Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

No more keyboard... - fablog - 2011-08-25

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this add-on. I was waiting for something like that in XBMC during the last 3 years. Great job!

I would like to know how to come back to XBMC, after playing a game, without the need to close the Dolphin windows myself. Is it something I need to configure in RCB or in Dolphin? My wish is to use XBMC and RCB without the need to use a keyboard anymore (only a gamepad, wiimote or my logitech harmony), because I use it in my living room.

Thanks

- Darkcloud - 2011-08-26

Its a Problem with Dolphin because you can't terminate it completely.

- fablog - 2011-08-26

Darkcloud Wrote:Its a Problem with Dolphin because you can't terminate it completely.

Thanks for your answer. I found nothing about this problem in the dolphin's forum. Do you know any solution to this pb?

- SM_Sith_Lord - 2011-08-26

Chances are that Dolphin requires you to use the mouse to close because the people who make the emulator do not have front ends in mind when they design it.

You could contact the developers of Dolphin and ask them to create a new shortcut that completely closes Dolphin. Btw, it annoys me as well that I can't close it out with a single keypress like other emulators that DO have frontends in mind.

- malte - 2011-08-27

Domina Wrote:In the case of the manual would not be possible to use adobe pdf or similar?
Yes, it should be possible. But maybe not on all systems. Added to my list, but with low priority.

Domina Wrote:I think you not understood me.

I will explain with pictures of a frontend that currently use this resource and would like to see him in future in Rom Collector!
Ok, I understand. This is more a skinning issue. But I guess RCB would need some modifications to support it. I wil think about it again in a later development stage.

As already said above, these are all very advanced features for people that want to have 100% completeness and accuracy in their rom collections. I will address these issues when RCBs base functionality is done.

Domina Wrote:Support the rename systems (ex: genesis, nes, snes, playstation, etc...) custom for users (ex: Genesis to Sega Mega Drive)?
It is possible to rename rom collections after you imported the games. But you can only do this in config.xml.

Domina Wrote:The Intent of support skin aeon ex: aeon MQ in future?
Yes. If no user or skinner will do this in the future I will start to build such a skin by myself. But I am not a good skinner, so don't expect skins that are as good as the original ones. The 0.9.x releases contain some slight skin modifications that I want to finish before I start to work on new skins.

Domina Wrote:I forgot one last suggestion, support for other systems (Arcade) ex: taito type x, x2, examus, MVS etc... I actually think it would be nice telos islands each system with the same name in the list of filters, maybe a new filter containing the type ex: (console, arcade, computer, portable and Pinball).
I don't think that I will do this. It would be a huge rework of the cuurrent database layout and needs a lot of time to be done.

SM_Sith_Lord Wrote:Btw, where does RCB store my emulator configurations? If they are stored in an XML file, I should be able to have SM Arcade auto-configure its emulator settings to match the user's RCB settings as well.
All configurations are stored in the file config.xml. You will find it in XBMCs userdata folder in "addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser". XBMC userdata can be found here on Win: "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" and on Linux "$HOME/.xbmc"

- Domina - 2011-08-27

Thanks for the replies, Malte

Really will be a rework,
then it's possible create a custom option for emulator?
Ex: A new option where you can add a custom system by the user in addition to systems that already exist in the list.

If the "rom collector" can not find a fanart, how do I it does not get the front cover in place or other art?
Ex: In my htpc, I want let only fanart if it does not find image fanart on the web or offline, I want to run out art in background.

About Aeon skin, will then wait for your work.
I remember when the "djh" posted here on the forum some pictures of his idea for this skin in the game detail page, I'll post them here to inspire.

Continue the good work! Laugh

Edit:
Quote:Really will be a rework,
then it's possible create a custom option for emulator?
Ex: A new option where you can add a custom system by the user in addition to systems that already exist in the list.

I have found a way to add all my arcade games listing in systems in "Rom Collector" with its hint that I could rename the system within the xml "userdata". I saw it the old name system back in name system list to add new emulator in the list, so basically I have to do is just rename the systems in xml, that he will give me the desired effect.

Now I have my systems on independent lists, something that could not with mame.

Thanks for the tip!

- W1nks - 2011-08-28

When I am doing my scrapping I am getting multiple tracks for some games. Why is this? For instance, Mortal Kombat Triliogy on PSX goes up to 30 tracks in the "boxfront" folder. The filename of one is:

Mortal Kombat 3 (USA) (Track 12).jpg

All the different tracks are the same picture and it seems like a waste of space.

Also when I added my SNES collection it started rescrapping PSX. Is it possible to stop it from rescrapping that one again?

- silentdaze - 2011-08-28

For some reason, I can't get it to properly scan .zip files for my NES games. The zip files contain nothing but the .nes rom. When I extract a few games and add the *.nes file mask, it will import them so I know my settings are proper. With them in the .zip though (with both *.zip and *.nes file masks), it scans the library and finds nothing.

When I turn on "Use folder name as gamename" it hangs on the "import games..." dialogue and freezes.

Any suggestions?

- silentdaze - 2011-08-28

silentdaze Wrote:For some reason, I can't get it to properly scan .zip files for my NES games. The zip files contain nothing but the .nes rom. When I extract a few games and add the *.nes file mask, it will import them so I know my settings are proper. With them in the .zip though (with both *.zip and *.nes file masks), it scans the library and finds nothing.

When I turn on "Use folder name as gamename" it hangs on the "import games..." dialogue and freezes.

Any suggestions?

Actually, just ran a test and even though it fins my test .nes and creats .nfo files for them, it doesn't load them into the browser. I followed all the instructions and its clearly scrapping the info, but it all stays blank

- lunerceli - 2011-08-29

I am currently having the same problem. Everything has been going great the past couple of days, and now it goes through the scraping process and then shows nothing. It isn't even creating nfo files or the folders for the box art and all that good stuff. Did anything change with the scrapers Malte??

- malte - 2011-08-29

Can one of you please add a log file after reproducing this issue? I tested some imports in the last days without problems. But I will do some more tests tomorrow.

- CoinTos - 2011-08-30

Hey,

I can't get the offline scrape for Sega Genesis to work. With NES and SNES no issues, with Genesis on the other hand it will go to 88% (loading list) after I start the import and then just sits there till the notification box disappears. The log shows no errors and the offline scraper setup is the same as I did the others, can someone confirm that Genesis text file in description pack worked for them?

Thanks.

- W1nks - 2011-08-30

Is there a guide for opening up your emulators in full screen? Thanks.

- Tomkun - 2011-08-30

W1nks Wrote:Is there a guide for opening up your emulators in full screen? Thanks.

Most emulators support a command-line parameter to do that, e.g --fullscreen or --f.

I'd recommend taking a look at the website of the emulator in question.

- malte - 2011-08-30

Domina Wrote:If the "rom collector" can not find a fanart, how do I it does not get the front cover in place or other art?
Ex: In my htpc, I want let only fanart if it does not find image fanart on the web or offline, I want to run out art in background.
This can be done via editing the config.xml file. There is a section imapgePlacing that is explained here. As you see there are some values that occur more than once: these are the fallback values if the first one ist not found. Just delete this fallback values and it should work like you expect it.

Domina Wrote:About Aeon skin, will then wait for your work.
I remember when the "djh" posted here on the forum some pictures of his idea for this skin in the game detail page, I'll post them here to inspire.
Thanks. I will use them as inspiration when I start to work on it.

Domina Wrote:I have found a way to add all my arcade games listing in systems in "Rom Collector" with its hint that I could rename the system within the xml "userdata". I saw it the old name system back in name system list to add new emulator in the list, so basically I have to do is just rename the systems in xml, that he will give me the desired effect.

Now I have my systems on independent lists, something that could not with mame.

Thanks for the tip!
I could add an option to enter a name during import. But this will only work for offline game descriptions as the name is also used to search on the online site for platform specific entries.

W1nks Wrote:When I am doing my scrapping I am getting multiple tracks for some games. Why is this? For instance, Mortal Kombat Triliogy on PSX goes up to 30 tracks in the "boxfront" folder. The filename of one is:

Mortal Kombat 3 (USA) (Track 12).jpg

All the different tracks are the same picture and it seems like a waste of space.
Strange. Do you have so many different cds for mortal kombat? Or are these all music tracks that RCB maybe interpreted as roms during import? Please show me a log of this import, I can't guess what went wrong without seeing a log file.

W1nks Wrote:Also when I added my SNES collection it started rescrapping PSX. Is it possible to stop it from rescrapping that one again?
Yes, it is. If you only want to import SNES, just select this Rom Collection in the dialog box that appears before the game import. It is described here.

silentdaze Wrote:For some reason, I can't get it to properly scan .zip files for my NES games. The zip files contain nothing but the .nes rom. When I extract a few games and add the *.nes file mask, it will import them so I know my settings are proper. With them in the .zip though (with both *.zip and *.nes file masks), it scans the library and finds nothing.

Any suggestions?
silentdaze Wrote:Actually, just ran a test and even though it fins my test .nes and creats .nfo files for them, it doesn't load them into the browser. I followed all the instructions and its clearly scrapping the info, but it all stays blank
lunerceli Wrote:I am currently having the same problem. Everything has been going great the past couple of days, and now it goes through the scraping process and then shows nothing. It isn't even creating nfo files or the folders for the box art and all that good stuff. Did anything change with the scrapers Malte??
Importing zip files should be no problem if the file mask is set correctly. I just made a full reimport of my test scenarios and everything went fine (using latest version from SVN, but there have been no general import issues with 0.8.7 and 0.9.0). Please show me a log file of your imports. I can't help without one.

CoinTos Wrote:Hey,

I can't get the offline scrape for Sega Genesis to work. With NES and SNES no issues, with Genesis on the other hand it will go to 88% (loading list) after I start the import and then just sits there till the notification box disappears. The log shows no errors and the offline scraper setup is the same as I did the others, can someone confirm that Genesis text file in description pack worked for them?

Thanks.
Yes, I was able to use it several times. If it stops at a certain point this is usually because there is a problem with one game (e.g. encoding issue). Even if you don't see an error in the log, can you show it to me? Maybe I can see any other problem with the import.