Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-24

(2013-05-23, 07:54)Lunatixz Wrote: can't get cdart addon to start... log snippet below

01:47:32 T:3820 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 191 strings from file x:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\language\English\strings.po
01:47:32 T:3820 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name auto_download
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "x:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.cdartmanager\default.py", line 98, in <module>
from download import auto_download
ImportError: cannot import name auto_download
-->End of Python script error report<--

First uninstall the addon, then reinstall it(via the Addon settings) then if you are still having problems please post a complete debug log to Pastebin/XBMC Logs

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - SpiderDice - 2013-05-25

I downloaded all of the artwork, but when I go to my Music, none of the artwork shows up.

Is there a specific path that I need to save the images in?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Gingerbread Man - 2013-05-26

I thought, probably incorrect fly, that I could set this add on off and before I knew it, I'd have a music folder which looked beautiful. I'm either doing something wrong or I've got the wrong end of the stick to how it all works.

If I go to my artists view from within XBMC, press 'C', artist information, then up or left to get to the sub option menu, I can tell it to find a thumb nail or artist image. Both seem to come up with results like they are already stored on the PC due to something I've obviously done right previously!

Now can I tell it to use this information and to auto populate my music select with images ahoy or is it all a manual selection task, which taking in mind the amount of music I have, isn't a 5 minute job.

I've gone in the CDart Manager options and have rebuilt databases and scanned automatically, but all to no avail as far as I can tell.
I've also a few scanners, but I guess this add on works better than them.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, as the art work seems to be present behind the scenes, then the wise words would be much appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-26, 22:58)Gingerbread Man Wrote: I thought, probably incorrect fly, that I could set this add on off and before I knew it, I'd have a music folder which looked beautiful. I'm either doing something wrong or I've got the wrong end of the stick to how it all works.

If I go to my artists view from within XBMC, press 'C', artist information, then up or left to get to the sub option menu, I can tell it to find a thumb nail or artist image. Both seem to come up with results like they are already stored on the PC due to something I've obviously done right previously!

Now can I tell it to use this information and to auto populate my music select with images ahoy or is it all a manual selection task, which taking in mind the amount of music I have, isn't a 5 minute job.

I've gone in the CDart Manager options and have rebuilt databases and scanned automatically, but all to no avail as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, as the art work seems to be present behind the scenes, then the wise words would be much appreciated.

The main problem is that music artwork kind of got the 'shaft' in Frodo. There is not a method for the script to add to the database through XBMC(Videos have excellent access, nothing for music.) In Eden, it was possible to re-write the Thumbnails, but not so in Frodo. I hope this gets fixed soon in the Development version(Gotham Alpha).

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Gingerbread Man - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-27, 03:59)giftie Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 22:58)Gingerbread Man Wrote: I thought, probably incorrect fly, that I couldcerta ais add on off and before I knew it, I'd have a music folder which looked beautiful. I'm either doing something wrong or I've got the wrong end of the stick to how it all works.

The main problem is that music artwork kind of got the 'shaft' in Frodo. There is not a method for the script to add to the database through XBMC(Videos have excellent access, nothing for music.) In Eden, it was possible to re-write the Thumbnails, but not so in Frodo. I hope this gets fixed soon in the Development version(Gotham Alpha).

Ahh, so it should work as I first thought, but an incompatibility is stopping it doing its thing?

I can manually add them all as the finding of the artwork aspect works, but the script to tie it all together isn't.

If the CDart has downloaded to a certain folder, could I then point one of the music scrapers at it to implement it? I'm guessing that it doesn't work like that.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mogodon - 2013-05-28

(2013-05-21, 03:50)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: Does anyone know why my clear logos don't show in Aeon Nox using Frodo 12.2? I selected show logo instead of title, and have also downloaded clear logo's to my artists folder. Also, when I select background customizer to show extra fan art, that isn't working either.

Did you work this out?

I'm also running Frodo 12.2 with Aeon Nox as the skin and it won't display the clear logos when selected. It also says extra-fanart is not supported natively in XBMC but I'm not sure if it's always said that.

The logos are downloaded and I can see them in CDArt Manager.

I guess that there's an issue with Aeon Nox.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - SpiderDice - 2013-05-28

(2013-05-28, 20:21)mogodon Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 03:50)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: Does anyone know why my clear logos don't show in Aeon Nox using Frodo 12.2? I selected show logo instead of title, and have also downloaded clear logo's to my artists folder. Also, when I select background customizer to show extra fan art, that isn't working either.

Did you work this out?

I'm also running Frodo 12.2 with Aeon Nox as the skin and it won't display the clear logos when selected. It also says extra-fanart is not supported natively in XBMC but I'm not sure if it's always said that.

I have the same exact problem. I have downloaded tons of artwork, but hardly any of it shows up when I am viewing my library of music.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Lunatixz - 2013-05-28

(2013-05-24, 15:31)giftie Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 07:54)Lunatixz Wrote: can't get cdart addon to start... log snippet below

01:47:32 T:3820 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 191 strings from file x:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\language\English\strings.po
01:47:32 T:3820 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "x:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.cdartmanager\default.py", line 98, in <module>

First uninstall the addon, then reinstall it(via the Addon settings) then if you are still having problems please post a complete debug log to Pastebin/XBMC Logs

Log posted - http://pastebin.com/WbLt41v5

Tired uninstalling/Reinstall no luck, I get the same error

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-28, 20:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 15:31)giftie Wrote:

Log posted - http://pastebin.com/WbLt41v5

Tired uninstalling/Reinstall no luck, I get the same error

I've tried to recreate the problem, I haven't been able to... Can you check the script.cdartmanager folder for a file in the resources\lib folder called download.py.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-29

Did you work this out?

(2013-05-28, 20:46)SpiderDice Wrote:

Did you work this out?

I have the same exact problem. I have downloaded tons of artwork, but hardly any of it shows up when I am viewing my library of music.

In Aeon Nox there are some settings that need to be set for things to work better. In Settings -> Skin you will see a category called Paths. Here you can set the path to the music library(ie the same path that you have set in cdART Manager's settings.) There is also settings for the CD wall and the structure of your music library.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mogodon - 2013-05-29

Yup that was it. In system / skin settings / paths, i just needed to add my cdart folder to "set path to music library..." and all my logos appearekd.

Thanks for that Giftie.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mogodon - 2013-05-29

I'm going to use Picard to update my MBIDs. Once done will I need to run a full XBMC library update or can I just refresh the CDArt database?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-30

You need to first update XBMCs music library then the scripts.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - NewYears1978 - 2013-05-31

I can't get this to work with Aeon MQ4..when I run the manager..I see menus but I cant move a cursor or do anything..

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-05-31

When I add albums or artists do I need to update the database or does a simply refresh take care of that?