Kodi Community Forum
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=85696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Minor Feature Requests - Iristyle - 2011-04-10

Xyber -

Thanks for the useful tool. I have a couple of minor feature requests that would make the app easier to use with the keyboard.

- Please allow dismissing any of the modal dialogs with the Escape key. For instance, the 'Config' screen, the dialog used to pick images, etc.
- Please provide a keybinding for Save on the 'Edit Info' screen -- Ctrl-S is the standard there.
- Please provide a keybinding for opening the Fanart, Poster and Banner dialogs.
(Ctrl-F for fanart / Ctrl-T for poster [P is used for play already, O is usually mapped to an 'Open' action, S would be mapped to Save, T would be next available)
- Provide the count of downloaded images in the 'Edit Info' screen. Sometimes I'll click through to pick images, and it turns out there's only 1 image available, in which case I wouldn't bother.

And then there are a couple of other minor features which I think would improve the app.

- Sometimes, due to the way names appear in the file system vs online (i.e. file system restricted characters like ':' are used) titles can't be found. Sometimes it will be a foreign title or similar. It would be nice to have the ability to enter in the imdb / tmdb id manually and have it scrape. Usually in these edge cases, I can find the title in the online database, and would like to just give it the id and have it pull down the info and match things up for me.

- It would be nice to have buttons next to the scraper info that launched a browser directly to the url based on the titles id.

- It would be nice to have some sort of dirty checking on the Edit Info page. Right now it's not clear when an item must be saved or not. For instance -- does picking a new fanart require a save? I don't know, because there's nothing there to tell me.

Other than that, this thing basically rocks. Thanks again for providing such a great tool.

- xyber - 2011-04-11

Iristyle Wrote:Xyber -
- It would be nice to have some sort of dirty checking on the Edit Info page. Right now it's not clear when an item must be saved or not. For instance -- does picking a new fanart require a save? I don't know, because there's nothing there to tell me.

It is only needed when you make changes to the fields in the first "block" (the text fields, 2nd an 3rd being the media info and images).

- pcvii - 2011-04-12

when I was putting in custom info for a movie that wasn't in the movie db. I clicked save and it appeared to save it. I even exported the xbmc nfo. And when i restarted xmm2 the info wasn't there anymore. :/

I could load the nfo files info but when i restarted xmm2 the info was gone again.

- xyber - 2011-04-12

pcvii Wrote:when I was putting in custom info for a movie that wasn't in the movie db. I clicked save and it appeared to save it. I even exported the xbmc nfo. And when i restarted xmm2 the info wasn't there anymore. :/

I could load the nfo files info but when i restarted xmm2 the info was gone again.

I've tested and after a restart my manual changes are still there.
You did not perhaps run a scan before you checked the movie, cause that would obviously overwrite your changes if you did not lock the item (lock tells the scraper to not mess with the data for that item).

- mwkurt - 2011-05-05

xyber,

Could you please tell me what is the proper way to add new videos to a library that has already been scanned?
I have a rather large library of TV shows and it seems that when I add a new show to one of my directories, xmm2 will rescan every tv show taking much longer than I would like just to add another show. Is this proper? Perhaps I am not selecting the right menu option(s) when I just want to update the libary with a new TV Show. Is there a specific order of menu options that should be selected to keep this from happening. Could you or maybe someone else enlighten me as to what if anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mark

- xyber - 2011-05-05

If you add a new ep or season you can select that in the edit panel (right hand side and if in edit mode), you can select the season or ep from a list after you click on a button next to the save and other button on that panel. It might happen that the cache needs to be updated if the season/ep is not in that list or do not have complete info, in that case you need to right click ion the medial list and force and update.

Overall you should be able to lock shows so that they will not be scanned again, right click in the media list to see the locking options. There should also be options on the right click menu to tell the app to scan only the selected media item/folder.

- incadar - 2011-06-11

download link appears to be broken?

- xyber - 2011-06-11

Sorry, should have warned you guys. I'm updating my website over the weekend so the XMM page will be unavailable for a while. Try again tomorrow (12th).

[edit] Update complete, XMM2 page is back (see first post for link).

- pcvii - 2011-07-03

i was thinking a one button or menu item for "clear meta data" would be nice. as I couldn't seem to find one. one movie was scrapped incorrectly and I couldn't find a way to remove the data with out removing the movie and rescanning it.

- castortray - 2011-08-05

when new version xMM3 will be released Smile ?

- xyber - 2011-08-05

castortray Wrote:when new version xMM3 will be released Smile ?

Sadly not soon as I am using every waking hour to work on a game I am developing for my startup.

- Malexx - 2011-08-17

Didnt read the whole 33 Pages ......
but is there a command line option included now?
If not you asked what the command line should do ......- update library - scan for new movies

would be great if this will be included

- xyber - 2011-08-17

Malexx Wrote:Didnt read the whole 33 Pages ......
but is there a command line option included now?
If not you asked what the command line should do ......- update library - scan for new movies

would be great if this will be included

Sorry, there is no such feature.

- Dougie085 - 2011-08-18

There are many pages here so I'm not sure if this has been covered but, I have a movies folder and most of it is just single .mkv files that are all in one folder. However there are about 6 movies or so that are BD dumps or DVD dumps that have their own folders and file structure inside? When I scrap all it's finding are the ones with their own folders? Do I need to make a new folder that contains all the MKV's by them selves and have the folder structured ones in their own separate folder?

- Dougie085 - 2011-08-18

Nevermind I think I figured it out maybe.