Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Cinder - 2015-10-23

"Collect All" button is definitely #1 on my list.
After that more stability and speed, but being able to just press "Collect" and leave the script to work for 5-10 minutes would be awesome.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - wgstarks - 2015-10-23

I agree. Do it all button

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - kyungrak - 2015-10-23

Making it as a service would be nice. If you have a large music collection (50000 and more tracks), the first scan takes forever (I have to let it run at night).

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - AidenL - 2015-10-25

(2015-09-29, 16:03)gibxxi Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 20:29)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 18:14)gibxxi Wrote: Not familiar with MediaElch, does it download CD artwork (cdart.png) files? If not then there's one thing that cdART Manager does that you'll want to retain it for. cdART Manager has been around for quite a long time, so a lot of skins are already set up to make use of it if it's installed. To take advantage of that integration with another program / utility, said program has to create filenames / paths with exactly the same structure as cdART Manager would do, otherwise your going to need to rename a lot of files or manually point your selected skin to resources you have downloaded.

Most of the 3rd party media managers I've seen/used tend to bias Movies and TV. Music is a bit of a poor relation in comparison. I guess this is 'most' people's main area of focus for their media center.

Yep, MediaElch does indeed download cdart.png files, and multiple fanart files if they are available. Also MediaElch grabs the MusicBrainz info for the Artists, and their CD's, so it integrates well within Kodi.

The problem I'm seeing with Skin integration of cdART Manager, is they are using the old non-working version, so when you run it, it just sits there (sometimes for hours) not doing anything, but you never know that. Which why I ended up in this thread to see what's going on. Big Grin

The solution here would be to do what I did. Download and install stef.an's version, and manually extract it to your addons folder, then rename the addon folder itself to be exactly the same wording as the old one. Anything that references the addon by it's folder name will then work. With regards artwork, you just point your skin of choice to either your music library folder, or the separate, 'extended artwork' folder selected via cdART Manager's 'Path to Music Library' setting.

This is one of a few places in the addon that are worded badly IMHO. The 'Path to Music Library' setting/folder doesn't actually mean that at all. It's simply a folder where you wish to place any artwork downloaded by cdART Manager that is NOT either a folder.jpg or a cdart.png file. I like to keep my music folders clean as they are referenced by other programs, so I store the extended artwork in a seperate folder well away from the music. It's this folder I then specify in my skin of choice, for artwork. folder.jpgs and cdart.pngs ALWAYS reside with the music for obvious reasons, and this cannot be changed.

Where is the stefan version available to be downloaded from?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - stef.an - 2015-10-26

Look like fanart.tv's "old" V2 API is currently down. I think they'll fix that but currently the script is out of order. Maybe I'll have to switch to the V3 API first Sad
https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=398

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - meowmoo - 2015-10-26

gz on the license!

most importent from top to bottom :>

- create a "do it all at once" button
- create a service so I can continue using Kodi while the data is collected
- make it faster!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - stef.an - 2015-10-26

Just had a quick look at the new API... I hope they can fix it because switching would mean a complete rebuild as most of the logic relies on XML which has been dropped.
I won't get too technical here but if they don't fix and reactivate the old system this tool won't work for quite a long time...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Goliath2000 - 2015-10-26

@Stef.an oh this was really bad news Sad It means that cdArt Managers time is over!? Sad

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2015-10-27

While I think a complete re-write is the order of the day (The GUI is horrendous). A Do-it-all button would suffice to keep me happy for the time being though.

cdART Manager is a mod of a mod. It's been a stalwart addon in XBMC/Kodi for a good few years, but with Giftie having dropped off the face of the planet (Hope he is ok), the progression of features in Kodi, and of the metadata sites, and general 'issues' in cdART Manager, it could do with a complete overhaul.

I took a look at MediaElch, but it won't work with the way I have my media library set up, and it makes some automatic choices with regards TV show naming that cause problems for some shows, so this utility will not replace cdART Manager for me, at least not in the short-term.

Would eagerly await anything you can come up with stef.an.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - stef.an - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-26, 18:23)Goliath2000 Wrote: @Stef.an oh this was really bad news Sad It means that cdArt Managers time is over!? Sad

No, it's time definitely not over - i like it and use it frequently, so I'll keep on fixing it whenever I find the time.
I somehow like the forums here Smile Just because most people here understand that the developers have a real life and spend their spare time for this - believe me that's different in many other open source projects.
Reprogramming the core functions like scraping the artwork will simply take much longer than just add a button.
Maybe they'll manage to reactivate the API at fanart.tv. Maybe not. Maybe I'll find another programmer to help me. I'll go for it soon, so please be patient Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Freakfunk - 2015-10-29

Hi @all,

I am having issues with stef.an's updated cdART Manager Script. I made sure to uninstall the repo version, and even made sure that there were no folders other than script.cdartmanager - helix (going from memory may not be the exact folder name) in the addons folder.

When I launch cdartmanager, it shows the menu on the left, and if I click on anything nothing happens.

I can update the app database but that take forever and seemingly shows no benefit. Im not sure what im doing wrong. I am using Openelec 6 and the Aeon MQ 6 skin (Version 3) If anyone can offer advice it would be truly appreciated.

Here is my logfile.

Greetings from Germany
Freakfunk

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - martinconroy - 2015-10-29

(2015-10-29, 19:00)Freakfunk Wrote: I am having issues with stef.an's updated cdART Manager Script.

Have you read the last few posts? I don't think it's you, I think it's an API issue.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Freakfunk - 2015-10-29

(2015-10-29, 19:02)martinconroy Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 19:00)Freakfunk Wrote: I am having issues with stef.an's updated cdART Manager Script.

Have you read the last few posts? I don't think it's you, I think it's an API issue.

Damn it, of course i didn't read it...i'm sooo blind Confused. It realy could be the issue. Thanks man!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - martinconroy - 2015-10-30

Haha, NP

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - hansolo77 - 2015-11-01

New user here. I'm having trouble with this script. I'm trying to get my music collection properly organized. A big problem I had was the way Kodi sorted my music, so I'm actually going back and re-tagging everything. I then came across this script and would love to use it to get all the extra bits like artist backgrounds, etc. However, I'm having some trouble with the program.

Starting fresh, I've gone back and removed my network share's location from Kodi's Library. I then moved all my music to a temporary folder. Then I tagged 1 artist completely, and moved it to it's new permanent location. I then re-added the path into Kodi, and it added the albums to the library. I then loaded up the cdART Manager program and told it to update the database (because it presently showed 300 or so albums with 150 or so Artists from when I tried this earlier). Once it started, it went through and scraped all the info from the tags I had set in MusicBrainz. Then it appeared to lock up. I've had it sitting for over 2 hours and nothing new has happened. I'm not sure what to do next. I've tried to click the back button on my remote, and the escape key on my keyboard, but nothing works. I'm using the Aeon MQ6 skin, and the activity of the script shows in the top of the screen. Right now, all it shows is an empty bar (where it would show the % progress) and a title that says cdART Manager. Since I'm doing this one Artist at a time, the databases only have 5 cd's in them, so what's taking so long?

EDIT - Nevermind... I scrolled up and read a few of the last posts. Looks like my problem is because of the API too. Is there an alternative way to get the extra fancy bits?