Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - onizuka - 2012-08-19

For some reason the GSB only works once to launch XBMC, but then it will not work beyond the initial press. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, anyone have any ideas?

1- What Operating system are you using?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
2- What Remote are using? Is it Microsoft Compatible or is it Microsoft Certified?
Yes, link for it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WM5J0O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
4- What IR receiver are you using?
IR receiver came with the remote. It is USB.
6- Is your IR Receiver listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under the "Human Interface Devices" in the "Device Manager"?
Yes
7- Have you tried any kind of software before trying my customised setup? Have you used any apps like EventGhost before using my setup?
No.
8- Please let me know which version of the .reg file you used or if you used the Auto installer method?
XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.18, http://www.autohotkey.com/download/AutoH...nstall.exe
10- Finally What XBMC version are you using?
Eden v11

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TheFonz - 2012-08-20

EG,
Grrrrrr for some reason the Green Start Button has stopped working.
The ONLY thing that has changed is the reg script I ran that added my custom key entries (for power button, etc).
Here is the reg script: http://pastebin.com/4PwY18gz
Not sure if the GSB key is right, if not let me know and I will change and re-run the script.
As always, thanks!
_Fonz

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2012-08-20

The GSB key code is correct. Check whether the autohotkey script is running.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TheFonz - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 07:18)baijuxavior Wrote: The GSB key code is correct. Check whether the autohotkey script is running.

This is what AutoHotKey reports when pressing the GSB trying to return to the main screen of XBMC
http://pastebin.com/FDRB0pK6

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2012-08-20

I have created an application which can start xbmc from green screen button. Please try it. XBMCLauncher. I have included a custom keymap file and registry file which you can skip if you don't want them.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 08:31)baijuxavior Wrote: I have created an application which can start xbmc from green screen button. Please try it. XBMCLauncher. I have included a custom keymap file and registry file which you can skip if you don't want them.

baijuxavior you are using my own GSB script for the green start button, keyboard.xml and registry setup in your application so I do not see how your app could help him when the same script is executed, and at the same time the script is not to blame in this instance.

Cheers,
EG.

You are right. I can't figure out why the script is not working in his case. It works for me correctly.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-19, 17:55)onizuka Wrote: For some reason the GSB only works once to launch XBMC, but then it will not work beyond the initial press. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, anyone have any ideas?

1- What Operating system are you using?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
2- What Remote are using? Is it Microsoft Compatible or is it Microsoft Certified?
Yes, link for it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WM5J0O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
4- What IR receiver are you using?
IR receiver came with the remote. It is USB.
6- Is your IR Receiver listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under the "Human Interface Devices" in the "Device Manager"?
Yes
7- Have you tried any kind of software before trying my customised setup? Have you used any apps like EventGhost before using my setup?
No.
8- Please let me know which version of the .reg file you used or if you used the Auto installer method?
XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.18, http://www.autohotkey.com/download/AutoH...nstall.exe
10- Finally What XBMC version are you using?
Eden v11

I have rewritten the GSB script and modified keyboard.xml to fix some issues which is not related to your current issue tbh, the application is due to be released soon, it should be easier and better than the current one, as no need to select 64bit or 32bit, it will auto detect and install the right files.

Are you selecting the correct 64bit setup? did you install autohotkey? did you make sure autohotkey script is running iin the background? if all yes then there must be something wrong with your Keyboard.xml because the GSB script will not work beyond Starting XBMC. Try to download keyboard.xml from here and overwrite it with the one in %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps then see if that will help.

PLEASE Uninstall Autohotkey an install this AUTOHOTKEY instead.

Cheers,
EG,

(2012-08-20, 01:46)TheFonz Wrote: EG,
Grrrrrr for some reason the Green Start Button has stopped working.
The ONLY thing that has changed is the reg script I ran that added my custom key entries (for power button, etc).
Here is the reg script: http://pastebin.com/4PwY18gz
Not sure if the GSB key is right, if not let me know and I will change and re-run the script.
As always, thanks!
_Fonz

Dear TheFonz, like in the past something stopped autohotkey from working properly. And when you reinstalled windows it was working again, a simple change of the registry script will not stop the GSB script from functioning properly. I am sorry but you have to look more closely in what you are doing in windows, no other people have reported this and I have been testing and running this on several platforms for months with no issues. I reapplied the config file that you posted and tried to reproduce your issue but to no avail? All works fine..

my only explaination in this case that your keyboard.xml might be messed up and try to download keyboard.xml from here and overwrite it with the one in %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps then see if that will help. Checking the log you sent I do not see anything wrong with your modified reg file or the GSB script it self.

PLEASE Uninstall Autohotkey an install this AUTOHOTKEY instead.

Cheers,
EG.

I am working hard to release the new setup with the new files, I have done some drastic changes to the GSB sequence in a .reg and .ahk level and not using the Win+Alt+Enter anymore so that the user and me can detect what the Windows button is sending easily without having to start windows media player and so on... After all this setup has nothing to do with Windows Media player and no one cares about it to be honest, the ones who care are using my alternative setup anyways which is available in the front page of this thread.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-21

At last XBMCCustomregis 2.60.12 is here please visit the website for more information and check the new features page it explains the new features.

One of the main features of the new release is including SmartFocus© by press of a button you can activate or deactivate this feature, even if you forget it on its smart enough it will not kill your CPU power and will stop instantly when XBMC is not active, also not forgetting to mention adding one important feature as well which is multi-monitor support, by press of a button it can extend to screen #2 start XBMC and bring it to focus, press again it will close XBMC go back to screen #1.. more info on site.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TheFonz - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 00:16)elitegamer360 Wrote: At last XBMCCustomregis 2.60.12 is here please visit the website for more information and check the new features page it explains the new features.

One of the main features of the new release is including SmartFocus© by press of a button you can activate or deactivate this feature, even if you forget it on its smart enough it will not kill your CPU power and will stop instantly when XBMC is not active, also not forgetting to mention adding one important feature as well which is multi-monitor support, by press of a button it can extend to screen #2 start XBMC and bring it to focus, press again it will close XBMC go back to screen #1.. more info on site.
I installed this, and I have no idea what is going on!
I am at work at the moment, so cannot physically press the GSB but am using the on-screen keyboard to send the key combination Win+Alt+Enter. //Edit: Just realised that the new shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+Enter
Unless the CustomRegis 2.60.12 changes what the GSB sends to open XBMC, it's not working - remember I am remoting to my Media Center (Win7 64Bit).

Cheers
_Fonz

//Edit: Ok, I just tried using the right hand side ctrl+alt keys instead of the left hand side keys on the on-screen keyboard. Low-and-behold, XBMC launched and even returned to the main menu after navigating to a submenu. I will check to see if this is the case when I try with the remote. *Fingers Crossed*
Thanks again EG!

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 02:20)TheFonz Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 00:16)elitegamer360 Wrote: At last XBMCCustomregis 2.60.12 is here please visit the website for more information and check the new features page it explains the new features.

I installed this, and I have no idea what is going on!
I am at work at the moment, so cannot physically press the GSB but am using the on-screen keyboard to send the key combination Win+Alt+Enter.
Unless the CustomRegis 2.60.12 changes what the GSB sends to open XBMC, it's not working - remember I am remoting to my Media Center (Win7 64Bit).
Another thing I should add, is I replaced the hdd with an SSD and now windows is not genuine. I have no idea if this makes any difference, I'd say it's probably not causing the issue. As soon as I can, I will be buying Win8 for my Media Center.
Cheers
_Fonz

@ TheFonz: Yes v2.60.12 and the new script that comes with it does not use "Win-Alt-Enter" any more for the "Big Green Start button". The new setup and scripts now use "Ctrl-Alt-Enter", after you install the setup do not forget to restart your PC for the new files to take effect.

In regard to the SSD hardisk no it should not be the cause but if you are using a non Genuine copy of windows and if you are remote accessing your windows then this might be the cause of the issue I do not know, its best to try using a keyboard thats connected to a computer or an MCE remote. but now with the new setup and scripts try Ctr+Alt+Enter thats what is being used from now on Smile

Edit: I read your edits Smile excellent, yes you should use the left Ctrl+Alt on a virtual keyboard and Enter it should work Big Grin

Edit: left or right ctrl+alt on a virtual keyboard should be the same on some computers it works on others dont lol, but from a hardware keyboard or an MCE remote it should work no issues.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - nick101181 - 2012-08-21

Hi Elitegamer,

I installed your scripts and it seems to work alot better now. I have the mediagate mce remote. I tried the mceremote addon in xbmc but the info button would never work. I only have two questions. The green mce button works to launch xbmc fullscreen but which button exits xbmc? When I press it multiple times the fanart just rotates on the main screen. Also is there a button that can change viewtypes? Everytime I have to use the hulu addon and go to tv shows, I have to manually change it to slide show view.

Thanks for the App.

(2012-08-21, 03:15)nick101181 Wrote: Hi Elitegamer,

I installed your scripts and it seems to work alot better now. I have the mediagate mce remote. I tried the mceremote addon in xbmc but the info button would never work. I only have two questions. The green mce button works to launch xbmc fullscreen but which button exits xbmc? When I press it multiple times the fanart just rotates on the main screen. Also is there a button that can change viewtypes? Everytime I have to use the hulu addon and go to tv shows, I have to manually change it to slide show view.

Thanks for the App.

The Big Green start button is designed to start XBMC and when XBMC starts if you press it again its designed to take you to the home screen, so what you experiencing is XBMC reloading the home screen, if you want to close XBMC simply press the power button and it will give you several shutdown options. changing the view type is a skin related issue, I realy do not have time to look into it now, maybe its better to ask in the skin related thread. Anyways tell me what skin you are using and if I have time I will check for you Smile

Cheers,
EG.

btw, the remote reference picture updated to include what the buttons do under xbmccustomregis v2.60.12 like "teletext" button activates and deactivates SmartFocus© or the hash button "#" changed to trigger Multi-monitor support.

If anyone has any feedback on how to improve the picture or the reference to the button codes please let me know. I think its much better now compared to the last one. I tried to keep the same theme though Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.