Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - DigiTech - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-07, 04:03)giftie Wrote: It's hard to tell what is going on with out a debug log.

Is there a guide to help simplify how to use cdart manager, im mixed up with all the options, i only want to get the neccesary cdart nothing else, thanks for the assistance.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-07, 14:41)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 13:37)SavellM Wrote: Giftie, just want to report the latest link you did for OpenELEC is now working...
Thanks for that, really appreciate it.

Is there any chance you could maintain whatever fixes you did?
And maybe make a seperarte link on the OpeningPost regarding it.

OpenELEC just got fixed yesterday IIRC
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/8d0e504d54b49b6d708cd8e094cc843c5a4d7d53

Did OpenElec get fixed too?

(2012-08-07, 16:48)DigiTech Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 04:03)giftie Wrote: It's hard to tell what is going on with out a debug log.

Is there a guide to help simplify how to use cdart manager, im mixed up with all the options, i only want to get the neccesary cdart nothing else, thanks for the assistance.

No Guide, it should be fairly simple.. To get cdARTs, you have 2 choices, Select Artist(manual mode), Automatic Download(auto mode). That's it. There are methods to keep the script's database upto date with XBMC's Library(and MusicBrainz) -> Advanced -> Modify Local Database -> Update Database

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-08-07

@giftie
Reported it so it will be looked at if there was some issue and fixing it.
If some one builds it himself he's on his own ofcourse

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - DigiTech - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-07, 16:48)DigiTech Wrote:

(2012-08-07, 04:03)giftie Wrote: No Guide, it should be fairly simple.. To get cdARTs, you have 2 choices, Select Artist(manual mode), Automatic Download(auto mode). That's it. There are methods to keep the script's database upto date with XBMC's Library(and MusicBrainz) -> Advanced -> Modify Local Database -> Update Database

I already did that but nothings happens, when i select automatic download it seems that a small window appears then pretty fast dissapears, after that i hope i can see maybe a small screen informing about the cdart being scrapped but nothings happens, is it possible that it starts scrapping in the backbround?
if it isn't possible i guess i'll have to post a log.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-08-08

The only thing that can be done in the background is build of the database(only selectable through settings). And as I said earlier, a debug log is needed.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - DigiTech - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-08, 04:54)giftie Wrote: The only thing that can be done in the background is build of the database(only selectable through settings). And as I said earlier, a debug log is needed.

Finally got it to work, just changed from aeon nox skin to confluence just to do the scrapping process and everything worked, now that i have the cdart ad the clear art ( the artist logos), the cd art is appearing just fine in aeon nox 3.5 but the artist's logos are not displayed, i found an option in aeon that ask for a clear art path so it can be displayed, does cdART Manager has a specific path to save the scraped clear art? Thanks for the time and dedication of your scripts Giftie Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-08-10

In settings you will see a 'path to music library' option for you to enter in the proper path(the one that matches the one you have in Aeon Nox.)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - DigiTech - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-10, 20:53)giftie Wrote: In settings you will see a 'path to music library' option for you to enter in the proper path(the one that matches the one you have in Aeon Nox.)

Sorry for the lack of knowledge giftie, i thought cdart manager already has a location where it saves the logos cause when i open it actually display them on the cdart main menu, do i have to choose where to store "again" those logos in cdart manager? and then specify the same path in Aeon nox? Thanks for your help.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-08-11

The Aeon Nox setting 'Set path to music library(needed for extrafanart, clearLOGO)' and the cdART Manager setting 'Path to Music Library(for Artwork)' need to match(this is mentioned in the second message of this tread -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031&pid=566651#pid566651 )

The reason for this is because the path to the Artist level is not provided by XBMC. Both skins and cdART Manager need to make up this path. I check to see why cdART Manager is saving when it doesn't have a path to save to, I wonder where they are going...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TheRed - 2012-08-14

Still trying to get my head around the options a little so I can understand a little better exactly what is going on.

In the menu of CDArt Manager I can see 3 options that seem to perform some form of update or refresh but I don't understand the differences between them.

Update XBMC Music Database (I presume this scans for new music files)
Modify Local Database > Refresh Addon Database
Modify Local Database > Update Database (I tried this one and I believe it reset the MBID's that I'd manually corrected?)

This question arose because I was having trouble downloading cover art for an album that has 2 possible covers available on fanart.tv. I have successfully downloaded one of the covers-- the one that appears first on the website-- however I'd prefer to have the second cover. In the cover art menu however CDArt manager will only ever display one cover as available. I presumed this was because I needed to refresh something as the second cover as added to the website after I'd grabbed the first one, but I'm pretty sure CD Art manager doesn't cache that sort of information, but will make a fresh request for available artwork each time you ask it to?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2012-08-14

(2012-07-13, 01:47)Ghostdivision Wrote: Forgive me if this has been asked, but is there any chance you could include an option to run on startup like Artwork downloader addon that way we can completely automate the process?

Hate to bring this up again, but would an option to run cdart on startup not work?

I often find myself forgetting to manually go in and use it, if it could run and automatic download art based on settings you specify like album art downloader does it would be fantastic.

Is this simply not an option or not one you would want to add?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 12:28)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 01:47)Ghostdivision Wrote: Forgive me if this has been asked, but is there any chance you could include an option to run on startup like Artwork downloader addon that way we can completely automate the process?

Hate to bring this up again, but would an option to run cdart on startup not work?

I often find myself forgetting to manually go in and use it, if it could run and automatic download art based on settings you specify like album art downloader does it would be fantastic.

I wouldn't advice this because that cause some serious load on the server.
I'm actually starting to think about removing it from Artwork Downloader to.
Only difference is that one has a 7 day cache so it doesn't hit the server.

Is it that difficult to remember that you need to run the script? It's not like every day there are 100's of new cover an cdarts that you would actually need? It will be just a waste of valuable resources

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-08-14

Hi giftie,

I have a problem in Windows with Update XBMC Thumbs... I have reinstalled my XBMC program, but I have kept all my images and reused the path in cdart Manager.

But when I click on Update XBMC Thumbs (after rebuilt my database), nothing happen in my music library (no thumbs).

And this is what I have in my log :

Quote:...
19:00:57 T:2732 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:00:57 T:2732 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Nath\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\json_utils.py", line 26, in retrieve_json_dict
19:00:57 T:2732 ERROR: result = response['result']
19:00:57 T:2732 ERROR: KeyError: 'result'
19:00:57 T:2732 NOTICE: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - JSONRPC -
{'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'id': 1, 'error': {'message': 'Invalid params.', 'code': -32602}}
19:00:57 T:2732 NOTICE: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - Error trying to get json response
19:00:57 T:2732 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Nath\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\json_utils.py", line 26, in retrieve_json_dict
{'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'id': 1, 'error': {'message': 'Invalid params.', 'code': -32602}}
19:00:57 T:2732 NOTICE: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - Error trying to get json response

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-08-15

After rebuilding XBMC's library did you also rebuilt the script's database? Both these need to match...

Other than that I'm not sure. Also the Update Thumbnails option will be removed as it was only needed for a short time(the script automatically will update Eden thumbnails as they get downloaded.)

(2012-08-14, 19:10)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi giftie,

I have a problem in Windows with Update XBMC Thumbs... I have reinstalled my XBMC program, but I have kept all my images and reused the path in cdart Manager.

But when I click on Update XBMC Thumbs (after rebuilt my database), nothing happen in my music library (no thumbs).

And this is what I have in my log :

Quote:...

(2012-08-14, 13:01)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-14, 12:28)Ghostdivision Wrote:

I wouldn't advice this because that cause some serious load on the server.
I'm actually starting to think about removing it from Artwork Downloader to.
Only difference is that one has a 7 day cache so it doesn't hit the server.

Is it that difficult to remember that you need to run the script? It's not like every day there are 100's of new cover an cdarts that you would actually need? It will be just a waste of valuable resources

I tend to agree with Martijn. There are a lot of service scripts running at the start of XBMC(also varies with the skin being used) In an upcoming release I will be adding the ability to download all available artwork with a single request(which would also be open to skin developers for adding of a button).

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-14, 12:05)TheRed Wrote: Still trying to get my head around the options a little so I can understand a little better exactly what is going on.

In the menu of CDArt Manager I can see 3 options that seem to perform some form of update or refresh but I don't understand the differences between them.

Update XBMC Music Database (I presume this scans for new music files)
Modify Local Database > Refresh Addon Database
Modify Local Database > Update Database (I tried this one and I believe it reset the MBID's that I'd manually corrected?)

This question arose because I was having trouble downloading cover art for an album that has 2 possible covers available on fanart.tv. I have successfully downloaded one of the covers-- the one that appears first on the website-- however I'd prefer to have the second cover. In the cover art menu however CDArt manager will only ever display one cover as available. I presumed this was because I needed to refresh something as the second cover as added to the website after I'd grabbed the first one, but I'm pretty sure CD Art manager doesn't cache that sort of information, but will make a fresh request for available artwork each time you ask it to?

Update XBMC Music Database - same as Update Library in XBMC's context menu for updating.
Modify Local Database > Refresh Addon Database - complete rebuild of the script's database
Modify Local Database > Update Database - this compares the XBMC's library to the script's database and update what it finds changed, Artist, Album Title, XBMC Database ID, Path, Disc #, cdART, Cover art are checked. I have seen a difference in the charaters cause the script to think there is a change, this is probably why it change the MBID that you manually changed.

At the moment the script only handles 1 cdART and 1 Cover Art. This will change in the future to allow for manual selection of the multiple artwork.

For the mean time you can manually download the cover from fanart, the script will not overwrite the cover art. Also if the cover art on fanart.tv just happens to be better than the previous one please report it on fanart.tv.