Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- Kode - 2010-08-02

also, if someone (or several) were to have a look at actioning this http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=564511&postcount=1096 then maybe we would get some more decent contributors Wink

- mcborzu - 2010-08-02

Sranshaft Wrote:Eh...a call for more contributors? Every time I try to make a dent in the requests, a whole new flood of them come in. Laugh

Perhaps a system for showing the most requested logos. That way, we can work through those and worry about the logos that only a handful of people need later.

Yea I feel bad I just haven't had much time, and what time I have had has been messing with my skin or I had to update/create new artwork for XBMCstuff.com.

Plus alot of these series are really rare which makes finding good sources difficult. But thats also a good thing since the "popular" shows that most people have are done. Plus I not that great of a "font matcher" so that also adds to the difficulty for me atleast.

Maybe to tweak that idea since maybe people wont request a show that they already looked up. Maybe a time that been on the list might help - Lost (27 days)

- Kode - 2010-08-02

yeah, how long they have been requested for is probably a good idea

- hikaricore - 2010-08-03

Kode Wrote:277 requests o_O maybe i should put some code in so if there are over 100 requests in the queue, you can only make a request if you have also contributed? Though i suppose that might limit the usefulness of the site. Anyone got any suggestions for improvements?

I'd be willing to bet a large majority of these are requested by a handful of people.
Maybe allow them to request 1 or 2 without contributing?
The only downside to this is we'll get people flooding us with garbage images just to try and snake a few more requests.
Idk but something has to be done. I'm way too busy for the next month or so to do much. :/

- RockDawg - 2010-08-03

Anyone know of any video tutorials on how to cleanly extract things like logos in PS? I'd love to pitch in if I knew how to.

- Kode - 2010-08-03

hikaricore Wrote:I'd be willing to bet a large majority of these are requested by a handful of people.
Maybe allow them to request 1 or 2 without contributing?
The only downside to this is we'll get people flooding us with garbage images just to try and snake a few more requests.
Idk but something has to be done. I'm way too busy for the next month or so to do much. :/

Or could have it so they could only request say 1 or 2 a day unless they have approved submissions. And if they send us crap images their upload privileges are removed for 2 weeks, and their request privelages removed for 1 week... or something like that

- Kode - 2010-08-03

RockDawg Wrote:Anyone know of any video tutorials on how to cleanly extract things like logos in PS? I'd love to pitch in if I knew how to.

I've been trying to get hikaricore and Sranshaft to do some tutorials that i could put on the site... consequently, it appears, they have both been avoiding me... Wink

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-03

Kode Wrote:I've been trying to get hikaricore and Sranshaft to do some tutorials that i could put on the site... consequently, it appears, they have both been avoiding me... Wink

lol Yeah, sure have! Nah, been pretty sick the last couple of weeks. I'll try and find a spare couple of minutes the week and get a tutorial up for you. Nod

- Kode - 2010-08-03

hope you are feeling better, and that would be cool Smile

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-04

Kode Wrote:hope you are feeling better, and that would be cool Smile

Thanks mate. More tests and all that bullshit to go through...

A quick thing, I just noticed the 'pending images' page has a different width or the background area where the color is applied is a different width hence making logos look shifted to the left (not horizontally centered).

Only just noticed this because I just denied an image uploaded by indra-symfonia thinking it wasn't centered but when I checked the 'denied images' page it was centered fine.

Oh and while I'm thinking about it, is there a chance to approve a denied image. Just in case something like this happens in the future?

- Kode - 2010-08-04

Should be fixed now, i was originally changing the background colour of the table cell, so on a big screen the size of the cell might stretch, im now applying the background directly to the image, so it should be fine now Smile

Will look into approving denied images

- Kode - 2010-08-05

Requests are now ordered by

1) Amount of people that want the image (You can click "I want this" on any show you want that has already been requested.
2) How long ago the image was requested, older requests first.

However the second one isn't going to be very useful for a while as all 278 current requests will show up as being requested today

- Kode - 2010-08-05

Also, as requested, clicking on one of the latest logos downloads it.

- hikaricore - 2010-08-05

I'm pretty sure we can already approve denied images, unless you changed something. O.o
Good work on the new features. Smile If I have time this weekend I'll see if I can come out of retirement and crank out a few logos.

- Kode - 2010-08-05

no, there was a button that said approve, but i hadn't got round to wiring it up, and you said to just remove it all together so there were no cases where an image could be approved then denied then approved then denied then approved then denied then approved etc Tongue

*edit* also that tutorial would be awesome as well ;P when/if you get a chance that is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71954&page=110#1096