Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project) (/showthread.php?tid=90682)

- killerpoptart - 2011-03-12

Hi,

I'm recently downloaded EMM and was playing around with it because XBMC didn't scrape the artwork i liked. The problem I'm having is that i'll update the artwork in EMM but it won't actually update in XBMC. It keeps the original artwork that i had initially had XBMC scrape. Could anyone tell me how to fix this? I tried searching through the forums, but it's a little overwhelming. Thanks!

- C5525 - 2011-03-12

killerpoptart Wrote:Hi,

I'm recently downloaded EMM and was playing around with it because XBMC didn't scrape the artwork i liked. The problem I'm having is that i'll update the artwork in EMM but it won't actually update in XBMC. It keeps the original artwork that i had initially had XBMC scrape. Could anyone tell me how to fix this? I tried searching through the forums, but it's a little overwhelming. Thanks!

While you are on the movie in XBMC, push "i". This will let you rescrape the movie to what Ember has put in the directory

- killerpoptart - 2011-03-13

Bingo! That's what i need :-) Thank you very much!

- tiwas - 2011-03-13

Something's gone wrong in the settings, but I cannot change or remove the path set up. Where does ember store these?

Cheers!

- KOROR - 2011-03-13

My vote: Option #3 - Combine Rogue's scraper features into EMM-r's native scraper, thereby creating a new unified scraper of both.

- KOROR - 2011-03-13

I can't get Ember-r to scrabe tv shows, is this not supported yet?

- myjonboy - 2011-03-14

chris2k Wrote:Please, fix the trailer bug, that is the most important option for me atm.

steve1977 Wrote:Agree! Hope to hear good news soon!!!

Agree with chris2k and steve1977. Any way this feature might be fixed in the future?

Thanks again for the great program!

- spong_miester - 2011-03-14

Does anyone else have this problem: When a movie is scraped DVD's to be specific in the source box the i type DVD it changes the info to a DVD (nice little logo and everything) but for some apparent reason it refuses to save this info

Any ideas would be nice

- PBoD - 2011-03-14

MrLobster Wrote:There is a problem with windows DPI and any Fixed GUI windows (selecting banners mainly). The windows dont account for the dpi and extend beyond what i can access. I lose the ok and cancel buttons.

also some windows cant fit on a 720p screen, with me needing to autohide the taskbar to access the butoons (ok,cancel,etc). Width isnt a problem, so maybe the gui needs go more widescreen.

Also I dont get the option to scrape all my tv shows at once, only individually (right click each one).

oaz1 Wrote:I dont belive it..., someone has the same problem as i does!! The Buttons are missing! First i though my .net framework is broken but its not, after i tried a different solution but does not help!!

Please fix this, i think its a gread tool!!

This is an original Ember bug, one that I (partially) solved, but continues. Are you both experiencing this same bug/ticket? If that doesn't cover it, would you mind adding a new ticket with the details of which windows don't have buttons displayed properly?

Try to list the title of the window (what is the text in the top title bar?) so we can narrow down which windows need editing. It's a pretty simply fix, but we need feedback. FYI, developer bugail is working on this issue.

- PBoD - 2011-03-14

steve1977 Wrote:Can anyone confirm that the youtube-trailer update is working again? I tried with all different scrapers, but doesn't get it running. This feature is critical for me. Please help ;-)

Randall Lind Wrote:doesn't show any thing been coming up blank for a couple days I just thought there was no trailer for the movie.

SirBC Wrote:Yeah, getting the same thing.

F0x123 Wrote:Yeah worked for me neither Sad

No trailers, also with suggested command line. But EMM saves some links like

rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/g4O/DkzMV5BMTg4ODkzOTYwOF5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwNDQxNTE1Mg4040?e=1299659518&h=07ecb00bddd22f6ec7c2fe0fb31736a0

but I did not chose the option just to fetch the links. Any other fix?

PS: I also tried these files TMDBx64_2404.rar

Hellyeah Wrote:just wanted to say thank you for this app! can't wait to get trailers back working but awesome app for sure!!

thanks again

steve1977 Wrote:Same here. Anyone knows of a workaround for trailers? Anyone working on a fix?

chris2k Wrote:Please, fix the trailer bug, that is the most important option for me atm.
Btw, I use YAMJ for the jukebox and EMM does not get the right posters/banners for the TV series.
The result is that most of the banners are cropped.
Any plan to look into that ?

Thanks for your work !

myjonboy Wrote:Agree with chris2k and steve1977. Any way this feature might be fixed in the future?

Thanks again for the great program!

Guys, I want to help, I really do, but I need to you report these bugs to the SourceForge project ticket app. Currently, none of the developers (except for the ones who read through this 15+ page thread regularly) know about this problem because it hasn't been reported to the project, even though all of you posted it in this thread. Why hasn't anyone filled out a ticket/bug report for this problem? According to the project, this bug doesn't exist.

What this ticket/bug report does is create a "to-do" list for developers, which we can prioritize and assign, in order to fix the problem as quickly as possible. In fact, YOU can set the priority for us when you report the bug (scale from 1-5, least to most important).

So please, please report any and every problem you're having with EMM-r as a bug/ticket. Don't worry about making a mistake, even if you suspect the error to be your fault/configuration, we'll look into it! Just try it. It's okay, really. If it's an actual bug, we'll fix it faster. If it's your fault, you can create a FAQ page so other EMM-r users won't make the same mistake.

Thanks for understanding.

- PBoD - 2011-03-14

Randall Lind Wrote:If Rouge is scarpering the same thing as the ember default one I say then replace the default. I would think adding it has a 3rd option in the code would be good instead of having to download a dll file.

TugboatBill Wrote:I'm partial to option 3. I don't see any reason to have 2 scrapers that scrape the same sites/language.

bobrap Wrote:+1

njumlin Wrote:Agree

grumbler Wrote:Last time I checked I think the Rogue Scraper was missing the option to scrape the OFDB for german titles and plots.
Thats the only reason I would like to stick with the old scraper.
So no matter what option is choosen, please leave the OFDB capabilites available

Thanks for the feedback!
I'll be integrating Rogue's scraper into EMM-r as you suggested. Initially (due to grumbler's "international" language suggestion), Rogue's scraper will be included as an additional option on install. You can expect this as a new release in a week or so. Eventually, after we fix the language compatibility issues, Rogue and EMM-r native scrapers will be combined into one. You can expect this as a new release in 2-4 weeks.
Thanks again for the feedback.

- yambro - 2011-03-15

Hi there,

in this thread, we've announced a new Android app, that uses EMM® database files on your phone for offline browsing (that means: no connection to XBMC etc. necessary).

We're waiting for your feedback ;-)

- chris2k - 2011-03-15

Just created a ticket now for the trailer bug Smile
Thanks for pointing it out !

- adriank99 - 2011-03-15

Thanks for keeping the ember media project going! If the ember project has been dropped whats gonna be the next up incoming? Is MIP coming with something new?

- Randall Lind - 2011-03-15

I tried all the Media tools out there and Ember seems to be the best. I use that and therenamer between these XBMC has no issues reading my files.