Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2012-12-15

Two questions, cant remember if I asked this or not, but cant find the post. Their is alot of time between official releases (current version), i think the last was 6 months ago, alot of new great features are added regularly, i dont expect in the future to have time to browse this forum as much, would you give any consideration to possibly adding more builds as official versions more often so it can update in xbmc automatically? I think alot of people probably dont visit this thread often that do use your great add on, alot has changed since 2.6.5 though and almost all the releases have worked fine for me.

Also I am really liking the scheduler, will their be an official release for that to, if your not checking logs constantly, and keeping up with stuff and issues posted on this forum, im worried perhaps it will stop working for whatever reason or their will be a bug develop (I wont even notice unless I check the logs, I will just assume its running properly) and unless im digging around on the froum, i wont even notice or locate the new version unless im checking or browsing the forum. It would be nice if that could be updated in xbmc as well frequently to stay in sync with cdart.

I just want to try to stay on top of cdart and the scheduler and staying in sync with them as i will be having less time to devote to browsing the forum, and doing regular maintenance checks with xbmc logs for the next number of months.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - vI3Tz - 2012-12-15

Hi,

I am running OpenELEC 3.0 (Beta 5), which is Frodo, and just tried cdART Manager 2.7.9. Unfortunately, all I get is a script error.

Is there another version for openELEC?

Best regards

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-15, 11:21)Ghostdivision Wrote: Two questions, cant remember if I asked this or not, but cant find the post. Their is alot of time between official releases (current version), i think the last was 6 months ago, alot of new great features are added regularly, i dont expect in the future to have time to browse this forum as much, would you give any consideration to possibly adding more builds as official versions more often so it can update in xbmc automatically? I think alot of people probably dont visit this thread often that do use your great add on, alot has changed since 2.6.5 though and almost all the releases have worked fine for me.
Yea it has been a long time since the last update to the official repo. There are two reasons for this:
  1. Big changes that required a lot of testing
  2. Real life gets in the way Smile
I think the bugs are the finally gone(except for 1 maybe) so I think there will be a move to the repo.

Quote:Also I am really liking the scheduler, will their be an official release for that to, if your not checking logs constantly, and keeping up with stuff and issues posted on this forum, im worried perhaps it will stop working for whatever reason or their will be a bug develop (I wont even notice unless I check the logs, I will just assume its running properly) and unless im digging around on the froum, i wont even notice or locate the new version unless im checking or browsing the forum. It would be nice if that could be updated in xbmc as well frequently to stay in sync with cdart.
The scheduler will be submitted to the Official repo. I wanted people to test it as I have a tendency miss my own bugs Smile I don't know if many have tested it and haven't had any problems, or not many have tested it..

Quote:I just want to try to stay on top of cdart and the scheduler and staying in sync with them as i will be having less time to devote to browsing the forum, and doing regular maintenance checks with xbmc logs for the next number of months.

(2012-12-15, 13:24)vI3Tz Wrote: Hi,

I am running OpenELEC 3.0 (Beta 5), which is Frodo, and just tried cdART Manager 2.7.9. Unfortunately, all I get is a script error.

Is there another version for openELEC?

Best regards

With out a debug log I don`t have a clue... Need a full debug log posted to xbmclogs.com

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-12-16

I just updated my complete music-archive with Musicbrainz picard v1.1
Loaded up mp3tag and fixed the %year% column using an action and this string:
Code:
$left(%year%,4)
put in some missing information and exported it with this syntax:
Code:
%albumartist%\%album% '('%year%')' \[CD$num(%discnumber%,1)]\$num(%track%,2) - %title%
cdART Manager 2.7.9 picked it up perfectly. No issues so far.
I used yesterdays nightly on win8.
The only interesting thing in the log was a couple of these
Code:
20:47:51 T:1384   DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - HTML Source:
                                            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error><text>Could not retrieve sub-document page from search server. Error: http://10.1.1.247:776/ws/2/release-group/?max=1&amp;type=release-group&amp;fmt=xml&amp;offset=0&amp;query=%22Rated%20R%22~2%20AND%20artist%3A%22Rihanna%22%20NOT%20type%3Asingle  -&gt; 504 Gateway Time-out</text><text>For usage, please see: http://musicbrainz.org/development/mmd</text></error>
20:47:51 T:2268   DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x8883e30
I could provide the complete debug log but it´s not very clean and therefore very big (>17MB)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 09:15)solidsatras Wrote: I just updated my complete music-archive with Musicbrainz picard v1.1
Loaded up mp3tag and fixed the %year% column using an action and this string:
Code:
$left(%year%,4)
put in some missing information and exported it with this syntax:
Code:
%albumartist%\%album% '('%year%')' \[CD$num(%discnumber%,1)]\$num(%track%,2) - %title%
cdART Manager 2.7.9 picked it up perfectly. No issues so far.
I used yesterdays nightly on win8.
The only interesting thing in the log was a couple of these
Code:
20:47:51 T:1384   DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - HTML Source:
                                            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error><text>Could not retrieve sub-document page from search server. Error: http://10.1.1.247:776/ws/2/release-group/?max=1&amp;type=release-group&amp;fmt=xml&amp;offset=0&amp;query=%22Rated%20R%22~2%20AND%20artist%3A%22Rihanna%22%20NOT%20type%3Asingle  -&gt; 504 Gateway Time-out</text><text>For usage, please see: http://musicbrainz.org/development/mmd</text></error>
20:47:51 T:2268   DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x8883e30
I could provide the complete debug log but it´s not very clean and therefore very big (>17MB)

Do you use a local musicbrainz server?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 20:54)giftie Wrote: Do you use a local musicbrainz server?

Nope, should I? Would be a nice task to mirror it over the holidays.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2012-12-18

solidsatras: Your IP address you've specified as per the log you posted is a private address range. Not an internet IP address. Any IP address starting 10.x.x.x is a private IP address, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-12-18

That´s the thing, I haven´t specified to use that IP.
The option:
Code:
Use http://musicbrainz.org as the MusicBrainz Server
is activated.
I´m sure it is easier if giftie has a complete log, so here it is:
log (I know you prefer xbmclogs but thats down atm)
You can see all settings there. Should be rather clean, start xbmc-> update Addon-Database -> search for artwork -> quit xbmc
Looks like I have to do something about all these ArtistXY feat. ArtistYZ.
What´s the best way for xbmc to handle these?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - snailtail - 2012-12-18

Hi, can't get my CDArt to download anything,
Added ~650 disc's to the XMBC Library, ran the scan in CDart, 2 hours later it's added them all to it's Library but finds no cdartHuh
Log here http://paste.ubuntu.com/1447159/

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-18, 09:44)solidsatras Wrote: That´s the thing, I haven´t specified to use that IP.
The option:
Code:
is activated.
You can see all settings there. Should be rather clean, start xbmc-> update Addon-Database -> search for artwork -> quit xbmc

That did occur to me when I posted. Maybe the 10 in that IP address ought to be something else but perhaps a number is missing. Giftie will fix it, no doubt.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-18, 09:44)solidsatras Wrote: That´s the thing, I haven´t specified to use that IP.
The option:
Code:
is activated.

There was only one name that had an error in that log, and it was due to the double quote at the end of it. I had thought I caught that error long ago, but I guess I missed the artist query. It will be fixed in the Official release.

The other error, the one that you posted before, seems to have been an internal error @ MusicBrainz(hence the explanation of the internal IP address) This seems to be ok now as I check the call manually and did not receive an error.

Also there is a pull request that will probably make it into XBMC post Frodo regarding Featuring Artists. Nothing can be done at the moment.

(2012-12-18, 11:44)snailtail Wrote: Hi, can't get my CDArt to download anything,
Added ~650 disc's to the XMBC Library, ran the scan in CDart, 2 hours later it's added them all to it's Library but finds no cdartHuh
Log here http://paste.ubuntu.com/1447159/

Cheers

Could you install the Eden test version from the first page of this thread and follow the instructions of updating from an older version(found below the link)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - huzz456 - 2012-12-21

Hi im adding my nfs share from a mac under file manager in frodo for atv2 but its still not showing in the addon config file path, what do i need to do? many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2012-12-21

Giftie, I've got an advancedsettings.xml setting to set "/" as an artist seperator, but with cdART this is causing a small issue. AC/DC is interpreted as just "AC" and any artwork downloaded for this artist goes into a folder by that name. Is there a way to alter this to write to a "AC-DC" named folder in the script?

Also, 2.7.9 seems to cause a crash when it starts every OTHER time it's run. (one-in-two). This is in RC1 and 2. Nothing in the log to indicate the error.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - ElPolo - 2012-12-21

Hello,
I'm unable to find 'Path to music Library' in settings, Frodo version 2.7.9.

Is this Normal ? and if so, where are put fanarts ?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-21, 05:30)gibxxi Wrote: Giftie, I've got an advancedsettings.xml setting to set "/" as an artist seperator, but with cdART this is causing a small issue. AC/DC is interpreted as just "AC" and any artwork downloaded for this artist goes into a folder by that name. Is there a way to alter this to write to a "AC-DC" named folder in the script?
This is actually normal behavior. The script(and skins that use Music Path) don't have access to an artist's path(it's not available from XBMC) What the script does is store files into the supplied music path plus the artist name. AC/DC is one of the special cases. When you add AC/DC to the music path that is supplied, you actually create a sub folder AC and a sub folder DC(in AC's folder) this is because the / is an 'illegal' file character. I did add the ability to select illegal character and replace them with a valid character. You can set these characters in the script's settings(extra settings I believe) But if you do change this your skin might not be able to find the artwork.
Quote:
Also, 2.7.9 seems to cause a crash when it starts every OTHER time it's run. (one-in-two). This is in RC1 and 2. Nothing in the log to indicate the error.
This might be fixed in the next RC. as there have been some updates.

(2012-12-21, 01:56)huzz456 Wrote: Hi im adding my nfs share from a mac under file manager in frodo for atv2 but its still not showing in the addon config file path, what do i need to do? many thanks

I'm not sure why, not a problem with the script though.. XBMC was not always sharing these paths.

Also, it probably would not be a good idea to use this add-on on an ATV as is does store a lot of information locally and this may cause problem with the limited storage of the ATV

(2012-12-21, 11:28)ElPolo Wrote: Hello,
I'm unable to find 'Path to music Library' in settings, Frodo version 2.7.9.

Is this Normal ? and if so, where are put fanarts ?

Thanks

It should be the first option on the first category in the addon settings. If it is missing, what language do you have XBMC set to?