Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-17, 09:41)kees667 Wrote: Are there any generic disc images to use for albums without disc art?

Skins that support cdARTs usually have a generic cdart in their /media folder, though most have the artwork stored in Textures.xbt. Also the following threat -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53242 might have a generic cdART image. It is 44 pages long, though it also is the first cdART thread as well...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - filthycatbox - 2012-06-18

Please help me out giftie, this is driving me nuts!
In library mode, I cannot get the artist thumbs to show up. On top of this, the fanart refuses to show up. It is selected in the viewtype settings within the page (Aeon Nox 3.0) and is present in the relevant folders.
Any advice please sir...?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-19

Wait a little bit.. Testing the next release, which will add the thumbnails to XBMC's Thumbnails directory. Which should solve your issue.

(2012-06-19, 04:01)David324 Wrote: i was happy to see the cd-art manager and would like to try it out, but now it says:

"Invalid or Deleted File" ImageImageImage

The latest version is on the Official repo(available from the Addons tab in XBMC)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-19, 04:03)giftie Wrote: The latest version is on the Official repo(available from the Addons tab in XBMC)
Please don´t get me wrong. I´m sure you are extremely busy these days and I think
we all are more than greatful for your fantastic addon that saves us all so much time
and makes xbmc look so pretty.
But I´m a little puzzled about this new version you are mentioning.
The first post here is referring to v2.6.3.
On the official repo is v2.6.5. the newest (11 days old) which seems to be the same
version as in your github page

Please take your time, just a friendly reminderNerd

(2012-06-19, 18:27)solidsatras Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 04:03)giftie Wrote: The latest version is on the Official repo(available from the Addons tab in XBMC)
Please don´t get me wrong. I´m sure you are extremely busy these days and I think
we all are more than greatful for your fantastic addon that saves us all so much time
and makes xbmc look so pretty.
But I´m a little puzzled about this new version you are mentioning.
The first post here is referring to v2.6.3.
On the official repo is v2.6.5. the newest (11 days old) which seems to be the same
version as in your github page

Please take your time, just a friendly reminderNerd

2.6.3 was the last test version. 2.6.4 and 2.6.5 both were sent to the official repo(2.6.4 had an error that quickly got fixed) I Don't always update GitHub with every change I do during testing, though I do locally.

There is now a new test version.. Smile

New test version(heh heh...) https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/script.cdartmanager/script.cdartmanager.2.6.6.zip

What's new and great?
Code:
- Fix - Make all single downloads to act the same
- Fix - Make sure not to close progress dialog when autodownloading fanarts
- Add - File that shows the missing artwork(missing.txt)
- Add - Selectable path for missing.txt file(in settings)
- remove - removed Unique cdart functions(pretty much useless)
- Fix/Add - copy artwork to thumbnail folder
- Add - Korean Language strings

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-06-20

I just tested v2.6.6.

Is the new feature
"Update XBMC Thumbnails and Fanarts"
supposed to close cdART Manager when selected?

And it looks like something tries to delete fanart.tv´s database Wink
Quote:ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file http://fanart.tv/fanart/music/eace2373-31c8-4aba-9a5c-7bce22dd140a/albumcover/73/the-silent-force-4dcb14c763460.jpg
Here is a pretty big log of me updating the database, running every automatic button and trying to update xbmc´s thumbnails at the end
xbmc log

I also tried to create missing.txt on the smb-share where my music is stored...resulted in a xbmc freeze.
Locally it works just fine. Maybe someone else can test this to make sure i´m not doing it wrong Cool

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ectholian - 2012-06-20

Don't know if this is XBMC or cdArt related, i guess cdart... but my xbmc log is spammed with messages like this:

09:13:49 T:140389691021056 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
09:13:54 T:140389461784320 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /media/datastore1/Music/Discography/Enej/Enej - 2008 - Ulice/cdart.png

those cdart.png images don't exist and i cant get them there Smile

Obviously, I am doing something wrong or missing something. Can anybody point me to the right direction?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - dkoh - 2012-06-20

I'm having a problem, but it might be caused by my large collection (one SMB share, album count: 10673).

I rebuild the database (deleting existing DB) and it goes through all it's scans. About 6 1/2 hours later it gets to the "Sorting Artists" progress box, scans a handfull of them, and then the screen goes black. The PC isn't unresponsive, I can still alt-tab out and hitting the power button shuts down properly, but since it's stuck in the CDart screen I can't do anything else in XBMC.

This has happened on 2.6.5 and the previous official repo. This did not happen on the repo before that (don't know the number, but any version without the MB and fanart.tv logos in the upper left worked fine).

Is this normal behavior for large collections? Is it still compiling artists in the background?

My log as I was leaving the house: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7AD8nJy3bGkYmdIbWhJbTc1RXc , screen is still black and the kids are getting impatient Wink

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 09:30)solidsatras Wrote: I just tested v2.6.6.

Is the new feature
"Update XBMC Thumbnails and Fanarts"
supposed to close cdART Manager when selected?

And it looks like something tries to delete fanart.tv´s database Wink
Quote:ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file http://fanart.tv/fanart/music/eace2373-31c8-4aba-9a5c-7bce22dd140a/albumcover/73/the-silent-force-4dcb14c763460.jpg
Here is a pretty big log of me updating the database, running every automatic button and trying to update xbmc´s thumbnails at the end
xbmc log

I also tried to create missing.txt on the smb-share where my music is stored...resulted in a xbmc freeze.
Locally it works just fine. Maybe someone else can test this to make sure i´m not doing it wrong Cool

That's just the script trying to delete an online artwork, since that what the database has as the path to the artwork(album cover in this instance) This is the script trying to keep the path with the best artwork. the script still replaces the actual thumbnail(that is stored in the userdata\Thumbnails\Music)

I should have thought someone might have wanted to save onto a SMB directory(and Eden) Will fix..

(2012-06-20, 10:22)Ectholian Wrote: Don't know if this is XBMC or cdArt related, i guess cdart... but my xbmc log is spammed with messages like this:

09:13:49 T:140389691021056 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
09:13:54 T:140389461784320 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /media/datastore1/Music/Discography/Enej/Enej - 2008 - Ulice/cdart.png

those cdart.png images don't exist and i cant get them there Smile

Obviously, I am doing something wrong or missing something. Can anybody point me to the right direction?

Yep, not an error with the script... It's the skin looking for the cdart, but XBMC can not find it(ie doesn't exist)

Why can you get them there? I see none exist on fanart.tv, so the best job to get them there is to create and submit them to fanart.tv.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-20, 17:53)system01 Wrote: I'm having a problem, but it might be caused by my large collection (one SMB share, album count: 10673).

I rebuild the database (deleting existing DB) and it goes through all it's scans. About 6 1/2 hours later it gets to the "Sorting Artists" progress box, scans a handfull of them, and then the screen goes black. The PC isn't unresponsive, I can still alt-tab out and hitting the power button shuts down properly, but since it's stuck in the CDart screen I can't do anything else in XBMC.

This has happened on 2.6.5 and the previous official repo. This did not happen on the repo before that (don't know the number, but any version without the MB and fanart.tv logos in the upper left worked fine).

Is this normal behavior for large collections? Is it still compiling artists in the background?

My log as I was leaving the house: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7AD8nJy3bGkYmdIbWhJbTc1RXc , screen is still black and the kids are getting impatient Wink

It will takes a while to do 10000 albums... but it actually made it all the way through the albums.. The point of failure(not sure if it is the script or XBMC) is when it check for artists(all your artists) which probably out numbers your albums.. The problem I think is actually there is an artist with a special character in the name that is causing the error(though no error actually shows up in the log)

I'm testing a fix for this and the above missing.txt on SMB problem and hope to have it up for testing tonight.

Also you don't need to delete the database when using the Update Database function, if you do, you might as well use the Rebuild Database option ast that is what your doing anyways.. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ectholian - 2012-06-21

Ah ok thanks, think i have to bother the skin then Smile
A have no cdart.png files in any directory of my music library. Obviously, I am not that familier yet with how everything goes but you pointed me in the good direction.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - filthycatbox - 2012-06-21

Is there any way to have the skin look in the music directory for the artist thumbs and fanart?
I have the cdarts in each music artists folder which show up great, but the other images seem to only be able to be displayed if they are in the userdata folder. This makes it difficult to add and delete images manually as they all have unrecognisable names.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-21

Are these files downloaded by cdART Manager, or placed in the folders by you? Version 2.6.6 forward, cdART Manager will copy/replace the files in the userdata/Thumbnails/Music folders. It will do this for every artwork downloaded and during an 'Update Thumbnail and Fanart'.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - filthycatbox - 2012-06-21

Well, both really. I can copy the images as you said, but still the skin will not read the files in this location right?
Currently, here is an example of my folder structure:

/ Music
// Artist
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
logo.png
// Album
folder.jpg
cdart.png

As I understand it, these images are not being read currently.
It would just make it a whole lot easier if the skin, script, whatever looked in the music folders themselves rather than the userdata folder. Especially in regards to smb shares.