Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- eskro - 2011-09-09

because i've never got iMON to work with XBMC
after trying many times,,,,

Same also with MediaPlayerClassic,,,,

- fezster - 2011-09-10

Grangey. Wrote:guys you are aware that imon supports xbmc nativly right? All you have to do is remove username and password under xbmc network settings, and ensure the "port" on xbmc matches that in imon manager-imon utililities-front view-media information

just dont understand the need for this program now is all? sorry if ive missed something

Doesnt work with the latest nightly though.

Also, I dont like the way the imon software displays the playing time - it updates like it's constantly polling the xbmc json interface, so updates almost intermittently sometimes.

The way I implemented it (for VFD) using Montellese's code was to get the playing time once, and then use a timer to update every second. I found this works extremely well, the display is much more as expected, and though it may get out of sync, even after considerable playing time it does so by a few seconds at most.

- Raptylos - 2011-09-10

Grangey. Wrote:guys you are aware that imon supports xbmc nativly right? All you have to do is remove username and password under xbmc network settings, and ensure the "port" on xbmc matches that in imon manager-imon utililities-front view-media information

just dont understand the need for this program now is all? sorry if ive missed something

Grangey, you are aware, that iMon does not support browsing information and many other improvements, that Montellese's implementation does ?

- Grangey. - 2011-09-13

See i knew I had missed something Smile

Thank you all for clarifying... so all in all its worth me giving this a go instead of whats supported nativly?

- sb206 - 2011-10-01

Is there any chance that this perfect programm works in the future with eden? please,please,pleaseBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

- eskro - 2011-10-01

answer is here --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=875028&postcount=266

- fezster - 2011-10-01

I have a binary I can post which works with pre-eden. The only thing I can say for sure about is that it works with movies and displays the current playing time on a VFD (I dont have an LCD).

Quite a lot of the existing functionality still works, just with the new JSON interface.

I'd like an OK from Montellese before I post it up though ?

- sb206 - 2011-10-01

@fezster

That is amazing. Please post it

- fezster - 2011-10-02

Ok, give it a try:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FUN44NXO

- Montellese - 2011-10-02

fezster Wrote:I have a binary I can post which works with pre-eden. The only thing I can say for sure about is that it works with movies and displays the current playing time on a VFD (I dont have an LCD).

Quite a lot of the existing functionality still works, just with the new JSON interface.

I'd like an OK from Montellese before I post it up though ?

This is an open source project so you are free to develop it further and I'm grateful if you do so because I got quite a lot of work to do with XBMC itself and didn't find the time to make XBMC on iMON work with pre-eden yet.

Did you clone my svn repo and made your changes there? I was thinking about moving the code to github so anyone can easier clone the git repo, make their changes and send me pull requests.

- sb206 - 2011-10-02

I tried it out but it doesnt work for me. I get an error with Net framework

- fezster - 2011-10-02

What's the error ?

And do you have the latest .net framework installed ? (sorry Im not a .net expert, so dont even know what the minimum version required is). Edit - scrap that, it should only require .net 2.0.

- sb206 - 2011-10-03

ok i have the last version of net.framework. here the error

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at XBMC.JsonRpc.XbmcGeneral.get_BuildDate()
   at iMon.XBMC.XBMC.xbmcConnectingFinished(IAsyncResult ar)
   at iMon.XBMC.XBMC.<>c__DisplayClass4.<xbmcConnectingFinished>b__2()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XbmcOniMon
    Assembly Version: 0.1.4.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/_XBMC%20Test/imonapi/XbmcOniMon.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
iMonDisplayApiWrapperSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.7
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///E:/_XBMC%20Test/imonapi/iMonDisplayApiWrapperSharp.DLL
XBMCJsonRpcSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.2
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///E:/_XBMC%20Test/imonapi/XBMCJsonRpcSharp.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 4.0.2.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.2.13623
    CodeBase: file:///E:/_XBMC%20Test/imonapi/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- fezster - 2011-10-03

Which build of xbmc are you using ? I adapted this to work with the pre-eden version posted by bluray here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109314

- eskro - 2011-10-03

i have problems installing net.framework version 4,,,
it just wont install,,,