Kodi Community Forum
[iPad] XBMC on iPad 4.2.1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [iPad] XBMC on iPad 4.2.1 (/showthread.php?tid=91251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- compcentral - 2011-01-21

Fire69 Wrote:Isn't this guide good enough? Huh
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Install_XBMC_on_iPhone/iPad

Perfect... never thought to look in the wiki.. duh!

Thanks!

- Fire69 - 2011-01-21

maltloaf Wrote:you can scroll a list by holding your finger towards the right of the list and waiting for the bar to appear, then drag up and down.

Double tap brings up the context menu for me

Yes! Thanks! Big Grin

Already tried doubletapping, but never on an item in the list. Doing that just sends you back to the homescreen... Laugh

- markus3000 - 2011-01-21

Will this play avi/mkv file straight from the ipad or is it only for streaming from the local network?

- Halopend - 2011-01-21

markus3000 Wrote:Will this play avi/mkv file straight from the ipad or is it only for streaming from the local network?

Does both. Either than some interface issues and no web-sever, it's amazingly fully featured.

- mattfl - 2011-01-21

markus3000 Wrote:Will this play avi/mkv file straight from the ipad or is it only for streaming from the local network?

I added the location of some files I had for the VLC player and it played them just fine right on the iPad!

- solidunit - 2011-01-21

Are subs working ? Crashes out for me when I play any of my anime mkv's

- brownstein - 2011-01-21

Does auto-orientation work? I like to keep the home button on the right in landscape orientation and that is the way it is designed with my zoogue case but currently I have to flip it upside down with xbmc.

BTW thanks for the tips on scrolling and context, works great!

- maltloaf - 2011-01-21

solidunit Wrote:Are subs working ? Crashes out for me when I play any of my anime mkv's

one of the mkv's I tried had subs on and they worked fine. The option was on by default i think.

brownstein Wrote:Does auto-orientation work? I like to keep the home button on the right in landscape orientation and that is the way it is designed with my zoogue case but currently I have to flip it upside down with xbmc.

I'd like to be able to flip the other way too, as my case works better the other way up. I've not managed to make it do it yet though.

- mattfl - 2011-01-21

brownstein Wrote:Does auto-orientation work? I like to keep the home button on the right in landscape orientation and that is the way it is designed with my zoogue case but currently I have to flip it upside down with xbmc.

Haven't been able to get auto rotation working either. Even locking the orientation doesn't work.

- Wingie - 2011-01-21

I don't think XBMC app is made for another orientation than the horizontal one.

I've tried to install transparency skin and this works but after changing the home menu bar to be horizontal, i'm no longer able the select a menu item because the menu won't scroll.

I don't know what gesture is used for scrolling left/right (on a remote) the normal gesture for left is getting you back in menu's. Double tap for context menu.

Anyone know's a solution otherwise i will reinstall xbmc to go back to confluence.

- flamez - 2011-01-21

flamez Wrote:Mine is same too. 10.0-1 same.

Well its was late last night i was really excited to see XBMC ported to Ipad that i did not notice i needed to be running 4.2.1 IOS !!! I was still at 3.2.2 Jailbroken. I stayed at 3.2.2 because i didn't want to have tethered jailbreak. So i guess i will have to wait.

Is Joggler a good candidate for xbmc on the ipad?

flamez Wrote:Well its was late last night i was really excited to see XBMC ported to Ipad that i did not notice i needed to be running 4.2.1 IOS !!! I was still at 3.2.2 Jailbroken. I stayed at 3.2.2 because i didn't want to have tethered jailbreak. So i guess i will have to wait.

There is an untethered redsn0w as well, it is what I am using.

Link

- Microsaft - 2011-01-21

My iPad is quite new - never did a jailbreak. Bought it with 4.2.1.
Can i use that redsnow version (0.9.7b6)? Do i need older shsh blobs?

You are fine, you need a downloaded copy of firmware 4.2.1 as well as 4.2b3 if you want to do the monte (untethered) jailbreak.

You should be able to google those if you need them.

Edit: See next post.
Quote:You cannot do a monte untether if you don't have 4.2b3 shsh's stored either locally or on saurik's server.

Thanks maltloaf, I didn't know that but don't want anyone to be misinformed. I had clicked on the "make my life easier" button ages ago in cydia so saurik has my shsh blobs.