Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jaydash - 2020-08-07

(2020-08-07, 11:58)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 00:44)jaydash Wrote: Hi! 
Not sure what I'm doing wrong... I'm trying to add stand alone PC games and I've tried to follow the instructions as documented on Git.
Windows 10, latest Leia
I have a folder full of shortcuts, and a sub folder for artwork.  I installed RCB and on first run I choose to scrape info and artwork online, I choose Windows as the platform, for ROM path I choose the folder with all the shortcuts, then the empty artwork folder.  For file mask I use "*.lnk".  A dialog box pops up, looks like it's running through all the shortcuts, but then when it finishes it's a completely empty RCB screen...  Back in the shortcut folder it has added .nfo files for each shortcut, but those files are empty except for <title> and <platform>.  The artwork folder is still completely empty...
If a log or any other information would be helpful I'm happy to get that, just let me know...
I REALLY appreciate any help!

Are you using the latest version of RCB? The one in kodi repo is outdated. Download directly from github instead but take care of the different branches, depending on which kodi you use (leia or matrix).
And which online-scraper do you use? Did you try with thegamesdb?
THANK YOU.
Wow. I'm embarrassed.  That's exactly what happened... I tried using the version in the official Kodi repo. 
I installed the newest and it's imported things... I can work on tweaking art and play around with launching now.
THANKS AGAIN.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - jaydash - 2020-08-07

And another question!
Got the standalone Windows games scanned (thanks again Kupo91!). Launching some games caused focus issues when returning to Kodi --it's not a deal breaker, right? Just adds another step to refocus Kodi.
But thought I'd try solo mode to avoid having to pick up the remote or a keyboard to refocus.  Turned on Solo Mode in the EditRomCollection dialogue per the Git documentation... now when launching a game, it shuts Kodi down and launches the game, but after exiting the game Kodi does not start back up.  However, when you start Kodi manually, it does automatically go back into RCB -so that's pretty cool.
Any ideas as to what I might be missing... why is Kodi not re-starting?  Is this something perhaps to do with using Kodi in portable mode?
Again, any help is VERY much appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2020-08-08

(2020-07-26, 03:36)trihy Wrote: Hi. Thanks. Yes, that worked great.

Im trying to figure it out how to scrap or at least scan ps3 games, since they all have the same eboot.bin name, rcb only show one of them and ignore the rest, because of the same name. If I can make rcb show all eboot.bin I could manually correct their names.

I don't have PS3 games in my RCB but a few PS1 and PS2 so you may try to place each game in his own directory and in RCB menu "Edit Rom Collections" go to your PS3 collection and set "Use Foldername as Gamename"

Hope it helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-08-12

Maybe "solo mode" is outdated?

Probably is looking for xbmc.exe. Or kodi.exe on the wrong location (x86 or x64 folder)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-08-12

(2020-08-08, 17:43)Maleficium Wrote:

Im trying to figure it out how to scrap or at least scan ps3 games, since they all have the same eboot.bin name, rcb only show one of them and ignore the rest, because of the same name. If I can make rcb show all eboot.bin I could manually correct their names.

I don't have PS3 games in my RCB but a few PS1 and PS2 so you may try to place each game in his own directory and in RCB menu "Edit Rom Collections" go to your PS3 collection and set "Use Foldername as Gamename"

Hope it helps.

Hi, tried that, but I guess rcb could only check on only one folder structure (ie. Gamename/game.boot). Ps3 games have the exe on a subfolder (ie. Gamename/usdir/game.boot) so games get the name of the subfolder, that is the same for every ps3 game.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2020-08-14

(2020-08-12, 16:41)trihy Wrote:
(2020-08-08, 17:43)Maleficium Wrote:

Hope it helps.

Hi, tried that, but I guess rcb could only check on only one folder structure (ie. Gamename/game.boot). Ps3 games have the exe on a subfolder (ie. Gamename/usdir/game.boot) so games get the name of the subfolder, that is the same for every ps3 game.

I had the same problem with a couple WiiU games that I have. There was just a few so I created a batch file for each of them with the emulator command and set RCB to search for WiiU games in the batch folder.
That way RCB launches the batch and the batch have the command for the emulator. Only 4 games in my case so no big trouble.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-08-17

Yes, will try to make some batch files. 

What did you use for wiiu?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2020-08-18

(2020-08-17, 21:22)trihy Wrote: Yes, will try to make some batch files. 

What did you use for wiiu?

I use Cemu Emulator.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2020-08-18

(2020-08-07, 21:55)jaydash Wrote: And another question!
Got the standalone Windows games scanned (thanks again Kupo91!). Launching some games caused focus issues when returning to Kodi --it's not a deal breaker, right? Just adds another step to refocus Kodi.
But thought I'd try solo mode to avoid having to pick up the remote or a keyboard to refocus.  Turned on Solo Mode in the EditRomCollection dialogue per the Git documentation... now when launching a game, it shuts Kodi down and launches the game, but after exiting the game Kodi does not start back up.  However, when you start Kodi manually, it does automatically go back into RCB -so that's pretty cool.
Any ideas as to what I might be missing... why is Kodi not re-starting?  Is this something perhaps to do with using Kodi in portable mode?
Again, any help is VERY much appreciated!
You need to check the path that is used to launch Kodi in applaunch.bat or applaunch-vbs.bat and edit it manually if your path differs. Default path is "%PROGRAMFILES%\Kodi\Kodi.exe".

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Buff - 2020-08-22

Hi, wondered if someone could help - I'm probably doing something simple incorrectly, but can't figure it out.

I'm running Matrix and installed the RCB Service for Matrix and the current Git version, setup two rom collections (N64 & PS1) and neither are importing any games. The log file seems to find 65 games (N64) but RCB says no games found.

My log is on my Google Drive (as too large for hastebin etc...) here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14oVlq5XRUttOcM4JZtAtFeYhEpNXtcic?usp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Kupo91 - 2020-08-22

(2020-08-22, 11:30)Buff Wrote: Hi, wondered if someone could help - I'm probably doing something simple incorrectly, but can't figure it out.

I'm running Matrix and installed the RCB Service for Matrix and the current Git version, setup two rom collections (N64 & PS1) and neither are importing any games. The log file seems to find 65 games (N64) but RCB says no games found.

My log is on my Google Drive (as too large for hastebin etc...) here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14oVlq5XRUttOcM4JZtAtFeYhEpNXtcic?usp=sharing

Many thanks

If RCB don't import your games there are actually only 2 possible reasons.

1) You entered the wrong rom path
2) You entered the wrong rom extensions (for example *.n64, *.z64 or *.v64 for N64 games, *.cue, *.m3u, *.PBP for PS1 games and so on) (notice that they are case sensitive)

Check this stuff in your rom collection settings

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Buff - 2020-08-22

(2020-08-22, 13:58)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-08-22, 11:30)Buff Wrote: Hi, wondered if someone could help - I'm probably doing something simple incorrectly, but can't figure it out.

Many thanks

2) You entered the wrong rom extensions (for example *.n64, *.z64 or *.v64 for N64 games, *.cue, *.m3u, *.PBP for PS1 games and so on) (notice that they are case sensitive)

Thanks Kupo91 - unfortunately, both the path and the extensions seem to be correct. Tried a different path with one game in it and tried adding upper case *.N64 as well as *.n64 and other extensions etc... but nothing is being found.

There does seem to be an error message in the log about "gamenamefromfile" but no idea what this is about - if someone can take a look that would be great.

Many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dinho.bc - 2020-08-22

(2020-08-22, 15:46)Buff Wrote:
(2020-08-22, 13:58)Kupo91 Wrote:

Many thanks

Thanks Kupo91 - unfortunately, both the path and the extensions seem to be correct. Tried a different path with one game in it and tried adding upper case *.N64 as well as *.n64 and other extensions etc... but nothing is being found.

There does seem to be an error message in the log about "gamenamefromfile" but no idea what this is about - if someone can take a look that would be great.

Many thanks
Check if some filter is active

(2020-08-22, 17:59)dinho.bc Wrote:
(2020-08-22, 15:46)Buff Wrote:
(2020-08-22, 13:58)Kupo91 Wrote: If RCB don't import your games there are actually only 2 possible reasons.

Many thanks
Check if some filter is active
Thanks, but no filters are active

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2020-08-24

Many thanks
Looks like you ran into a bug that @XayOn already fixed (link). But I still had no time to test an include it in RCBs repo. Will do that ASAP.

Just curious: Did you abort RCBs import process or did it run to end? If you aborted it, this might be the reason. Usually this should work, but atm there is a bug in handling the abort command in Matrix branch.