Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Metalz64 - 2012-01-20

Hi Deanmv

You mentioned in post #2093 that you had made some various customizations the one which I have been struggling with has been:

"Made all the home menu items (e.g. Movies, TV, Live TV, (apart from 1)) skip a level and go straight back to home screen when you press menu"

I understand that the owner of the skin has outright said he will not make this change and that you may be hesitant to upload your custom skin but would you be able to explain how you did this.

As an example I changed <!--addons--> <item id="13"> in the homemenu.xml to:

<item id="13">
<label>programs</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(programs,addons, return)</onclick>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(addonsmenu.programs)</visible>
</item>

And this worked, when I hit menu (atv2) it takes me back to the home screen exactly what I wanted...applying this same logic to the top menu item on the home screen...in this case "videos" I made the following change:

<!--Online-->
<item id="1">
<label>Online</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,Addons)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(videomenu.addons)</visible>
</item>

Although I can get the name change to show up and it does take me to the video addons directory as expected. When hitting the menu button it forces me to back out of the standard 2 additional menusHuh

Regardless If I have read your post correctly you have figured out a way around this could you please share how this was done or even possibly sharing your build...either would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

~Metal~

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-20

Hey,

When's the next lush to the repo, all these fixes look good Smile

- deanmv - 2012-01-20

Hey,

for your second one I would try:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, Addons, return)</onclick>

which should do it. It is the "Return" that functions it, so when you go back a menu, it then "returns" back a level again to your home screen.

- Metalz64 - 2012-01-20

YOU ARE THE MAN

Thank you so much....if your still willing to share your build tho Smile Thanks again!!!

- Jeroen - 2012-01-21

smush420 Wrote:Two things I can't seem to get to work are the tv guide which is enabled but doesn't show up in the sub menu, as well as the trailers option under movies in the customize home section being grayed out. Is there something I'm missing to enable it? I have The trailers plugin already.
I forgot to adjust the home menu customization dialog to the new trailers add-on. Fix is on git. If you're not using a git version, then the home menu will not work with the new trailers add-on as it expects the amt add-on.
There's a bug in 0.9.5 where selecting TV Guide in the home menu customization dialog actually disables it instead of enabling.

Quote:Would it be possible to include IMDB rating as an option as opposed to the stars? I know other skins have implemented this feature.
If you mean using a numeric rating, I have no plans to change this atm.

- smush420 - 2012-01-21

Jeroen Wrote:I forgot to adjust the home menu customization dialog to the new trailers add-on. Fix is on git. If you're not using a git version, then the home menu will not work with the new trailers add-on as it expects the amt add-on.
There's a bug in 0.9.5 where selecting TV Guide in the home menu customization dialog actually disables it instead of enabling.

If you mean using a numeric rating, I have no plans to change this atm.

Thanks for the info. I'm not using a git version so I'll just wait for the next stable release.

- nsviper - 2012-01-21

Just wanted to say, running Eden Beta 2 here and the reFocus skin on my Apple TV's is ultra smooth and fast - fantastic work Smile

- shadylog - 2012-01-22

I found a bug with your latest bleeding edge git version. I cloned the latest, ran Texturepacker again.

But now every video plays with the info dialog on. If i press info the time/finishtime shows up in the upper right corner, but the info dialog stays on..

The info dialog itself has no background and seems like the old classic info dialog.

Pressing the menu button gives the menu dialog and removes the info dialog yay, but it comes right back again when menu dialog is gone..

Any way to fix this jeroen?

- gjlp - 2012-01-22

canadave Wrote:It should work with TV Tunes (at least it did, when I had TV Tunes a couple months ago, I've since deleted it).

There is no setting in ReFocus to enable TV Tunes as there is in other skins so it doesn't appear it supports TV Tunes Sad

- aoaaron - 2012-01-22

0.95 on xbmc 10.x pre eden doesnt work. is this intentional?

- Jeroen - 2012-01-22

aoaaron Wrote:0.95 on xbmc 10.x pre eden doesnt work. is this intentional?

It does work on Eden, hence the thread title. XBMC 10.x is Dharma.

- aoaaron - 2012-01-22

when i install it, it shows $ signs and shit like that and no files viewed.

this is installed from the repo. why is this happening?

also how do i go to the file viewer on refocus? thanks

- Jeroen - 2012-01-22

You're using it on Dharma. This skin is built for Eden, that's why it's happening. please read the first post.

- username145 - 2012-01-22

Fantastic skin Jeroen, new favourite

Was wondering how to get this view type (and that kind of fan art I suppose) in the hulu addon? All I see is list view and I think poster, with varying amounts of aspect ratio violations :p

Link to the screenshot in question: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=826284&postcount=5

Cheers! Smile

- aoaaron - 2012-01-22

got it, thank you. is it possible to install xbmc eden and still have the old xbmc too?

also on 0.91 is there a way to get a file viewer for videos? is it available on the new one?

i thought pre-eden meant before eden