Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- sbentin - 2011-05-10

orivar Wrote:I can try to find a git client for windows (last time I checked that simply meant cygwin) but if an e-mail's ok it would be a lot simpler...

There is a git plugin for eclipse you can try

- orivar - 2011-05-11

amet Wrote:it would be a lot simpler.. for you Smile

git is easy, and makes updating the services much easier.

I installed a "windows client" (MinGW based instead of cygwin - they're not fooling anyone) and I'm now learning to connect to the remote repo on github. I'll upload the changes and request a pull... evantually.
I really wish the website would simply support file upload. You can do everything else on it and you don't need to install anything if you just wanna make a quick change on some random machine.

I do have another question though: do you want to add the service to the list (gui and options) or should I?

Edit: I think I figured it out, pull requested. I can't seem to figure out how to update my forked repo with your changes though. Mind telling me how to do it?
Edit 2: Well that wasn't simple at all. Updated my repo successfully. Let me know if you want me to add the service to the list.

Undertexter.se and swesub. - WarCrap - 2011-05-13

Hello

Just installed the xbmc subtitles. Works fine just one problem.
When i try to search subtitles from the sites "undertexter and swesub" it just says "no subtitles found". But other sites like subscene for example works just fine. Any solutions?

Thanks

- amet - 2011-05-13

Maybe there is no subs? Post the log and we can see if there is an error or not

- mr_blobby - 2011-05-13

WarCrap Wrote:Hello

Just installed the xbmc subtitles. Works fine just one problem.
When i try to search subtitles from the sites "undertexter and swesub" it just says "no subtitles found". But other sites like subscene for example works just fine. Any solutions?

Thanks
They've completely redesigned the site, so I will need to completely rewrite the script. Sad
Maybe I will find time for it this weekend, maybe not ....

- User 89733 - 2011-05-13

This morning I tried to download subtitles of The.Office.S07E24.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[VTV].avi. It found no subtitles and it crashed like 5 seconds after. It showed an error message but unfortunately I can't remember it.

I reproduced the bug twice. But I am unable to reproduce it now. I just tried to do the same, but it automatically downloaded and loaded a subtitle and it works fine. I guess that the crash is related to the fact that there was no subtitles available when I tried.

I am using the ppa on Ubuntu 11.04 for xbmc-pvr, here is the log: http://pastebin.com/LrzdWmGF

- WarCrap - 2011-05-13

mr_blobby Wrote:They've completely redesigned the site, so I will need to completely rewrite the script. Sad
Maybe I will find time for it this weekend, maybe not ....

Ahh ok. So it is normal if i cant get undertexter and swesub to work then? Wink
If you find time to fix it, that whould be very appreciated. Good luck Smile

- pontare001 - 2011-05-16

WarCrap Wrote:Ahh ok. So it is normal if i cant get undertexter and swesub to work then? Wink
If you find time to fix it, that whould be very appreciated. Good luck Smile
Indeed very appreciated !! Nod

- mr_blobby - 2011-05-16

I've fixed Undertexter and Swesub and they will be included in the new version when Amet has updated the official repository.

- amet - 2011-05-16

[script.xbmc.subtitles] - v2.4.8 - Dharma
[script.xbmc.subtitles] - v2.9.5 - Eden-pre

Quote:- added: Subscenter.org service, thanks Ori Varon
- added: Asia-Team.net thx to Fran CM
- fixed: Undertexter and Swesub

- WarCrap - 2011-05-17

Thanks for the good work guys. Works like a charm Big Grin

- wimpy - 2011-05-17

Hi!

Is there a way to set a keyboard button to run this script while watching a movie without having to bring up the OSD menu? Would be nice to use in conjuction with the "download first sync subtitle" option. One keypress, autodownload (if found) and voila.

Any tips?

- amet - 2011-05-17

wimpy Wrote:Hi!

Is there a way to set a keyboard button to run this script while watching a movie without having to bring up the OSD menu? Would be nice to use in conjuction with the "download first sync subtitle" option. One keypress, autodownload (if found) and voila.

Any tips?

Search the forum on how to edit the keyboard.xml, you map "RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)" to a button/key

- wimpy - 2011-05-17

amet Wrote:Search the forum on how to edit the keyboard.xml, you map "RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)" to a button/key

Had a look yesterday, but didn't look good enough so didn't find that RunScript bit.. Thanks!

- pontare001 - 2011-05-17

mr_blobby Wrote:I've fixed Undertexter and Swesub and they will be included in the new version when Amet has updated the official repository.

Thanks!
Much appreciated ! Big Grin