Kodi Community Forum
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=85696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- ShizzlePDX503 - 2011-01-06

Are you keeping this closed sourced?

- xyber - 2011-01-06

ShizzlePDX503 Wrote:Are you keeping this closed sourced?

yes.

- kri kri - 2011-01-06

xyber Wrote:It does not work exactly like XBMC and therefore can not export collections. Basically, you have to have a folder structure like this ...

Harry Potter Collection
- First movie folder
-----stuff
- Second Movies folder
-----stuff
- etc folder
-----stuff

So XMM would tag the folder "Harry Potter Collection" as a collection since it contains a bunch of movie folders. In edit mode you will see a checkbox for this near the top and to the right (on the edit/ right hand panel).

I did this, but the collection doesn't show up in xbmc, just the individual movies.

- xyber - 2011-01-06

xyber Wrote:It does not work exactly like XBMC and therefore can not export collections

Like I said, there is nothing being exported to tell xbmc that it is a collection.
Let me see what I can do about it.

- xyber - 2011-01-06

build 2.1.0 (6 Jan 2011)
* Fixes to XBMC exporter
-- Add tag to movies which are part of Collection/Set.
-- Export MPAA rating with the word "Rated" in it. Seems it is the way XBMC expects it, for example "Rated PG-13"

@kri kri check if this works for your Sets now. It seems to work fine in my tests. Just make sure that "This is a collection" is ticked for the Main Folder (the container, not the actual movies in it).

- kri kri - 2011-01-06

xyber Wrote:build 2.1.0 (6 Jan 2011)
* Fixes to XBMC exporter
-- Add tag to movies which are part of Collection/Set.
-- Export MPAA rating with the word "Rated" in it. Seems it is the way XBMC expects it, for example "Rated PG-13"

@kri kri check if this works for your Sets now. It seems to work fine in my tests. Just make sure that "This is a collection" is ticked for the Main Folder (the container, not the actual movies in it).

Looks great, thanks a lot. Big Grin

- hudri - 2011-01-07

I'd have a feature request for xMM3:

Allow to use the XBMC scrapers, so we can get NFO files in our preferred language. Perfect solution would be a sortable list of preferred scrapers, when one scraper fails it should search other scrapers according to this list.

- xyber - 2011-01-07

hudri Wrote:I'd have a feature request for xMM3:

Allow to use the XBMC scrapers, so we can get NFO files in our preferred language. Perfect solution would be a sortable list of preferred scrapers, when one scraper fails it should search other scrapers according to this list.

XMM2 had XBMC scraper support for a while but it was never very stable and then it got broken so I disabled it.

XMM3 will actually support a way to fall down a list of scrapers Wink
When you create a "media group" (the thing containing one or more folders to scan) you will actually get a chance to select which scrapers to use. In XMM you chose movies or tv and xmm would just use the one scraper you selected in the config to deal with either movies or tv. Now, in XMM3, you can select the scrapers (more than one) and in what order they should be used. I'm doing it this way especially for people (like myself) who do not keep for example their anime or documentaries in separate Movies and Series folders (I keep all my anime in one folder, whether it is a movie or series), so it is useful to tell xmm that it should first scan TMDB and if that fails it should check TVDB for info. Still needa work out how I could perhaps allow you to select what data to use from which scraper when there is more that one scraper with info for a certain item.

- strict9 - 2011-01-08

Great addon, thanks! I am having one problem though - none of my changes seem to take effect in XBMC! I export, and have tried cleaning my library, but XBMC seems to still be using its own data. For example, I change the name of a movie but don't see that reflect. I also created a collection/set but that doesn't appear either. What might I be missing? Thanks!

- xyber - 2011-01-08

strict9 Wrote:Great addon, thanks! I am having one problem though - none of my changes seem to take effect in XBMC! I export, and have tried cleaning my library, but XBMC seems to still be using its own data. For example, I change the name of a movie but don't see that reflect. I also created a collection/set but that doesn't appear either. What might I be missing? Thanks!

Sorry, no idea. When I remove a source I tell XBMC to clear the library and an import after that works fine and shows my changes.

- strict9 - 2011-01-08

xyber Wrote:Sorry, no idea. When I remove a source I tell XBMC to clear the library and an import after that works fine and shows my changes.

Thanks for the quick response. You mentioned an import, but I shouldn't have to actually import anything right? So you're suggesting I remove my Movies source entirely, add it back, and then do a fresh scan?

For what it's worth, I did have this problem with EMM too, but I can't figure out any type of setting in XBMC that might be related.

- xyber - 2011-01-08

Yeah, I mean the scan.
I right click an existing source, select remove source, and select yes on the popups (one is remove items from xbmc library. xbmc then does its tings with a progress bar telling its cleaning the library. After that I can add the source again find all the info and my sets fine. I don't know how xbmc works internally and in which situations it will read from nfo files, so that is the way I do it since I use xmm to collect the data I want collected (my xbmc is blocked by the firewall).

I might note that I don't see fanart for example when not in "Library Mode", I have to switch to it, then everything shows nicely (using transparency skin).

- strict9 - 2011-01-08

Ok, I'm trying that now, but I already see it's scanning for movie information and looks like it's pulling it directly from the file names and the internet. So maybe I somehow switched a setting for it to look for local info files?

EDIT: And now another problem! All my movies are, for example, Movie Name (2000). In XMM2 they're showing up as Movie Name () (2000). So it's not matching in terms of finding any metadata.

- strict9 - 2011-01-08

Fixed the parenthesis problem by modifying your regex, so that's good. Still having the NFO scraping issue though Sad

- mwkurt - 2011-01-09

Try doing a refresh of a movie to see if it works. When XBMC asks you if it should ignore your local data and scan the web, say no. It should then use whatever info you have there. I think all you have to do is to right click on a movie, or press "c". You should then see a selection in the list called "movie information". Select that and you will see "refresh". A simpler way to get there is to press "i" on your keyboard.

Mark