Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2010-08-26

Galefury Wrote:I will not use amt as long as amt lite is working. But amt skin aside, it looks you are ready to hit us with another release. Big Grin
Not yet. But soon Wink

Ayla Wrote:Jeroen,

Could you make it an option to remove (hide) the menu items you don't need?

For example, I never use Pictures or Music, so I would like to "clean up" the menu a bit Smile

PS. If AMT Lite works, then you shouldn't waste time with AMT Full, IMO.

The menu is supposed to hide for instance Music when you have no music in your library. The same goes for video. I don't think I have it set up for pictures yet. Admittedly I don't think I have really tested this before, so it might not work at the moment. If or once this is set up properly I don't feel there's a need for skin settings for this.

EDIT: on second thought, This is only set up for the submenus. So for instance if you don't have tv shows in your library it won't display the entries associated with tvshows or episodes. The main menu video entry would still be there to access video files. Otherwise you wouldn't have any way to add tv shows to the library to begin with Wink So, I guess skin settings for this would be useful. It's not high priority though, but I have added it to the to-do list.

Sranshaft Wrote:Here's just an idea I had floating around in regards to the info screen. I'll see if I can upload the necessary files in a separate thread; but, I thought it might offer Jeroen some ideas as I remember him saying he was still trying to find a better way to do the cast / plot.

I really liked the way Jeroen did the settings windows and wanted to incorporate that into more of the skin. The menu also takes into account 'kiosk mode' which was something that was brought up before.

Anyway, here are some pictures to get an idea of what I had in mind. It's fully coded and ready to go in Jeroen would like to use it.

*I apologize in advance for the off-topic post.

I like the look of it, but I also like the nice big poster that is there currently. There would be no way to get that in there without making it either very small or make everything feel very cramped together.

Plus, I feel there's a difference between the settings screen and the side menu here. The side menu functions similarly to the menus in the library (buttons for certain functions), while in the settings and system info screens the menu is for switching sections without clicking, they function more as tabs instead of buttons. Admittedly I violate my own logic in the playlist editor window, but it was simply the best option there.

I have already made changes to the cast list to solve the overlapping issues, so in 0.8.9 it looks pretty much like in your mod, aside from the side menu. It was meant to be like that from the start but I ran into some issues and didn't feel like working on it for some time.

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-27

Jeroen Wrote:I like the look of it, but I also like the nice big poster that is there currently. There would be no way to get that in there without making it either very small or make everything feel very cramped together.

I like the poster as well but feel it's a bit redundant moving from the selection screen to the information screen. To me, the information screen for all the information not readily available in the selection screen.

Jeroen Wrote:Plus, I feel there's a difference between the settings screen and the side menu here. The side menu functions similarly to the menus in the library (buttons for certain functions), while in the settings and system info screens the menu is for switching sections without clicking, they function more as tabs instead of buttons. Admittedly I violate my own logic in the playlist editor window, but it was simply the best option there.

While I agree with you, there is still a matter of prompting the user to find the menu. At the moment, the user has to guess there's a menu available and how to get there. That was the first thing my wife asked me when she used it.

These are, of course, my personal opinions. Take it all with a grain of salt. Either way, this is a great skin and looking forward to see what you have planned next. Nod

- Jeroen - 2010-08-28

Sranshaft Wrote:I like the poster as well but feel it's a bit redundant moving from the selection screen to the information screen. To me, the information screen for all the information not readily available in the selection screen.
Strictly, yes you're right. But the goal to me really is about finding the right balance between looks and functionality. Having the poster at a big size in the info dialog also allows to get a look at the quality of the poster once you selected one. I don't feel that I am really sacrificing functionality that way.

However:

Quote:While I agree with you, there is still a matter of prompting the user to find the menu. At the moment, the user has to guess there's a menu available and how to get there. That was the first thing my wife asked me when she used it.
That is totally true. I am planning to do something about this, probably by having some sort of on screen indication of how to get to the menu. I just haven't really found the right form/way to go about it yet.

A menu that is always on screen will always be more clear, but this is where I really let the compromise fall in favor of using the screen real estate for the actual media (mainly talking about the library here) as I think that is what matters the most and where people spend most of their time navigating through, rather than adjusting settings.

Quote:These are, of course, my personal opinions. Take it all with a grain of salt. Either way, this is a great skin and looking forward to see what you have planned next. Nod
Sure, I welcome the constructive feedback Smile

reFocus 0.8.8 - Jeroen - 2010-08-29

reFocus 0.8.8 is available, see the first post for details.

Download

Greetings,
Jeroen

- Galefury - 2010-08-29

Cheers, Jeroen. Downloading and testing. Big Grin

- Ayla - 2010-08-29

Thanks Jeroen, will test later! Smile

For unicode support, especially for CJK - epoke - 2010-08-30

@Jeroen
I like your nice skin. Thanks.

You are using special character middle dot(bullet) in some skin xml files.
This may cause problem on non-latin character environment like CJK.
Unless xml files are encoded as unicode, texts would not be displayed correctly.

In recent changeset, arial.ttf have changed to full range unicode support version.
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/33254
So I'm using Arial fontset for Korean character support.
Of course, I know this font does not fit in your design intention, but I can see Korean character.

Please see these screenshots.

<original>

<xml saved as utf-8>

More.

<original>

<xml saved as utf-8>

Could you encode some xml files included middle dot as UTF-8 or replace to other solutions?

Here are my mod files. (skin version 0.8.8)

Arial fontset for font.xml -> Font.xml

Korean localisation strings.xml -> strings.xml

Zipped xml files encoded as UTF-8 -> zip files (7 xml files included)

I did not change any xml files except font.xml, just only saved as UTF-8.

- MeqTrader - 2010-08-30

/cheer

thanks for changing the BigList episode view so the GF can understand it again

big big thanks

- dev_don - 2010-08-30

lovelty skin, best out there so far...even better than Elipsis and Xperience in my opinion

But it has one major bug....when i try to go into certain TV shows in the library it crashes XBMC

Ive tried with 10 other current skins but they are fine...not sure what is wrong/

Ive been using v. 0.8.7 & 0.8.8

so they both have the same issue

- Jeroen - 2010-08-30

epoke Wrote:@Jeroen
Thank you for the localization and heads up, I'll look into it, cheers Smile

dev_don Wrote:lovelty skin, best out there so far...even better than Elipsis and Xperience in my opinion

But it has one major bug....when i try to go into certain TV shows in the library it crashes XBMC

Ive tried with 10 other current skins but they are fine...not sure what is wrong/

Ive been using v. 0.8.7 & 0.8.8

so they both have the same issue

You are probably running a Camelot era build? I have not experienced any crashes. Best is to post a debug log in the dev section as I can't imagine the crashing is caused by the skin. If you are running an older XBMC build it is because reFocus is hitting parts of XBMC that have changed in the Dharma builds, which is what reFocus is built on and for.

- sojer2005 - 2010-08-30

Hi,
while fast scrolling through library (for eg. tv shows -> episodes) I get some wired random numbers or letters appearing on the left-upper side of the screen .... I think its some kind of bug ....

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-31

One quick bug I've noticed. In the Movie Information Screen the poster is missing the drop shadow.

sojer2005 Wrote:Hi,
while fast scrolling through library (for eg. tv shows -> episodes) I get some wired random numbers or letters appearing on the left-upper side of the screen .... I think its some kind of bug ....

That's the fast scrolling letter. It indicates where the user is when quickly scrolling through lists. While it's not a bug in regards to reFocus, I've noticed it doesn't update as quickly or as smoothly as one would hope. This is more of a XBMC problem and nothing to do with the skin.

- Jeroen - 2010-08-31

Sranshaft Wrote:One quick bug I've noticed. In the Movie Information Screen the poster is missing the drop shadow.
Fixed, cheers

- tungmeister - 2010-08-31

Quick bug i've noticed - the add-on update notification overlaps the scanning dialogue.

- Jeroen - 2010-08-31

tungmeister Wrote:Quick bug i've noticed - the add-on update notification overlaps the scanning dialogue.
Cheers, fixed that one too.