Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2018-12-03

You need to provide more information.

We dont exactly know what you are doing. I can scrape fine nes and psx.

Also dev is busy with other stuff atm.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - RogueDesigns - 2018-12-23

Hey there!

I'm a long time XBMC/Kodi and RCB user, new to the forums.

Maybe one of you guys will be able to help me out.

I played around with older versions of RCB in the past, and I was able to customize it to some degree, meaning: tweak it to my personal preferences and - by resorting to some ugly hacks and not-so-elegant edits to the .py and XML files - stuff some features in that even worked... for me, at least. ;-) After all, it was just for personal use. I'm anything but a skilled coder, but I got the thing to look and work as I intended. That was way back in 2013.

Now, after a long break from launching my games from Kodi, I finally decided that Steam's Big Picture mode is NOT a sufficient means of managing my game library, so I went back to RCB.

For the record: I haven't made the switch to Kodi Leia yet, I'm still on Kodi Krypton 17.6.

I'm using RCB version 2.23.

I was very pleased with most of the changes Malte made to RCB over the past few years, and so I decided to be VERY careful with customization this time, and, for now, stick to mostly cosmetic changes and not delve into the Python code unless absolutely necessary (and unless I halfway know what I'm doing. No wild edits!).

I'm a fan of Kodi's Titan skin (which I was able to customize to some degree, too), and I always wanted my game library to better "fit in" visually with the rest of my media, so I got to work and even though there are still a LOT of rough edges, I'm quite pleased with the result so far. Don't get excited/upset/disgusted, like I said, this is for personal use and does definitely not meet everyone's taste (and yes, I'm German):

This is my movie library in my customized Titan skin.

This is my customized RCB main view, set up to match the movie library look as closely as possible. Hey, there are even media flags.

This is my movie info in my customized Titan skin.

This is my customized RCB Game Info view, set up to match the movie info look as closely as possible. Yeah, there are multiple buttons, currently, however, only one works ...

I haven't really messed with the actual Python code yet, but I do have a question:

From what I just eyeballed when I took a quick look at the .py files... did I get it right that video playback has pretty much been removed from the game info? Or am I simply too daft?

EDIT: Not too daft. Solved. Fiddling with dialoggameinfo.py and setting my "Play trailer" button up correctly helped.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - h_y_i_e_n - 2019-01-10

I'm running into this weird problem with RCB, where after exiting an emulator, the RCB config menu would automatically popup with no way to dismiss it.
I have kodi configured to autorun on start (via sddm's autologin feature) and I'm using dwm as my window manager.
My setup is keyboard-less and controlled via the Web remote / Kore app or gamepad.

My setup:
Dell Optiplex 780
Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
Kodi 17.6 (from ppa)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2019-01-16

Hey all, looking for some guidance here I’ve got my roms set up for RCB Via smb share with the various consoles having their own parent folder——> ROMS along side the console specific parent I’ve got seperate folders for the given emulator and rom art.

The problem I’m running into is when I scrape the ROMs it only pulls the nfo files any rom art or other art is not grabbed at all. Hopefully I’ve made the situation clear enough to follow. Thanks for any help you can provide.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kupo91 - 2019-01-19

(2019-01-16, 17:23)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: Hey all, looking for some guidance here I’ve got my roms set up for RCB Via smb share with the various consoles having their own parent folder——> ROMS along side the console specific parent I’ve got seperate folders for the given emulator and rom art.

The problem I’m running into is when I scrape the ROMs it only pulls the nfo files any rom art or other art is not grabbed at all. Hopefully I’ve made the situation clear enough to follow. Thanks for any help you can provide.
 What kodi version do you use? I have similar issues. I first tested it with kodi 18 on my main pc running windows 10 and on my nuc running libreelec. And I couldnt scrape anything. Not even the nfo file. Kodi just showed the file name of my rom without any descriptions or artworks.

Then I tested it with kodi 17 on my S905X box running libreelec and it started scrapping my games.

Only exception is nintendo wii. Thats totally weird.

[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2019-01-20

Currently using 18 RC4

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2019-01-27

Thegamedatabase is not working for me.

If you use another scraper, remember to disable prefer local nfo in settings.

If you scan with thegamedatabse it will create nfo files with no artwork or description and if you dont disable use local nfo, other scraper wont be able to replace those empty nfos/artworks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - schmurtz - 2019-01-30

I just tried the final version of Kodi 18 with retrogaming feature... I was astonished to see that there was no scraping by default.
Fortunately it seems you already have adapted your add-on to use it ! Thanks a lot for that !
Without your addon I would never have used retroplayer from Kodi 18...
Not easy the first time to choose between the differents "Media Type" in artwork section and get the jackets of my games but it seems OK new Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - yoshitslc - 2019-02-03

Hello,

I’m trying to configure RCB on my mediaserver and I’m able to launch Retroplayer cores but I’m not able to launch any game from retroarch.

I’m on Ubuntu Bionic and here my configuration (It’s Dreamcast but I have the same issue with gb, Ps2...):
Emulator Cmd: /usr/lib/retroarch
Emulator Params: -f -L /usr/lib/libretro/reicast_libretro.so "%ROM%"

Here is the translation in the logs:
"\/usr\/bin\/retroarch" -f -L /usr/lib/libretro/reicast_libretro.so "\/media\/fernand\/roms\/Dreamcast\/Powerstone\.cdi"

What am I doing wrong ?

EDIT SOLUTION: I was overlooking of the time the EscapeCmd option, that was what I was doing wrong. Now it works !

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - yoshitslc - 2019-02-03

I ran into an other problem, I saw it mention some posts before the release post of the 2.2.3 but I didn’t find any solution. It’s about the focus bug when I’m getting out from an external emulator. I can’t move anything with keyboard, remote ou controler. The only thing working is the mouse. It doing it in both Estuary and Titan Bingie mod (where it’s a bigger problem because you need the return button to open the menu). Event with the mouse, I can’t make him focus on Kodi again.

Kodi is launched as the x-session standalone, so my only solution at this point is to kill it and come back to Ubuntu login prompt.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Beeman - 2019-02-04

using 1978 space invaders (invaders.zip) in mame as an example, where does the invaders.zip samples file go? I tried:-

C:\app\kodi\portable_data\addons\game.libretro.mame2010\resources\system\mame2010\samples
C:\app\kodi\portable_data\userdata\profiles\adults\addon_data\game.libretro.mame2010\resources\system\mame2010\samples
C:\app\kodi\portable_data\userdata\profiles\adults\addon_data\game.libretro.mame2000\resources\system\mame2000\samples

Weird thing is Mame 2010 emu invaders seems to now have the sound, but I removed all signs of the samples zip? 

Planning to write Script to migrate all data from hyperspin to kodi 18 games addon. Already wrote in-depth one to autoconfig hyperspin/rocketlauncher a while back, so got most code I need already. Experimenting with this and other addons but need to work out what goes where first, then try the diff addons.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - vansai - 2019-02-05

Good day. Add Russian language

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/xbmc-addons/viewstrings/#ru/script-games-rom-collection-browser/30624108

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Beeman - 2019-02-07

Tried using the offline scraper to import Mame, after 6 hours it still hadn't got past letter 'Ad'! (Full Mame from PleasureDome) Is it just really slow or is there something else going on, is it also going online for something?

I could generate the nfo's myself from history.dat and have previously speeded up similar stuff using hash tables. But if I do, is there a similar way as with Kodi Movies to 'only' read in the offline data via the nfo's, using the local paths therein to populate the art?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Beeman - 2019-02-07

Actually further to this, I noticed that the right hand side bar select options for genre, year, publisher is unpopulated, despite the fact the individual games have this set. Is this because I cancelled the import early or is this not implemented?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kerplunk - 2019-02-08

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out, but I'm having some trouble setting up RCB to launch games with Kodi 18.

I am using the official release of Kodi 18 and RCB 2.2.3 on windows 10.

I have imported all my art work and roms into RCB, but every time i try to launch a game the bottom right hand side says "launching X game" but then nothing happens.

I have RCB set to use Retroplayer and have tried all the available NES game clients (emulators). My game files are in .zip form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.