Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- ppic - 2011-01-08

depends on what condition do you base it.
a list is available that contains tvshow names aired today, you can use strincompare on it for only show it on show that a aired today.

- blacklist - 2011-01-08

ppic Wrote:depends on what condition do you base it.
a list is available that contains tvshow names aired today, you can use strincompare on it for only show it on show that a aired today.

New Version:

I'm thinking this for the button on the TV Home. I think I'd like to find a way to show a list of upcoming shows (this week?). I know is possible (i like what ivegotdvds is doing, but that doesn't really fit with what I've got going on), so I just need to find a way to integrate it.

Then, on the tv browsing list... we can call the script for specific shows and tag them with the next air date. [Big Red Button]

I'd also like to be able to tag shows and seasons with "New Episode" when new episodes have been added (today? last X days?). [Splatter Icon on list]

- ppic - 2011-01-08

for the second part, that not the way the script work, it only launched at start and populate property, mcborzu is using string compare on these properties to display next aired date.
so one xml block for each condition they're almost limiting it on the 20 first script result ordered by air date.

But your id may be doable as now i know more about thread, or maybe by launching the script on each item, don't know the better skinning way of that, can we launch a script when browsing each item of a list ? maybe with a delay to prevent it to be launched more than one time.

- blacklist - 2011-01-08

blacklist Wrote:I'd also like to be able to tag shows and seasons with "New Episode" when new episodes have been added (today? last X days?). [Splatter Icon on list]

This is probably outside of the next aired script. I think its probably a more simple script that looks at the episode list of either a show, or a specific season and looks at the dates added to the dbase. If the eposode has been added in the last 5 days and is not marked as watched, then we display the "new episode" flag.

- blacklist - 2011-01-09

Taking another pass at the artists page for music.

I think I need to find a better way to integrate the "Radio" link. Basically just a button to play the artist's last.fm stream.
Personally, I'd love to put in some hefty last.fm integration, but I'm a last.fm nerd. (http://www.last.fm/user/expunk_atl) The problem with heavy integration with a site like that is that if you don't use it, you're missing out on a lot of the design.

I guess I could design a last.fm heavy version, and a non-integrated version. Hm.

On Tour link is meant to bring up a similar page to the music home - but specific tour dates for this artist. I'd love to do a heavier integration with this is as well. Maybe what I need is to make this an artist "home" screen... similar to the other Home screens... then link directly to discography as a separate page. Would allow me to add more rich content - but is going to create an extra click to get to an artists albums.

If there is no artist fanart, that's going to leave a big ugly hole. I wonder if we can detect that and alter the design accordingly?

Artist bio is too hard too read. Need to put something behind it or move it.

Thoughts?

- Drazzilb - 2011-01-09

You have some crazy ideas I'm so interested in this skin.

Your idea to have two versions is the most logical one to have seeing as everybody doesn't use last.fm.
I my self do but, it would give options and people love options.

I do love this page you have posted and the radio button seems fine to me my main question is.

Is this skin designed for mouse only or to have it on the big screen controlled by a remote as well?

- blacklist - 2011-01-09

Drazzilb Wrote:dude you have some crazy ideas I'm so interested in this skin but your idea
to have two versions is the most logical one to have seeing as everybody doesn't use last.fm i my self do
but it would give options and people love options.

I do love this page you have posted and the radio button seems fine to me my main question is " Is this skin designed for mouse only or to have it on the big screen controlled by a remote as well?"

Remote. Remote. Did I mention, Remote? I hate having to touch the mouse or keyboard on my htpc.

The page flow may take some getting used to for some people. Some people are going to hate it, but we work with what we have Big Grin

- Drazzilb - 2011-01-09

blacklist Wrote:Remote. Remote. Did I mention, Remote? I hate having to touch the mouse or keyboard on my htpc.

The page flow may take some getting used to for some people. Some people are going to hate it, but we work with what we have Big Grin

Sorry I'm watching so many different threads. you may of mentioned it and i missed it. I totally agree with you about not using a KB or Mouse for an HTPC. Defeats the purpose IMO

With last.fm integrated how are you wanting it to be heavily integrated?

How would it affect somebody who doesn't currently have a last.fm account?

How would the non-integrated version affect the users experience with your skin?

- blacklist - 2011-01-09

Drazzilb Wrote:Sorry I'm watching so many different threads. you may of mentioned it and i missed it. I totally agree with you about not using a KB or Mouse for an HTPC. Defeats the purpose IMO

With last.fm integrated how are you wanting it to be heavily integrated?

How would it affect somebody who doesn't currently have a last.fm account?

How would the non-integrated version affect the users experience with your skin?

No no, I didn't mean it like that, I was just being emphatic. The design as you see it there doesn't really rely on any last.fm integration. I'd like to add some things like:

Total Plays - Artist, Album and Song level
# Listeners - Artist, Album and Song level
Top Listeners -Artist, Album,and Song Level
(I want to link to their mix stream)
Similar Artists
Top Tracks - Choice of top plays from local library, or top plays from last.fm
(my last.fm plays are much more accurate since they include my mp3 player and my phone)

I know this is all possible from the last.fm node... but I don't want to have to go out and find it - I want to link directly there from an artist, album, or song's page. That's what I mean by tighter integration. I can weave it all in - its creating a version where I have to take it all out I'm not sure I want to do.

- Jezz_X - 2011-01-09

Blacklist hate to get off topic but the image in your signature looks weird without a transparent background it gets a big white block around it

- blacklist - 2011-01-09

Jezz_X Wrote:Blacklist hate to get off topic but the image in your signature looks weird without a transparent background it gets a big white block around it

Thanks Jezz! Tongue its the stupid image host. I need to put it somewhere else.
K

- blacklist - 2011-01-09

Brainstorm for use later: guitar picks for the icons. Place them under the artist name.

- Drazzilb - 2011-01-09

blacklist Wrote:No no, I didn't mean it like that, I was just being emphatic. The design as you see it there doesn't really rely on any last.fm integration. I'd like to add some things like:

Total Plays - Artist, Album and Song level
# Listeners - Artist, Album and Song level
Top Listeners -Artist, Album,and Song Level
(I want to link to their mix stream)
Similar Artists
Top Tracks - Choice of top plays from local library, or top plays from last.fm
(my last.fm plays are much more accurate since they include my mp3 player and my phone)

I know this is all possible from the last.fm node... but I don't want to have to go out and find it - I want to link directly there from an artist, album, or song's page. That's what I mean by tighter integration. I can weave it all in - its creating a version where I have to take it all out I'm not sure I want to do.

Well then honestly keep it in. Somebody who really wants this skin might just be inclined to set up a last.fm account just to get the full functionality of the skin. Even if they don't do the music side of the skin then there is no harm no foul there.

The way you kind of have it set up its kind of a prerequisite to use the skin and that's perfectly fine for something of the caliber.

That's just my opinion.

- blacklist - 2011-01-10

Still not convinced... not sure how this is going to shape up.

In other news, I got a Gibson Explorer today. I'll be in the basement making the walls shake for a while....

- XBMCG33K - 2011-01-10

Use tinypic for your sigpic blacklist.