Kodi Community Forum
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=85696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- xyber - 2011-03-15

Don't know what the Panda issue can be, I use Avast myself with no problems.

pcvii Wrote:Though after exporting everything to XBMC. XBMC still can't tell the difference between a poster and a banner. So when I turn on posters in transparency XBMC loads the banner image and smashes it in there. Even if this has a spot for posters and banners, I guess XBMC only uses what is in the banner slot.

By default the app exports images the way xbmc expects them (except if you messed around with the settings on the export window). The app do not support all the different additional image features of skins like transparency, like clearart and those kinda things, but if the skin extends the use of banners and posters you could get xmm to export them by using the options on the export window correctly - but I can;t tell you what to do there since you needa look at what naming convention the specific skin wants the images the be and then set that on the export window.

Quote:XBMC still can't tell the difference between a poster and a banner
What exactly do you mean by this? Is it for the Show, a season, an episode?

From the previous page, post #279,
Btw, as you will see with the default settings of the exporter.
Only the thumb/screenshot is needed with eps (known as thumb in xbmc)
Only the banner for season (known as thumb in xbmc I think)
Only the thumb (by default the xmm banner) and fanart (default is the xmm fanart entry) is used for show.

PM me with more details on what is failing for you, especially the ones giving that virus warning and those that pop banner art into poster slot inside xmm, so I can try duplicate the problem on my side and track down the bug if any. I will need to know the folder structure and naming and the naming of the files (avi,etc), so I can setup a similar one on my side to test against.

- xyber - 2011-03-15

pcvii Wrote:One thing theres no way to force xmm2 to search for another show on the scraper. Like when it says it can't find something you can't alter the title to try to find it. Every time i change the title I can hit save or not. When i push Scrape, it puts the title back.

You do not need to press save if you enter a custom title to find during a "manual" scrape. This works for movies and TV shows alike. This will not work for Season and Episodes since they are handled differently - you just select them from a list (the button next to the scrape button).

[edit] I see what you mean. Did some testing an noticed the name changing. I'll check what is going on there.

[edit2] Fixed, grab latest from http://www.plyoung.com/projects/xmm2/

- zephyrtear - 2011-03-17

Is anyone else getting tons of duplicates when loading images for movies after this last update??

Did i do something wrong with the update?

- Archigos - 2011-03-17

xyber, if you want, I can provide you with the tv/movie blanks I use that way you can see the entire directory structure, etc. (I'll strip out the images and nfo's to keep it small).

All of my 2.1.3 testing was solely with TV Shows, but just updated to 2.1.4 and figured I'd start my testing with Movies this time. To start with, I made a mirror of my movie structure to get the nfo's and images (minus the actual video) and put in the fake avi in its place to see if your software would import the nfo's that I exported from XBMC a few months ago (not all the movies had them).

My movies are in: \MovieName (YEAR)\MovieName (YEAR).avi
and it's detecting them as MovieName () or MovieName () [YEAR] and either way that appears to be breaking it. If I try to run it automated it doesn't detect the movies properly since I have to manually remove the () from each file name and save it, then scrape to get the info to show up, even if there's already an nfo in the directory. With all the random stuff I've tried to get this working, the only way it appears to take the nfo into consideration is if I click the "Load from XBMC Nfo file" manually from each movie and have to navigate to the folder it's in (it keeps defaulting to the My Docs folder instead of current, which is annoying as hell).

Sorry if I'm missing anything helpful, it's 3am here and my meds are kicking my @$$. Big Grin

My 'end goal' of this is to get all the images and *.nfo's I need for my media so I can use those for imports later.

P.S. Sadly I don't remember which virus it claimed, but it was in reference to the banner for the TV show "Pulse" (TVDB ID 167421) with Symantec Endpoint Protection with the latest virus definitions.

- xyber - 2011-03-17

zephyrtear Wrote:Is anyone else getting tons of duplicates when loading images for movies after this last update??
Did i do something wrong with the update?

Sorry about that. Before 2.1.3, TMDB added some new image sizes and the lib I was using to communicate with 'em was hard coded for certain sizes only and caused xmm to crash cause of the new sizes. In my haste to fix this I messed up and all sizes defaulted to being the "original" which is what is used by xmm, so thumbs, and other sizes are now showing up in that list of images.

Anyway, fixed Wink
http://www.plyoung.com/projects/xmm2/

- xyber - 2011-03-17

Archigos Wrote:xyber, if you want, I can provide you with the tv/movie blanks I use that way you can see the entire directory structure, etc. (I'll strip out the images and nfo's to keep it small).

I'll PM you with my email addy so you can send me that structure.

The problem you are having with ( ) might be cause you do not have the regex to clean that up...

Quote:When a new movie gets added, it adds () to the title. XMM is not finding my movies.
If you have () in the title, XMM will not remove it by default. I forgot to incl it in the default cleanup expression.
That might happen if you had a movie folder that looks something like this "Hackers (2001)" where () is used inside the name.

Go to Config -> Regex tab and under "Cleanup Pattern" add the following additional lines (don't edit or remove the current lines).

(\(.*\))
({.*})

These should remove {} and () in addition to []
I originally wrote the app to only work with folders names "Movie [year]" or "Movie Name alone" but it does have some ability to clean up the folder via those regex mentioned above. You might have to remove the Group and re-add it for the new regex to kick in since xmm will just skip any folders it knows off already when you use Tools -> Active Group -> Scan Folders and would not apply the new cleanup.

- Archigos - 2011-03-17

I'll send you a PM in a minute with the info and I'll give the RegEx a try in a few minutes... still waiting on some of the meds to kind of 'clear' my head... (I hate this crap).

Thanks for the help.

--Edit--
I went into the RegEx settings as mentioned above and noticed the first line you have already in the settings but in case there was a difference I couldn't notice, I deleted that line and pasted the two from your last post. After removing and re-adding the group it appears to have fixed the problem as the movies appear to be listed as MovieName [YEAR], although some don't include [YEAR]. I noticed it still doesn't like the movie 2012 (2009) as it thinks the movie has no name and was made in 2012... Oh well.

- zephyrtear - 2011-03-17

xyber Wrote:Sorry about that. Before 2.1.3, TMDB added some new image sizes and the lib I was using to communicate with 'em was hard coded for certain sizes only and caused xmm to crash cause of the new sizes. In my haste to fix this I messed up and all sizes defaulted to being the "original" which is what is used by xmm, so thumbs, and other sizes are now showing up in that list of images.

Anyway, fixed Wink
http://www.plyoung.com/projects/xmm2/

Thank you so much!! Big Grin

- pcvii - 2011-03-18

One thing i noticed is one of the other programs I used for meta data made movie foldernames "Moviename (Year)" and when I scan the folder for the first time all the movies are listed as "Moviename ()" Tongue So I gotta go threw and delete all the ()'s so It can scrape

- Archigos - 2011-03-18

pcvii Wrote:One thing i noticed is one of the other programs I used for meta data made movie foldernames "Moviename (Year)" and when I scan the folder for the first time all the movies are listed as "Moviename ()" Tongue So I gotta go threw and delete all the ()'s so It can scrape

That's the part that we were just talking about.... you don't have to manually remove the " ()" from each. Instead, go to the RegEx section in Options and in the middle part delete the last time than paste in the two lines from below. Afterwards remove the source for your movies and add it again, it'll be fixed on the new initial scan.

Code:
(\(.*\))
({.*})

The top line may be identical to what was already in there but some reason it didn't work for me until I removed that and pasted the two lines together.

errors when auto rename :( - pcvii - 2011-03-18

When I goto Tools -> Active Group -> Auto Rename -> Yes

I get an error box that says "An Error Occurred While Scraping."

I checked the log.

It's stopped on different ones before the current one it is stopping on is.

\raw deal [1986] => \Raw Deal [1986]
g:\media\video\movies\Raw Deal [1986]

I can go click on raw deal specificly and right click => rename(+subitems) and it worked.

------

The very next movie RED (2010). When I right click => rename(+subitems). I get an unhandled exception.

StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter Name: start Index.
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at xMM2.MediaItem.GetRename()
   at xMM2.MainForm.RenameItemPath(WaitForm wf, MediaItem item, Boolean recursive)
   at xMM2.MainForm.auroRenamesubitemsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

I was thinking this could be because RED was checked as a collection for some reason. Though I unchecked "this is a collection" box and still got the error.

I got the same error when "Replacements, The" (2000) it was also detected as a collection.

- Archigos - 2011-03-19

From what I noticed, all my movies that are in their own folder default as being part of their own collection, it hasn't seemed to cause me problems yet. However I haven't scraped any results back into XBMC to check them out. One thing I noticed is that the program can't seem to scrape the movie "The Mummy (1999)" since their are two many listed in the manual scrape, but the correct one is not and I can't figure out how to pull more so I can find it.

Sorry for typos, etc. I'm writing this on my iPad

- pcvii - 2011-03-19

Well out of all the movies i have those 2 are the only ones I seem to notice problems with.

I'm not sure why the renaming everything would throw a scraping error since It's not scraping it's renaming.

I was thinking collection might be part of it because both of those movies were detected as a collection and both of those folders only have one movie file. there was a sample file but I deleted it.

Similar or Same error happened with Burn Notice - pcvii - 2011-03-21

Left Clicked Burn Notice => Right Clicked Burn Notice => Clicked Rename(+SubItems) => Error Pops up.

Code:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Code:
StartIndex cannot be less than zero.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at xMM2.MediaItem.GetRename()
   at xMM2.MainForm.auroRenamesubitemsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
xMM2
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Robert%20Russell/Downloads/xmm2/xMM2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.66.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.66.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Robert%20Russell/Downloads/xmm2/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
TechNuts
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Robert%20Russell/Downloads/xmm2/TechNuts.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
TheMovieDBLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Robert%20Russell/Downloads/xmm2/TheMovieDBLib.DLL
TvdbLib
    Assembly Version: 0.8.8.0
    Win32 Version: 0.8.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Robert%20Russell/Downloads/xmm2/TvdbLib.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Web
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4955 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- xyber - 2011-03-22

Archigos Wrote:From what I noticed, all my movies that are in their own folder default as being part of their own collection, it hasn't seemed to cause me problems yet. However I haven't scraped any results back into XBMC to check them out. One thing I noticed is that the program can't seem to scrape the movie "The Mummy (1999)" since their are two many listed in the manual scrape, but the correct one is not and I can't figure out how to pull more so I can find it.

Sorry for typos, etc. I'm writing this on my iPad

I've done a test and get 14 results with the 2nd one being The Mummy entry.
Just make sure that in the title field is "The Mummy" and in year field "1999" before you hit the scrape button, although, it does seem like the searcher now ignores the year since it returns other years.

The way it works is that I send the title and year to TMDB and the site do a search and returns the results. and I do not want to limit it in any way on my side so that it works similar to how you would see results if you did a search on the site - that is if their API and the site's search features work similar.