• 1(current)
Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens
Hi,

First, I want to thank the developers for all the good thing about this software, especially what happened in the last 3 years.

I made a xbmc Skin for this one (O2-Joggler Hardware) . I hope the performance is good Smile - Now that the demand increases I now had to open a therad. (and sorry for my bad English)
Since I only own hardware Joggler as touch, I can only test here. But should be well suited for larger screens. I think up to 15 "LCD's
There is also a positive side effect that the user has become more comfortable with the mouse.
I want to mention that it is now possible to touch not only, but to slide with your finger. As an example, the scrollbar or the transparent button for context menu.
I will try in the change-log to document all the necessary Smile
On my Joggler actually is DHARMA-10.1 installed ! Ubuntu

As I see the need, I will discuss in the near future here are some transparent hidden buttons and functions. This will then provide postings with the same title, almost a little tutorial with pictures.

The pictures here in the first two postings I have copied from another forum and still not belong to me just announced by the tutorialSmile

At the Confluence Touch ME! I will no longer continue working. First, I lack the time. Secondly, I have neglected the work for months and it is now very difficult to catch up the back.

I know I have 2 major bugs in the skin ... I'm still searching at this Smile

sometimes the playercontrol on no reason get focused/ pop up. Him get away again to be changed in the visualization. The top right of the button.
http://www.wuala.com/djtoll/xbmcdjtoll/J...e=download

Then does not chop scrollbar properly, pull the shivers. This then helps to refresh the skin.
http://www.wuala.com/djtoll/xbmcdjtoll/J...e=download

----------------------------------

Installing the Xbmc skin! (only with add-ons supported xbmc) - currently is actual v 1.2.38 ore TEST vers. 1.2.39
Vers.0.21 coming very soon with a nice surprise, I've wanted for a long time

djtoll ADD-ON Repo Link http://content.wuala.com/contents/autoba...l.zip?dl=1

Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Start xbmc / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository

more screens comes later here: http://www.wuala.com/djtoll/xbmcdjtoll/J...n/screens/

important Button at the bottom right, it makes the list bigger.

bigger List at File-Manager

EDIT:

- fix - size problem MPAA -> with German FSK icon.
- delete - all color Themes. Own download Link
- delete - all Genre icons. A Download File-Pack will come soon. EDIT: Done

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Movie Info Button (move with fingers/Pen in the center Cover - open the dialog window with Movie Infos, at the Top "T" - trailer Button if trailer are aviable.

Image is always the CONTEXT MENU BUTTON

add new View (only MusicDatabase and Playlist) - 3DCover Wheel-CD
add new dialog window to change the Views & a Button for "Next" View

comming with next update ... skin.joggler-0.18.zip (ore you use the small update, it is now online, when you have the 0.17)

Test it ! Smile
Skin.JOGGLER
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
sascho Wrote:Hey Djtoll,

I tried your joggler skin now. I used the version from yesterday and first thank you for that, its really good. I never thought I get the touch running like this!!!

But you know there are always things to improve and I want to share my experiences:

1. I am missing the context menu for using it at files and folders i.e.! In the moment I use the touch control of the driver to emulate the right mouse by holding the screen pressed a while. Than the context menu comes up, but I need than 2 presses on a command to execute.

2. When in full screen (video is running) and pressing on the screen the upper osd comes up but immediately dissapear again. Than every press the osd goes on and off like it should. Just the first time I have to press two times.

3. At the main menu with alternativ view (panel view 1 or 2) and in the background a movie is running. Normally when I press on the screen it should go in full screen mode. But it goes in the last marked topic (movie,pictures...).

4. While in file mode, I am missing in the list view and thumb view the big panel on the right to scrolling fast up/down. There is only the original blue one and the two arrow buttons to page up/down.

So thats enough, hope this is helpfull!

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS !!!

1. in many views is the big Image "M" transparent. slide when it becomes more focused, and then can be pressed. Screenshots of the different positions where it is coming up.

2. Have you an O2 Joggler ? Presumably you practice from a double click? First click OSD, second click osd disappears ... I've thought of the times. wait a few seconds and it should disappear. My right click works very bad on the Joggler (3-5 sec time difference) ... do not understand how I can adapt better, but it need not necessarily because all function buttons on the skin with a simple click.

3. Here I guess you practice from a right click. The skin of the object to the last menu returns. Test this with the mouse, so I have come to this conclusion.

4. Here I need a screenshot / photo if possible, I'm not sure what you mean.
Skin.JOGGLER
remedee Wrote:@djtoll Very nice work! I really like a lot of what you're doing with the touch mods for Confluence and with Joggler. There are a few issues I have that are keeping me from using it every day. Some are technical, but most are visual and very much just my opinion. Overall everything is much better than anything I could do Smile Here are a few of my issues with Jobbler:

Scrolling still seems a bit off in file views, touching and dragging the scrollbar doesn't always work.
The playing panel pops up from the left side when closing the now playing OSD using touch. It doesn't happen when using the mouse.
Also, the OSD is much larger and off to the left in Jobbler than it is in the Confluence mod. I think the Confluence one looks a bit better.
The now playing info when on the home screen is a bit high and large on the lower right and it overlaps the music controls a little bit. Perhaps lowering it some and maybe making the album icon a bit smaller might look better.
The reload skin button on the home screen is up and to the left of the other buttons, instead of in line with them as on the alternate views.
I personally like the alternate views better, but is there a way you would consider skinning and/or centering them, rather than aligning to the left?

As I said in a previous post, I have been using the Basics-101 skin for a while now and I like it, but it has not been update for a long time and is missing quite a few new features. The Confluence skin is great for pc and remote control use, but I think big clear buttons are far more functional for a touch screen instead of the vertical menu on the left with Confluence and other skins.

I realize some of the things I'm experiencing that I haven't listed may be due to the beta state of XBMC, but since most are only happening in the Jobbler skin, I think it's safe to say a few tweaks will go a long way! I hope some of this feedback helps because the mod/skin looks pretty great so far. If I can be of any help with testing features or changes, please let me know.
remedee

I know could be the bug I mentioned in the first posting. Should update the skin to make scrollbar and running again.

Quote:the now playing OSD
... ok what do you mean with this? what is this ? For me it is very difficult to understand if everyone used different terms for the same thing.

Quote:The Confluence skin is great for pc and remote control use, but I think big clear buttons are far more functional for a touch screen instead of the vertical menu on the left with Confluence and other skins.
Big Buttons? YES! but ... I still want it then do not look like 1980, so that also expand the left panel works very well. (thanks to Jezz_X and Co. for this great skin).
a real good functional TOUCH interface will not happen with the Joggler. Since I do not have the programming skills, nor am I a graphic designer. As others have to work on it.

YES, testing an helping is very welcome Smile Thanks about your and others postings !

remedee Wrote:Ok, I restarted everything and I think the scrolling issue may have fixed itself. I took a few screencaps of some of the other things I referred to:

Here is the OSD off centered

Home screen now playing info

I think I took this one in Confluence, but the reload skin button is in the same place for both skins.

This is what I was referring to when I suggested skinning the icons and possibly centering them:

- The reload button on the default home, I will remove sooner or later.
- Home screen now playing info, i can make the label shorter.
- I do not even have noticed that the player control as so far at left

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
I think thats new on xbmc Smile

has long been on my todo list

Skin Vers. 0.21 it comes tonight

You can open it at the right arrow ore at the bottom overlap with the EQ- multi-image.

at Fullscreen video not yet implanted. But coming soon.

- the player control video, I must once again readjust, so do not be surprised. And many more, LoL

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
Is there a way you could force the "videos" menu option on home screen to always open in file view? If I start an addon like youtube, it goes in to library mode. Then exit youtube and go to "videos" and it remains in library mode and on youtube. I have to turn off library mode to get back to the file view for videos.

If it is an option I can edit in home.xml, please show code and I can change myself.

Thank you!

remedee
Yes... True, I would also adjust, my nerves themselves. Big Grin

EDIT: I found a Settings-option for this video Button

If you not Hide this 2 Buttons (screenshot) the ViDEO Button worked as you like (it goes to Video files).

ore ...

only one of which is sufficient to disable not, then returns you always go back from whence you came. At least this has just worked for me.

But if you want to completely change in the .xml search to <item id="2"> ( are 6 in Home.xml)

3 different views, for the defaultHome- and alternateHome Views

<onclick> ActivateWindow (videos) </ onclick>

different to

<onclick> ActivateWindow (video files) </ onclick>

and the Visible conditions.
Skin.JOGGLER
I edited the .xml and it worked perfectly. Thank you! Joggler is working very well for me!
feature request Smile

Kiosk mode to disable left menu options (sort, view, stack etc)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83643

Transparency SVN skin has this option and I think it would help in Joggler. Transparency is nice, but not near Joggler or Touch ME mod for using on touch screen.

The left menu opens sometimes when selecting other options only on touch, not mouse, so to disable might help stop that.

Screens to show left menu and larger OSD (music controls) in joggler (it is smaller and center in Touch ME.

Also, is it possible to have the controls on the home screen skip forward and reverse songs instead of volume? Maybe up and down arrows control volume and left right skip songs? Up down to select menu items seems strange when you can touch all other buttons.

Thank you again Smile

remedee

EDIT: Ignore request for volume and skip settings. I found the lines to edit in the home.xml. Thank you.
In the Joggler vers. 0.22 Player-control Window is better center

EDIT: ohh i forgot to put the .xml into update file ... here is the single file ore wait, it comes with the next Smile

the overlap remains, you can get on/off the music infos.

Quote:Kiosk mode to disable left menu options (sort, view, stack etc)
is somewhat difficult to grasp all in all menus, so it also really is off. I will not really change that. I'm going to look at the Transparency near times.

Quote:The left menu opens sometimes when selecting other options only on touch, not mouse, so to disable might help stop that.
Fullscreen ore window-mod?
Quote:"only on touch"
? Witch Menues ? where when playcontrol is open ore However as you touch the screen (hardware).
Skin.JOGGLER
Joggler is based on Confluence, so for Kiosk mode, this might help more than Transparency!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81953

I looked at some of the code but did not want to change too many options and mess something up, but you might be able to make kiosk mode work in Joggler very easy since you know how to code the custom_skinsetting .xml file and the others needed.

Thank you
remedee Wrote:Joggler is based on Confluence, so for Kiosk mode, this might help more than Transparency!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81953

I looked at some of the code but did not want to change too many options and mess something up, but you might be able to make kiosk mode work in Joggler very easy since you know how to code the custom_skinsetting .xml file and the others needed.

Thank you

ok ... I tested this skin and i found when Kiosk is enabled the mouse not worked ! (no Mouse = NO TOUCH) Sad

I will search to other Method will disable the left slide Blade ... to be continued.
Skin.JOGGLER
it worked with vers. 0.25

and in the Skin Settings.

- ADDING - Button to reset all Skin settings.

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
Wonderful news! Looking forward to the changes Smile

Would you consider adding the videofiles (videos always opens to files mode) and volumeup/down and track previous/next changes to the home.xml? I made those changes myself and backed up my copy, but kept it in the 720p folder and the update to 0.23 erased all files, including my backups.

I made the changes again to my home.xml but if future updates change home.xml I will have to keep editing those files myself. I understand if you want to keep the settings the way you have them. I will still continue to use the skin. Every person I show it to is VERY IMPRESSED! Nod

Thank you again for all your work

remedee
remedee Wrote:Wonderful news! Looking forward to the changes Smile

Would you consider adding the videofiles (videos always opens to files mode) and volumeup/down and track previous/next changes to the home.xml? I made those changes myself and backed up my copy, but kept it in the 720p folder and the update to 0.23 erased all files, including my backups.

I made the changes again to my home.xml but if future updates change home.xml I will have to keep editing those files myself. I understand if you want to keep the settings the way you have them. I will still continue to use the skin. Every person I show it to is VERY IMPRESSED! Nod

Thank you again for all your work

remedee

Can You give me the changes ? And I will see what I can do Rolleyes
Skin.JOGGLER
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens7