant. Installed other add ons and they show the icon at home screen. With rcb i had to make it favourite to al least show in fav categorie. Not sure how kodi handles which add ons icons to show on homescreen, but its kinda upsetting.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-04

In Kodi 18 RCB is shown in the Games Addon category. If you did not enable the Games section with the Konami code, then RCB won't be shown at all.

Upcoming releases of RCB should be visible in both sections: Programs and Games.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-04

But any way to make it appear here like in kodi v17?

I did not enable games, will look into that, not sure what it it.

Yes, its possible. Go to RCBs addon folder and edit the file addon.xml.

There is a line like this:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="default.py">
    <provides>game</provides>
</extension>

Edit it that it looks like this:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="default.py">
    <provides>executable game</provides>
</extension>

Use a proper text editor like Notepad++ to make the changes.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-06

(2018-02-23, 22:49)trihy Wrote: @malte . Another thing to improve, could be scrolling. When you scroll with LT and RT from a 360 controller, scroll is smooth. But when you scroll with d-pad, is laggy. Maybe the scroll values are not correct when you keep pressed the d-pad.
I looked into this and I think I am able to reproduce it. At least with "autoplay video" enabled (and some gameplay videos ofc) it behaves like you describe it. Do you have video playback enabled, too?

(2018-03-03, 20:56)trihy Wrote: @malte. Hi. I had rcb 2.1.5 running fine on kodi 17. Updated to 18, copy the rcb content and rcb works.

I changed to info view 2 and every time rcb is launched, it defaults to info view 1.
This is a bug in Kodi, so we have to wait until it is fixed. But they are on it so I think it will be fixed at all. More info here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-07

(2018-03-06, 11:07)malte Wrote:
(2018-02-23, 22:49)trihy Wrote: @malte . Another thing to improve, could be scrolling. When you scroll with LT and RT from a 360 controller, scroll is smooth. But when you scroll with d-pad, is laggy. Maybe the scroll values are not correct when you keep pressed the d-pad.
I looked into this and I think I am able to reproduce it. At least with "autoplay video" enabled (and some gameplay videos ofc) it behaves like you describe it. Do you have video playback enabled, too?

(2018-03-03, 20:56)trihy Wrote: @malte. Hi. I had rcb 2.1.5 running fine on kodi 17. Updated to 18, copy the rcb content and rcb works.

This is a bug in Kodi, so we have to wait until it is fixed. But they are on it so I think it will be fixed at all. More info here.   
 Hi @malte Yes, I have autoplay video enable.

Editing addon.xml made rcb icon appear on homescreen. Dont you think this should be set as default?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-07

(2018-03-07, 01:38)trihy Wrote:  Hi @malte Yes, I have autoplay video enable.
Ok, can you do me a favor and test something?

In RCBs main skin file "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml" (located in kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.git\resources\skins\Default\720p) search for the occurance of "Autoplay video". You should find two button controls that have a line like this:
Code:
<animation delay="300" effect="fade" start="100" end="100">Focus</animation>
Can you change the delay to a higher value and test if this improves the scrolling? For me it was ok to change it to 500. It might be different on more or less performant systems. I will make this a configurable option in next release.
(2018-03-07, 01:38)trihy Wrote: Editing addon.xml made rcb icon appear on homescreen. Dont you think this should be set as default?
Yes, it will be like this in next release.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-07

(2018-03-07, 10:01)malte Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 01:38)trihy Wrote:  Hi @malte Yes, I have autoplay video enable.
Ok, can you do me a favor and test something?

In RCBs main skin file "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml" (located in kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.git\resources\skins\Default\720p) search for the occurance of "Autoplay video". You should find two button controls that have a line like this:
Code:
<animation delay="300" effect="fade" start="100" end="100">Focus</animation>
Can you change the delay to a higher value and test if this improves the scrolling? For me it was ok to change it to 500. It might be different on more or less performant systems. I will make this a configurable option in next release.
(2018-03-07, 01:38)trihy Wrote: Editing addon.xml made rcb icon appear on homescreen. Dont you think this should be set as default?
Yes, it will be like this in next release.

Hi. There are many of the same file. Changed it on default folder and on confluence folder.

Didnt noticed a major improvement.

I think the problem is the way it scroll. Cirsor shouldnt be at the top of screen list or at the bottom when you scroll. Then you can see better which game are you going to reach.

I think is not that related to scroll per se, more than the way it scroll.

If you try an xbox 360 controller and press slightly the analog triggers, you will get a much better experience. Also dont think is related to pc power.

Maybe we can borrow scroll settings from estuary skin?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-07

Ah, ok. Sounds like I completely misunderstood the issue. I noticed a little input lag when you scroll through the list step by step and auto video playback starts on every button press. This behaviour should improve when you increase the delay before the video autostarts.

But I think I know what you mean now. I had a look at the way Estuary handles the list scrolling and you are right, this is much better than the way it works in RCB. I will try to adopt it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-08

Yes, my english is not very good.

I was about to make a video. Great you get it.

Git can be downloaded and installed? Im using 2.1.5 but if there are newer builds I will like to try them Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2018-03-08

Using the current git version is quite easy. Just go to https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser and click on the green button "Clone or download". Then select "Downlaod ZIP". This zip file can be installed via kodi addon manager.

But best backup your config.xml and MyGames.db before you start testing the git version.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-03-09

Thanks @malte

Yesterday deleted the snes collection and rescraped again. And 600 of 1900 roms were left out of the list. There is a way to correct that?