Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- lunerceli - 2011-07-25

After RCB scrapes and imports games to the library, it shows all the info, box art, etc. But after I shut down RCB and go back into it, it only shows the info for the game, and it is missing a bunch of games and mixing my games with other systems. I tried importing the games using local data, and that worked, but then again, it did the same thing once I exited RCB and then came back to it. I am running the Jul 17th nightly build of pre-eden. Thanks for the help Malte.

NM Malte....I just went into RCB and everything is there with no mix ups or anything with the games. All the artwork is there now. I guess it was just a kink or something....I am in Afghanistan right now, so I reckon my computer is wanting to be stupid or something.

- teeedubb - 2011-07-25

malte Wrote:zlib is used to compute the crc values when importing game descriptions from offline scrapers. So when you just use online scraping it will be fine when you skip the import.

In XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dbupdate.py edit line 6 like this (or remove the import zlib completely):
Code:
#import zlib

I will also check if there is another solution.

Thanks malte that did the trick, rcb loads now. Im going to have another go at compiling python with zlib enabled, this time without a few beers in my stomach hehe. It seems as though there are 2 versions of python installed on my machine, maybe the wrong one is being called? I really dont know enough about python to be sure...

Thanks for the help and the wonderful addon!

- lunerceli - 2011-07-25

@ Malte
Are you planning on adding a feature that will allow you to add individual games or rescan the directory without having to go through adding all of the games again??

- malte - 2011-07-25

@lunerceli: Yes, it is on my list. I hope to get it in with one of the next releases. A workaround in current versions would be to edit the rom file mask before importing games. You can use complete game name or part of the name with *.

- altoiddealer - 2011-07-26

Rom Collection Browser is absolutely amazing. What are the chances of a standalone version being developed?

I multi-boot OpenELEC and Ubuntu~ I have Ubuntu configured and dedicated exclusively for emulation. Rom Collection Browser is by far the best launcher/front-end available, but I literally have XBMC running for the sole reason that Rom Collection Browser needs it to be running.

- malte - 2011-07-26

@altoiddealer: Sorry, chances are next to zeroSmile

It's all the eye-candy stuff that is coming from XBMC. It will never be possible for me to rebuild this. And I think a media center is a perfect place for a game library.

- altoiddealer - 2011-07-26

I kinda figured it wouldn't be that easy Oo

problem - burningstone - 2011-07-27

Hi everybody,

I did some search on google and in a few forums, but i can't find a solution
for my problem.

I would like to start roms over XBMC and i want to start GlovePie with a script the same time, so that i can only start my wiimote, autoconnect it and play my games.I tried two different ways, which i'll explain to you.

Variant 1:
With the integrated Launcher and a selfmade batch file looking like this:
start C:\blablabla\project64.exe %rom%
start C:\blablabla\GlovePie.exe -Wiimotescript.PIE

So this works just fine, i can choose a game hit enter, start my wiimote, it connects automaticaly and after closing the applications im back in XBMC, but i dont see any thumbnails in XBMC for my roms. Just like in the description i put a file with the same name as the rom and the ending ".jpg" in my rom folder, add the rom folder to my launcher but nothing happens no thumbnails.

Variant 2:
With rom collection browser, amazing plugin, i can see description, thumbnails, fanarts, ..., but rom collection browser can't handle the batch file.

So is there a possibility either add thumbnails to the launcher or otherwise start GlovePie with rom collection browser. Starting GlovePIE with windows is not an option because i have 3 emuators integrated in XBMC and every emulator has his own script in GlovePIE, so it has to start GlovePIE with the needed script when i open a rom in rom collection browser.

Sorry for my bad english. Im a swiss guy
Hope anyone can help me solving my problem or explain a different way to me how to get this to work. Thanks for responses.

Greetings from switzerland

- malte - 2011-07-28

Should be no problem to run a batch file with RCB, too.

I think the batch file must look like this (%* instead of %rom%):
Code:
start C:\blablabla\project64.exe %*
start C:\blablabla\GlovePie.exe -Wiimotescript.PIE

In RCB you must use the path to the batch file as emuCmd and "%ROM%" as emuParam.

works - burningstone - 2011-07-28

I've deleted RCB and all his configurations, installed it again and now it works
with the same batch file as before. Thats damn mysterious xD but thanks for the quick reply malte !!

- Zxurian - 2011-07-28

awesome addon malte.

having trouble importing one of my collections tough. I was able to import my nes roms just fine, but when I try to import snes, it's just flashing the progress window briefly before going back to main rom browser screen, like it couldn't find any.

my config.xml is here - http://pastebin.com/WSMyGi40

- malte - 2011-07-29

Config looks good, afaics. If your rom files are on "/mnt/dionysus/volume_2/Emulators/SNES/Roms" and end with "*.smc" everything should be fine.

Can you upload a log file after you tried to import your snes collection?

close xbmc - burningstone - 2011-07-29

Malte i just got antother question. Hopefully you can help me.
How does my batch file have to look like, if i want to close
XBMC when the emulator and glovePIE start up and open XBMC
again when i close the emulator and glovePIE?

- malte - 2011-07-29

There are two options to achieve this:

1. Add the commands you need to close XBMC to your scripts
2. Run RCB in solo mode and let it launch your batch file

I would suggest the 2nd option. The advantage is that RCB will also manage to go back to your game list after you exit the emulator. Otherwise you will go to XBMCs home screen. I think you can leave everything as it is. Just enable the solo mode.

Check this wiki page for more information about RCBs solo mode.

If you want to go with the first option you can check the batch file (applaunch.bat) that comes with RCB. This will show you the commands needed to close and start XBMC.

- Zxurian - 2011-07-30

malte Wrote:Config looks good, afaics. If your rom files are on "/mnt/dionysus/volume_2/Emulators/SNES/Roms" and end with "*.smc" everything should be fine.

Can you upload a log file after you tried to import your snes collection?

log file here after trying an import of just snes collection - http://pastebin.com/iMBwZ06u

Update
after checking to make sure that path exists, apparently it's an issue with my mount not staying.

my roms are on a shared server, so to access them I used the method in this post, which worked for the NES games, but now the mounts disappeared.

Is there any reliable way yet of access roms over an smb share?