Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- frank jonhson - 2011-03-07

it just goes back to the empty browsing screen, which is a big wall of "all"s seeing as nothing has been imported. they import fine if scaped online, but i'd love to use my local artwork sets just to keep everything clean. i'm not exactly sure what's up.
Watch TV Online

- twotone8 - 2011-03-07

@malte

funnily enough that IS right after i've tried to add a rom collection. i went through all the steps to get my NES Set working, then tried to import. nuffin'.

- malte - 2011-03-07

Damn, you are rightBig Grin There is no logging in this part of the code. I will add it with the next version.

In the meantime we could maybe hunt this down if you describe me what exactly you entered in the wizard and what is your scenario. Like I said before from the log it looks like there are no RomCollections in your config. This could happen if you skipped parts of the wizard like adding rom path or game description.

What is your scenario: Do you only want to use your artwork or do you also have local game descriptions?

- twotone8 - 2011-03-07

i want to use my local artwork, but i have no local description database.

i point it to my emulator, the rom directory, my cover art, box art, screenshots, and title, and then cancel out when it asks for the description. i tried creating a dummy description file "blank.txt" with the word "blank" written in it, but then canceled out when it asked for the .xml file to manage it. oh, and i chose 'use one description for all games' or whatever it's called. would it be possible to scan everything the other way and simply set 'local info' for the scrapers when asked?

- malte - 2011-03-08

Ok, then it was the problem that you canceled out the description or parser. In local data mode RCB will skip adding the Rom Collection if you cancel this part.

If you went through the complete scraping process earlier and already have local nfo files then you could add a dummy desc file and a dummy parser config to complete the wizard and then choose local nfo in the import options dialog.

If you don't have local nfo files you have several options to get it working in your scenario:
1. Use online scraping scenario and place your artwork where RCB expects it (in the wizard you choose a base directory and RCB creates the sub directories boxfront, boxback, screenshot, cartridge and fanart)
2. Use online scraping mode and edit config.xml to point it to your artwork files.
3. Use local data mode and download some offline game descriptions (http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/UseOfflineGameDescriptions)

- kruuth - 2011-03-08

I'm having trouble getting RCB to recognize NES and Atari 5200 roms. What is the naming convention that we should use?

- malte - 2011-03-08

Best naming convention is to be as close as possible at the names on the scraped sites. But even with slightly different names you should be able to scrape the games.

Could you give examples what games are not scraped correctly? Best will be to see a log file of a game import.

- jimyx17 - 2011-03-09

kruuth Wrote:I'm having trouble getting RCB to recognize NES and Atari 5200 roms. What is the naming convention that we should use?

What kind of problems are you reaching? I've got both full romsets in my htpc without a problem, so I can tell you that it should work. I use goodtools when I can, but other should be ok too.

- kruuth - 2011-03-09

I'll try those. The problem I'm having is that it tells me I'm missing roms. I'll have 60+ roms there but only 4-5 will show up.

- malte - 2011-03-10

Make sure you checked the wiki site about importing games. For me it sounds like you try to imort games only in accurate mode and that a lot of games are skipped because the names are not matching 100%.

And if you still have problems please tell us what games are missing and show us a log file of a game import. We can't help you if you just throw out one sentence with a general problem description.

- Sageinwhite - 2011-03-19

I seem to have messed up when entering in the ext types is there anywhere I can change these given that it doesnt seem to allow me to set up another rom set with the same system. Sorry its most likely a really simple answer, but after scouring this thread and the wiki for the last hour I cant seem to figure out how to change those options. I know without a doubt thats where my problem lies given that I changed the ext type settings when setting up one of the other systems and it seems to be working flawlessly. The layout I used had the | rather than the *.

- donkey33 - 2011-03-19

I just found this and wanted to say thank you. This is perfect for what I need and I appreciate the work done.

- carabalb - 2011-03-19

Sageinwhite Wrote:I seem to have messed up when entering in the ext types is there anywhere I can change these given that it doesnt seem to allow me to set up another rom set with the same system. Sorry its most likely a really simple answer, but after scouring this thread and the wiki for the last hour I cant seem to figure out how to change those options. I know without a doubt thats where my problem lies given that I changed the ext type settings when setting up one of the other systems and it seems to be working flawlessly. The layout I used had the | rather than the *.

Right now you have to go to the "XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser" directory (atleast on Windows) and edit the config.xml file to make changes to your Rom Collection. If all goes well, you should be able to make changes to your Rom Collection directly from RCB soon.

- fallenae - 2011-03-22

I cannot get RCD to recognise my MAME roms have set as %rom% and *.zip but when i go to scrape it dosnt seem to even think about it just skips to browser with no games. I have been sucesful with all other console roms. any ideas? roms are mutliple files within zip files?

- jubal1 - 2011-03-22

Hi, when I try to add a rom set the only option I am given to select the path is z: which is my dvd-rom drive.

Has anyone else experienced this, is it a known issue. I have XBMC Dharma 10.0, Win 7.

No other path selection issues elsewhere in XBMC or add-ons. Tried multiple skins too.

Can anyone help?