Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2011-01-17

MarkTaunton Wrote:Just out of curiosity, is there any idea of what the user sign in screens would look like?

Personally I think a bookshelf with obviously the same books with names on the spines would look excellent, or just a stack of books.

Either that or having the user accounts on the front of the book.

Regards

Mark

No clue yet, but added the idea to the repository.

I'm currently struggling with animations. Getting in and out of some of these screens is much harder than it looks,

- rflores2323 - 2011-01-17

Man I cant wait till this skin is out. what are the systems that this is being tested on? Hope it works on ions like teh revo 3610.

- blacklist - 2011-01-18

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

High res album art downloader. Big Grin

- blacklist - 2011-01-18

rflores2323 Wrote:Man I cant wait till this skin is out. what are the systems that this is being tested on? Hope it works on ions like teh revo 3610.

Just a couple dev versions out right now, nothing in a testing mode quite yet.

- alshain - 2011-01-18

blacklist Wrote:http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

High res album art downloader. Big Grin

This one works very well, however, it does need human assistance Wink I.e. there are too many false positives to automate what it does fully, but virtually always, there's a few good ones.

- blacklist - 2011-01-18

alshain Wrote:This one works very well, however, it does need human assistance Wink I.e. there are too many false positives to automate what it does fully, but virtually always, there's a few good ones.

Yeah, I found the same thing myself. I'm not fond of the interface either - way too many open windows and not really all that user friendly. I do like those 1000x1000 album covers though Big Grin

- dunpealhunter - 2011-01-18

Wow this skin looks amazing. I like the idea of both trakt and last.fm integration into the skin. I can't wait for the final product. When do you think it will be ready?

Do you also have a bar in video's that you can use with your mouse to go to specific parts of a video? I miss that in almost every skin i see. The only skin that i found that has something remotely like that is transparency with the scrollweel.

- Pr.Sinister - 2011-01-18

ronie Wrote:we only have to worry about continuing tv series...so how many running shows would/could one have in their library?

i've limited it to 20 in paperstreet.

My Sick Beard Footer :

525 shows (233 active) | 18332/20557 episodes downloaded

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

ronie Wrote:i've limited it to 20 in paperstreet.

I'm thinking that 20 might be too few. I can tell you that 20 runs absolutly acceptably fast... I'd like to scale it up to 50, then 100 and see how that works.

Or heck, make it user-configurable. Then you can run it up until your monitor starts to bleed Tongue

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

dunpealhunter Wrote:Wow this skin looks amazing. I like the idea of both trakt and last.fm integration into the skin. I can't wait for the final product. When do you think it will be ready?

Not a clue. The flippant answer is "when its done." The better answer is: There is still a lot of development to go before we get a stable, working version.

Quote:Do you also have a bar in video's that you can use with your mouse to go to specific parts of a video? I miss that in almost every skin i see. The only skin that i found that has something remotely like that is transparency with the scrollweel.

Not sure what you mean by this, I'll have to fire up transparancy and see. Ronie and I discussed mouse support a while back and its not something I'm really designing for, but would be willing to make some tweaks if we can make it too work without sacrificing the design process.

Wait, wait - if you're talking about some kind of seek-bar I think the answer is no. Take a look at the OSD design and you'll see that I'm using some gauges and things to show progress. I don't think this would be compatible with what you're asking for.

- mcborzu - 2011-01-19

blacklist Wrote:I'm thinking that 20 might be too few. I can tell you that 20 runs absolutly acceptably fast... I'd like to scale it up to 50, then 100 and see how that works.

Or heck, make it user-configurable. Then you can run it up until your monitor starts to bleed Tongue

I use 30 for Night and The Carmichael, my thoughts were 50 TV Shows is a big library - assuming 30 active, 20 finished...

I wish XBMC had a way to gather stats I'm curious what the average Library size is...

- ppic - 2011-01-19

for myself: 120+ tv shows. always around 30 next aired infos returned by the script (so add add some show actually in error)

i may re-think the addon code in a backend as tvtune is doing, so you'll only have to launch the backend when entering my videonav, on each item focused, my script will push the properties you want, this way:
you'll have really less code to to
if property empty, you don't have to display it
no more 20+ repeat lines in code.

sounds good to you ?

edit: ho yes i forgot !
i also planned to change source, no id on tvrage, search sometime difficult, leads to some errors in show recognization.
i've ask to track.tv authors to use their api this way i would have been able to interact with shout, maybe notation, etc... really lots of things.
but the only response i've got so far was kind of "we almost take our info on tvdb, if you want, we can help you", clearly, they don't seem to want the script to be on their api...
sad because i don't want to scrappe multiple source, and i could have deliver to skin more interaction with community ...
i'm a bit disapointed, so for now i really don't know what to do, maybe i'll try to take infos on tvdb, but my first try show me that it will be really slower to update (i need to download total info of the show to take just one little part...)

here i am.

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

ppic Wrote:for myself: 120+ tv shows. always around 30 next aired infos returned by the script (so add add some show actually in error)

i may re-think the addon code in a backend as tvtune is doing, so you'll only have to launch the backend when entering my videonav, on each item focused, my script will push the properties you want, this way:
you'll have really less code to to
if property empty, you don't have to display it
no more 20+ repeat lines in code.

sounds good to you ?

edit: ho yes i forgot !
i also planned to change source, no id on tvrage, search sometime difficult, leads to some errors in show recognization.
i've ask to track.tv authors to use their api this way i would have been able to interact with shout, maybe notation, etc... really lots of things.
but the only response i've got so far was kind of "we almost take our info on tvdb, if you want, we can help you", clearly, they don't seem to want the script to be on their api...
sad because i don't want to scrappe multiple source, and i could have deliver to skin more interaction with community ...
i'm a bit disapointed, so for now i really don't know what to do, maybe i'll try to take infos on tvdb, but my first try show me that it will be really slower to update (i need to download total info of the show to take just one little part...)

here i am.

Yeah, for some reason the trakt.tv guys seem a little reluctant to let people pull data from their API. I'm a little disappointed in that as well because I would like to see comentary and community statistics available to the skin.

The set up now seems to work pretty well, but I see where your going with the ideas and like it.

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

334 shows (156 active) | 10486/22233 episodes downloaded

- dunpealhunter - 2011-01-19

blacklist Wrote:Not sure what you mean by this, I'll have to fire up transparancy and see. Ronie and I discussed mouse support a while back and its not something I'm really designing for, but would be willing to make some tweaks if we can make it too work without sacrificing the design process.

Wait, wait - if you're talking about some kind of seek-bar I think the answer is no. Take a look at the OSD design and you'll see that I'm using some gauges and things to show progress. I don't think this would be compatible with what you're asking for.

Okay, i can live with that. If you don't want to install a seek-bar than how about the scroll wheel that you can use to go back and forth in a video? You don't have to add anything to your design for that right? I am sure that i am not the only one who thinks that would be a great addition to your skin.