Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- giftie - 2010-10-30

At the moment it does not work with MySQL..

- Jair - 2010-11-08

Jair Wrote:Hi is there any problem with accents on file paths? I'm getting the following error: Check file paths-cdart not downloaded and then the path to the album

All my albums are inside a folder with accent on its name.

giftie, here is the xbmc debug log:

http://pastebin.com/hDF28urE

I'm using Windows XP and xbmc SVN:33323 (it's after latest beta 1).

Thank you for your help.

- avus m3 - 2010-11-16

giftie Wrote:At the moment it does not work with MySQL..

Sad

- Chaos_666 - 2010-11-17

Hi there
avus m3 Wrote:Sad

same here.

Any update in this?

THX
Chaos

- avus m3 - 2010-11-17

I had to sidestep the mysql setup to use the script.

1) Exported current mysql db from xbmc

2) I had to log into a different user that was not setup really with xbmc so its settings were blank.

3) Started xbmc set music not to download additional data during updates.

4) I imported my db I exported from my mysql

5) Ran script and now have that user exist for running this script and others I find that have issues with mysql (so far only this one which is good news).

Every once in awhile I will just have to log in and run the script then switch back to a regular user for xbmc to connect back into mysql. Not the most elegant but it works for now and doesn't take to long to do.

- drabina - 2010-11-19

Guys, I need some help. I have installed the add-on, used it to find artists (150 found), then selected "Automatic Download". It did its thing and said that it is finished but I still do not see any album art in my music library. Am I missing something? Is there a documentation on how to use this add-on?

Thanks.

- avus m3 - 2010-11-19

Whatever skin your using needs to support cdart.

- drabina - 2010-11-19

Is the Confluence skin supported? I am running Dharma RC1.

Need an MySQL guinea pig... er volunteers... or more than one... - giftie - 2010-11-21

I'm working on modifying the script to be used with MySQL. I need a volunteer or two to test the script prior to me submitting to the repo...

Any that are interested, please PM me and I'll send you a download link for the updated script in zip format(that can be easily installed through the addon manager.)

- giftie - 2010-11-21

drabina - Confluence does not use cdARTs - since it's not a XBMC feature. Some very good skins(most skins except the default) support cdARTs(Transparency, Night, Shade, etc.) I think there are some that are modifying Confluence to have the cdART feature(not sure though)

The Script adds a file called cdart.png to your album folder(as long as file permissions allow it)

I think the first page of this thread I described how to use the script. Any questions, feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to help...

- drabina - 2010-11-22

giftie Wrote:drabina - Confluence does not use cdARTs - since it's not a XBMC feature. Some very good skins(most skins except the default) support cdARTs(Transparency, Night, Shade, etc.) I think there are some that are modifying Confluence to have the cdART feature(not sure though)

The Script adds a file called cdart.png to your album folder(as long as file permissions allow it)

I think the first page of this thread I described how to use the script. Any questions, feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to help...

Thanks for replying. I thought even with Confluence when .tbn file is put next to an album it will display the album art. I guess I was mistaken.

Differences between cdART and Album Art.. - giftie - 2010-11-22

Album art is different than cdART.

cdART is provides the actual art of the cd(not all CDs but many and still growing)

Example of cdART

drabina Wrote:Thanks for replying. I thought even with Confluence when .tbn file is put next to an album it will display the album art. I guess I was mistaken.

- avus m3 - 2010-11-22

giftie Wrote:I'm working on modifying the script to be used with MySQL. I need a volunteer or two to test the script prior to me submitting to the repo...

Any that are interested, please PM me and I'll send you a download link for the updated script in zip format(that can be easily installed through the addon manager.)

I would but i'm leaving for a few days to SoCal.

- drabina - 2010-11-22

giftie Wrote:Album art is different than cdART.

cdART is provides the actual art of the cd(not all CDs but many and still growing)

Example of cdART

Thanks again. Little I know about the whole XBMC/add-ons thing :-)

- V-Turn - 2010-12-04

avus m3 Wrote:
giftie Wrote:At the moment it does not work with MySQL..
Sad
Sad too