Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- supertom44 - 2011-01-10

All I was looking at doing was adding support for the extrafanart folder for tv shows. But couldn't find exactly where the fanart images are displayed.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-10

supertom44 Wrote:All I was looking at doing was adding support for the extrafanart folder for tv shows. But couldn't find exactly where the fanart images are displayed.

Ok, includes.xml is the file you'll want to look into, around line 718

- supertom44 - 2011-01-11

Many thanks, hopefully Ill get to play around with it later.

My plan is to mess around a little with a few skins over the next couple of months then attempt a proper mod of one.

I know a couple months may sound a lot but very little free time to do it at the moment.

Edit: Done it, cheers for the tip I got there in the end, also decreased the fade on it.

- mortstar - 2011-01-11

Jeroen Wrote:...
I'll give you a sneak peek of the PVR though

Now, this is early and it won't be completely purple like that! Wink

The programs are colored based on the genre/category of the show, but I guess my tuner isn't fancy enough to pull in the genre information or something so everything shows up the same color.

Looking very nice. It reminds me very much of Maya for MediaPortal which I was using until September of last year. I'm trying to find some screenshots of the TV Guide for you because one thing that MediaPortal can teach XBMC is PVR skinning, as it is a mature part of the software in MediaPortal.

I don't know if it is a limitation of XBMC but it's really useful to actually limit the number of channels shown (so that it doesn't turn in to a wall of information) and instead show other relevant information such as programme synopsis for the currently selected show, programme credits (if available from the EPG source), genre etc.

Note: In updates I have seen a much nicer 'time marker' rather than the two green arrows - is a time marker possible in XBMC?

- DuMbGuM - 2011-01-12

DuMbGuM Wrote:I've been having a problem not sure if it's been mentioned but it hasn't been fixed in the updates.

From the ReFocus settings menu, if I go to 'homescreen' I can then set a custom slideshow.

Problem is, if I select a couple of 1920x1080 .jpgs and return to the homescreen, sometimes it shows a crossfade effect between changing images, but some random times it just cuts straight to the next image without a fade.

Is there a way to fix this? I tried using .bmp images too to see if there was any difference. It seems to happen with the regular fanart slideshow too.

I tried playing with it's settings in IncludesAnimations.xml but the changes I made didn't fix it, really annoying!

Any possible solution for this please? :o

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-12

DuMbGuM Wrote:Any possible solution for this please? :o

Try resizing your images in the database folder to 720p. I whipped u a quick program to do it for me and it's working fine now. I can even quickly browse with fanart on without any lag.

- epoke - 2011-01-14

tungmeister Wrote:The bug with the audio options dialogue seems to be caused by using audio pass through. At a guess I'd say the issue is because the dialogue tries to focus on the volume control which is disabled when using pass through resulting in nothing in the dialogue being focused.

I modified VideoOSDSettings.xml in the skin's 720p folder like this.

Code:
<window id="123">
    <defaultcontrol>[color=red]5[/color]</defaultcontrol>
    <include>dialogOpen</include>
Works fine now.

- BigDaddyRal - 2011-01-14

Hi Jeroen,

First off, this skin is the single most beautiful, crisp, clean skin for XBMC and I love it. I have some requests, like everyone else, and hope some of them may make it into the next build:

As me, my girlfriend, and various friends use the system and not all are as savvy as me, I'd really like an updated Video Info page. I love this:

Sranshaft Wrote:Image

But would like to see the poster with it, like this:

IamLegend Wrote:Image

I'd also really love to see library totals. Any implementation would be good but this version ain't bad:

mstef Wrote:Image

On a number of the views including the following one and the full screen fanart view with the grey plot bar at the bottom, I would love to have the poster:

HDV2 Wrote:Image

I also love these alternate homescreens:

IamLegend Wrote:Image

Jeroen Wrote:Image

Finally, the four most important to me:

1) I really, really, want the ability to add at least 3 custom links to the front page so I can have direct links to XBMCFlix add-on, PowerDVD (launcher favorite), and Google Chrome (launcher favorite).

2) The ability to assign a single fanart image to each homescreen menu item.

3) Something akin to "Press down to view Trailer" on the various movie views.

4) Implementation of the Next Aired add-on inside of the TV views that show when the next episode will air (Like the Paper Street Soap Company skin is planning:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=684944&postcount=302).

I don't know how much work this is or how much scripting is necessary, but it would be awesome.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded list but I hope some of this can make it into the next build.

Again, you rock. Love this skin and appreciate your hard work.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-14

mortstar Wrote:I don't know if it is a limitation of XBMC but it's really useful to actually limit the number of channels shown (so that it doesn't turn in to a wall of information) and instead show other relevant information such as programme synopsis for the currently selected show, programme credits (if available from the EPG source), genre etc.
It's not a limitation of XBMC as far as I know, and I do intend to put program information in there. It's just that anything I add besides the program title hangs XBMC for me. I might have to look into updating my XBMC build first.

Quote:Note: In updates I have seen a much nicer 'time marker' rather than the two green arrows - is a time marker possible in XBMC?
I don't think so but I'm not completely sure.

BigDaddyRal Wrote:As me, my girlfriend, and various friends use the system and not all are as savvy as me, I'd really like an updated Video Info page. I love this:

But would like to see the poster with it, like this:
At some point there will be some changes to the video info screen, but it won't be too drastic (thinking about moving some of the menu functionality into the main screen area). I'd like to keep the poster it's current size though so the menu will probably stay where it is.

Quote:I'd also really love to see library totals. Any implementation would be good but this version ain't bad:
Library totals will be added at some point.

Quote:On a number of the views including the following one and the full screen fanart view with the grey plot bar at the bottom, I would love to have the poster:
Don't think that's going to happen, sorry. I'm not too crazy about filling up the screen with multiple image types, which is why I made the option to switch between them through the alternate viewtypes.

Quote:I also love these alternate homescreens:
Some sort of alternate homescreen will be added somewhere along the 0.9 series. It's put on hold at the moment as I want to concentrate on getting the PVR done first.

Quote:Finally, the four most important to me:

1) I really, really, want the ability to add at least 3 custom links to the front page so I can have direct links to XBMCFlix add-on, PowerDVD (launcher favorite), and Google Chrome (launcher favorite).
Something like this may be added, but probably on an alternate homescreen only.

Quote:2) The ability to assign a single fanart image to each homescreen menu item.

3) Something akin to "Press down to view Trailer" on the various movie views.
Both not likely, sorry.

Quote:4) Implementation of the Next Aired add-on inside of the TV views that show when the next episode will air (Like the Paper Street Soap Company skin is planning:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=684944&postcount=302).
I haven't looked into what is needed for something like that, but if that's possible then I'm definitely interested in adding it.

Quote:Again, you rock. Love this skin and appreciate your hard work.
No problem, thanks for the kind words Smile

- retro11 - 2011-01-14

Jeroen Wrote:It's not a limitation of XBMC as far as I know, and I do intend to put program information in there. It's just that anything I add besides the program title hangs XBMC for me. I might have to look into updating my XBMC build first.

You might want to check out Jezz_x's latest change to his slik skin which has info and a timeline http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85831&page=5&highlight=slik+pvr

Looking forward to the next release.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-14

thanks retro11, I spotted the problem shortly after posting (of course), it's working fine now

- DuMbGuM - 2011-01-15

Sranshaft Wrote:Try resizing your images in the database folder to 720p. I whipped u a quick program to do it for me and it's working fine now. I can even quickly browse with fanart on without any lag.

Thanks this works, shame there's no smooth way to view the slideshow at 1080.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-15

DuMbGuM Wrote:Thanks this works, shame there's no smooth way to view the slideshow at 1080.

Well there is. It just all depends on your GPU. Any of the newer ATI 5000 series and Nvidia 200 series should be fine...like a 5750 or a 240.

@jereon: Here's something you may need to look into that I only noticed while tracking down another problem I've been having. I keep getting warnings in my debug log.

Code:
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: view_ListPrograms
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: view_ThumbList
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: view_ListPrograms
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: view_ThumbList
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: videoLibPageLabels
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: amtIgnore
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: fade_Busy
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: amtAllow
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: focus_PosterSlideOverlay
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: Heading
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: typeFlag
10:40:14 T:872 M:996069376 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: Heading

- Jeroen - 2011-01-15

I wouldn't worry about it. Those are just references to includes that have been removed at some point. I'll have to do some code cleaning for those to go away, but they won't cause any problems.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-15

Jeroen Wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. Those are just references to includes that have been removed at some point. I'll have to do some code cleaning for those to go away, but they won't cause any problems.

Nah, I wasn't too worried about it and you're right, it's not effecting anything. Just thought I'd put it out there in case you were looking to do some code cleanup before the big 0.9 push. Big Grin