Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- MaDDoGo - 2011-09-29

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Sure, though I should say it probably won't lend itself well to sharing since it's all hardcoded to my preferences, favourites, plugins etc, as you can see from the screenshots. It's a template that could be re-hacked, of course.

Image Image Image Image Image

Wow, I can only say :O That work is awesome, I really like this. Nice work.

- brooo - 2011-09-30

How in the HELL do I "browse video files" and "add new video sources"? This is one of the very few problems I can actually point out.

At the moment the only way for me to add new video sources/content is to change to a different skin. Am I doing it wrong?

- brooo - 2011-09-30

Also, amazing skin. I love this.

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-30

make sure in the skin settings that videos is turned on for the main page. then click on "videos" from the home screen, and from there you can add source.

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-30

Jeroen Wrote:Are there that many tv shows with missing season posters? In that case I would say, submit a season poster to thetvdb.

unfortunately i find that most do not have season posters. Sad many of the ones that do are poorly photoshopped ones created by people who lack graphic design skills. typically only shows with seasons that have been released on dvd have season posters.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-30

wolfbiker Wrote:unfortunately i find that most do not have season posters. Sad many of the ones that do are poorly photoshopped ones created by people who lack graphic design skills. typically only shows with seasons that have been released on dvd have season posters.

I'll keep it in mind, if new opportunities for this arise I'll see what I can do. For the moment don't hold your breath though.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-30

Hey everyone, just a heads up on some things.

I will be releasing a new stable build (reFocus 0.9.3) sometime this weekend. It will be made available as a download on the google code page and it will also be the first update to be released through the repository (get the add-on here if you haven't already).

The first part of the eagerly awaited skin variables have been pushed to XBMC's mainline today. Since that will have a big impact on reFocus' code, this seems to be a good time to release a new official build before shaking stuff up again.

Warning: If you plan to keep updating reFocus from git, you are going to need to update your XBMC to the september 30th nightly or up. If you don't upgrade XBMC but do update reFocus from git in the coming days, it's going to be messed up.

As I work on implementing skin variables, git builds are going to break stuff on a regular basis again, so I don't recommend updating from git if your install is for daily use.

You have been warned Wink

- brooo - 2011-09-30

wolfbiker Wrote:make sure in the skin settings that videos is turned on for the main page. then click on "videos" from the home screen, and from there you can add source.

Doesnt fix it for me.

- Jeroen - 2011-10-01

Also make sure "don't use submenus" is not enabled.
Then if you select videos, there will be a "browse" entry in the submenu that appears.
If that doesn't solve it for you, you really need to provide more info about what you're doing because adding sources is working just fine.

edit: also, pressing back several times when in the library will bring you to the main node where the files entry will be

- voochi - 2011-10-01

Would it be possible to customise the shutdown options?

I use OpenElec so most of the options like minimize, quit, logoff, don't apply to me. My family use my HTPC and they never know which option to select (they are dumb! lol) and so they end up crashing it by selecting options that do nothing on OpenElec.

If I could deselect them in the settings it would be great. All I need is sleep, shutdown and reboot.

- Jeroen - 2011-10-01

voochi Wrote:Would it be possible to customise the shutdown options?

I use OpenElec so most of the options like minimize, quit, logoff, don't apply to me. My family use my HTPC and they never know which option to select (they are dumb! lol) and so they end up crashing it by selecting options that do nothing on OpenElec.

If I could deselect them in the settings it would be great. All I need is sleep, shutdown and reboot.

As I understand it, only those shutdown entries that are available on the hardware should be displayed. But I'll take a look at this later.

- Jeroen - 2011-10-01

Coincidentally coinciding with XBMC, reFocus is now in a feature freeze in preparation for the Eden final.

- brooo - 2011-10-01

brooo Wrote:How in the HELL do I "browse video files" and "add new video sources"? This is one of the very few problems I can actually point out.

At the moment the only way for me to add new video sources/content is to change to a different skin. Am I doing it wrong?

I see why. This is for Nightly. *facepalm

reFocus 0.9.3 released - Jeroen - 2011-10-01

Again later than planned, I can present you reFocus 0.9.3. Please see the build log for a partial changelog.

IMPORTANT Current development of reFocus is done on and for pre-Eden (nightly) XBMC builds only. It is not recommended to run reFocus 0.9.3 and up on Dharma (10.1). Please do not report issues encountered using reFocus on XBMC 10.1 or lower. Dharma users are advised to use the compatible reFocus 0.8.9.6

KNOWN ISSUES
- Apart from Dutch and Spanish, translations are very outdated. Displayed text may not indicate true meaning.
- This release uses .xpr compressed textures, instead of .xbt because of problems compiling. Should not cause any problems though.

Nightly builds of XBMC can be downloaded here

Please note that PVR support is to be considered experimental. Aside from fixing a couple of serious bugs, it has not seen major changes since 0.9 was initially released. You are welcome to report PVR related bugs in this thread but it may take a while for them to be adressed.

Special thanks go out to Sranshaft for valuable pre-release testing.

DOWNLOAD
Download current version (0.9.3) here
Or install my repository add-on to receive updates automatically through XBMC.

- bandelguy - 2011-10-01

any support for artist logos , cdart? i wish to know whether the git version same as 0.9.3 as i want the record logos and studio logos separately.