Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- ppic - 2011-01-16

that's for this use too yes

- mcborzu - 2011-01-16

ronie Wrote:maybe we can use the next aired script for it.
if a show is available in the next aired list, it's a continuing series.

I thought about asking ppic, the ended field isnt is the script i believe, but what limit do we put on how many shows to store 50, 100, 200? As some people have BIG libraries. Plus we have do to stringcompares so thats alot of code for 100 matches, do we want all that work?

- Hitcher - 2011-01-16

ronie Wrote:'fraid not. update percentage is not available to the skin in xbmc.
you could create a feature request for it though...

ronie, could you do it this way?

Have a folder of images for the needle at positions 0-100 and then use -

PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[Control.GetLabel(404),gauge/,.png]</texture

- ronie - 2011-01-16

mcborzu Wrote:I thought about asking ppic, the ended field isnt is the script i believe
nope, if it's ended, the show is not listed by the next aired script at all.
so no problem there as far as i can tell.

mcborzu Wrote:but what limit do we put on how many shows to store 50, 100, 200? As some people have BIG libraries.
we only have to worry about continuing tv series...so how many running shows would/could one have in their library?

i've limited it to 20 in paperstreet.

mcborzu Wrote:Plus we have do to stringcompares so thats alot of code for 100 matches, do we want all that work?

i agree, but can't think of a better way.

maybe ppic could set up the script in a different way?
like, have it run all the time and monitor the currently focused item in a list
and set the window properties on the fly?

i came across something related recently:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86262

- ronie - 2011-01-16

Hitcher Wrote:ronie, could you do it this way?

Have a folder of images for the needle at positions 0-100 and then use -

PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[Control.GetLabel(404),gauge/,.png]</texture

good thinking!

Control.GetLabel(404) indeed returns the current percentage. :-)

cheers mate.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-16

No problem.

I'm keeping a close eye on this skin. Wink

- blacklist - 2011-01-16

Hitcher Wrote:No problem.

I'm keeping a close eye on this skin. Wink

I've got an extra Jersey if you're joining the team Hitch. Wink

- Hitcher - 2011-01-16

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see it's progress but as I've just started work on another skin I couldn't really offer any help.

- ppic - 2011-01-16

ronie Wrote:nope, if it's ended, the show is not listed by the next aired script at all.
so no problem there as far as i can tell.

we only have to worry about continuing tv series...so how many running shows would/could one have in their library?

i've limited it to 20 in paperstreet.

i agree, but can't think of a better way.

maybe ppic could set up the script in a different way?
like, have it run all the time and monitor the currently focused item in a list
and set the window properties on the fly?

i came across something related recently:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86262

that a way, i've been thinking too, came to me when working on artist stuff.

wouldn't be bad, that's kind of way i use with tvtunes.

for ended show, i can provide a list by the script for your strincompare.
if the show doesn't appear on next aired list, this doesn't mean it's ended, maybe the script haven't be able to get the info

- blacklist - 2011-01-16

Hitcher Wrote:I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see it's progress but as I've just started work on another skin I couldn't really offer any help.

Oh I totally understand, I was really just teasing. Wink I'm sure we can find a way to keep you up to date...

- Oddsodz - 2011-01-17

This may be a bit late in the game. But will this skin be 16:10 wide screen format compatible? I Have pointed this out in the skin "Night" and "Aeon". On screen displays that or not 16:9 but 16:10, The format of all images gets stretched vertically. Making all aspect ratio of images (fanart/CD Covers/TV Show Banners/Movie posters) look bad. Not by much. But it is noticeable. This is one pet hate of mine. All that goodness get ruined by such a silly little thing. Will this skin have the same issue?

- ronie - 2011-01-17

Oddsodz Wrote:Will this skin have the same issue?

yes. all skins are designed to be run @ 16x9.
we'd have to make too many concessions if we had to take other resolutions into account.

- tungmeister - 2011-01-17

Oddsodz Wrote:This may be a bit late in the game. But will this skin be 16:10 wide screen format compatible? I Have pointed this out in the skin "Night" and "Aeon". On screen displays that or not 16:9 but 16:10, The format of all images gets stretched vertically. Making all aspect ratio of images (fanart/CD Covers/TV Show Banners/Movie posters) look bad. Not by much. But it is noticeable. This is one pet hate of mine. All that goodness get ruined by such a silly little thing. Will this skin have the same issue?

Slightly off topic but depending on your graphics card you could disable scaling to your monitor and set a 16:9 resolution - this would result in black bars at the top and bottom but the skin would be displayed in the correct aspect ratio.

- Japaja - 2011-01-17

What if I have Philips Ultra-Widescreen 21:9 Cinema LCD? Wink

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I follow every new post, it's the most interesting WIP skin. Specially since your making it more then just a skin with all the features/tweaks.

- MarkTaunton - 2011-01-17

Just out of curiosity, is there any idea of what the user sign in screens would look like?

Personally I think a bookshelf with obviously the same books with names on the spines would look excellent, or just a stack of books.

Either that or having the user accounts on the front of the book.

Regards

Mark