Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- castortray - 2012-01-25

Mudislander Wrote:Busy re-doing the skin ATM. Now users will be able to create directory skin.convergence/media/MovieGenre to fill it with their own genre icons. If the skin can't find any it will fall back to the default internal genre icons.

This is where my problem lies, I personally prefer the icons included ATM but have been playing around with new ideas as the original icons are hardcoded into English. So looking for any comments.

Very good news for me Smile I need test it

- sjobbels - 2012-01-25

Mudislander Wrote:ATM Artist logo only shows up while playing their music in Music Viz and on Home screen. Will be putting them into some views, but right now am about half way through completely rewriting the skin, trying to cut down on resources.

For Concerts to show it has to be in the XBMC database as a MusicVideo, not completely sure right now but there was a couple of issues with the scraper. Make sure though that the source is listed as MusicVideo.

Ok then something is going wrong with the settings in the artist logo download section. Because the logo's of the recognised artists have been downloaded, but not visible in music viz or home screen. Where do I need to place the logo's (in which folder?).

Ok I'll try to add them as music video.

Thanks for the quick reply!

- Mudislander - 2012-01-25

sjobbels Wrote:Ok then something is going wrong with the settings in the artist logo download section. Because the logo's of the recognised artists have been downloaded, but not visible in music viz or home screen. Where do I need to place the logo's (in which folder?).

Ok I'll try to add them as music video.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hi, Just to make sure we're on the same page - Artist logos are for the music section and you need to install cdART Manager manually as the Artwork downloader included in Convergence deals with the Video Library.

The logo needs to be placed in the Artist folder and named logo.png eg:
Music
|---> ArtistOne
| logo.png
| artist.nfo
| CD One Folder
| CD Two Folder
|
|----> ArtistTwo

Then you need to make sure you have not hiden the logos in the skin settings under Music Viz...

Artist Slideshow seen in the above screenie shows off Artist background fanart in Music Viz while playing. This should auto install with the skin

Another Question - Mudislander - 2012-01-25

How keen is everyone on the reflections of things like the genre icons on the screen floor. Personally I quite like them as they are a finishing touch but half the time I don't notice them and they do cause the skin to have to do a job twice, firstly to find the icon and then to start the process all over again for the reflection. With the way I've now coded the genre icons the system first checks for user icons before going back to the default skin supplied ones and I'm supposed to be on a mission to cuts resources not double them up Smile

- sjobbels - 2012-01-26

Mudislander Wrote:Hi, Just to make sure we're on the same page - Artist logos are for the music section and you need to install cdART Manager manually as the Artwork downloader included in Convergence deals with the Video Library.

The logo needs to be placed in the Artist folder and named logo.png eg:
Music
|---> ArtistOne
| logo.png
| artist.nfo
| CD One Folder
| CD Two Folder
|
|----> ArtistTwo

Then you need to make sure you have not hiden the logos in the skin settings under Music Viz...

Artist Slideshow seen in the above screenie shows off Artist background fanart in Music Viz while playing. This should auto install with the skin

Thanks. I forgot the name of cdartmanager but that's the addon I'm using.
The only problem is that I'm having a different folder structure.

Folder: Pop
cd: Phil Collins - But seriously
folder.jpg
cdart.png

cd: Jamiroquai
etc..

I think I have to re-order my library Sad

- Mudislander - 2012-01-26

Yep, the skin looks one folder up from the cdart. If you'd like to try and hack the skin open "MusicVisualisation.xml" and look for the line

Quote:<texture fallback="XBMC_Logo.png">$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../logo.png]</texture>

if you take out the ../ before logo.png it will then look for the image in the same directory as your cdart.png. I hope Smile

If that works you can do the same with the file "IncludesHomeNowPlaying.xml"

Both those files have changed a bit in the next update, so I would recomend letting them get over written when it comes out

- sjobbels - 2012-01-26

Mudislander Wrote:Yep, the skin looks one folder up from the cdart. If you'd like to try and hack the skin open "MusicVisualisation.xml" and look for the line

if you take out the ../ before logo.png it will then look for the image in the same directory as your cdart.png. I hope Smile

If that works you can do the same with the file "IncludesHomeNowPlaying.xml"

Both those files have changed a bit in the next update, so I would recomend letting them get over written when it comes out

Thanks, I have only changed "MusicVisualisation.xml" and its also showing on the home page. Big Grin

- Mudislander - 2012-01-26

Quote:Thanks, I have only changed "MusicVisualisation.xml" and its also showing on the home page.

I'll have to check that, might be a bug :rolleyes2:

PreRelease of Convergence.svn - Mudislander - 2012-01-27

This is Not a full skin as there are only a few media views included.

I’ve been working on it +/- 18hrs per day for the last week that I’ve been on leave & am definitely feeling the effects, so had better relax before getting back to work on Monday.

I was hoping that someone would want to try it out and check and check for bugs etc.

This skin has been redone from scratch and although it looks the same, underneath is quite different. The most obvious change would be the genre icons which are now internal default icons, by making a directory inside the media folder called “MovieGenre” the skin will use your genre icons instead.

There is a lot of stuff not yet back in the skin yet, but if there’s something you miss or would like to see included just give me a shout Smile

- sjobbels - 2012-01-31

He Mudislander,

Nice work! The only problem via the zip option is that it will overwrite the original Convergence skin...

I've checked it very quickly (I had to put all the settings back in the right order, bedtime now Smile).

Two small things:
- I can't set off the bubble effect on the home screen. (or I overlooked at it Smile
- I'd like to see the animated weather widget back.

thanks

- Mudislander - 2012-01-31

sjobbels Wrote:He Mudislander,

Nice work! The only problem via the zip option is that it will overwrite the original Convergence skin...

I've checked it very quickly (I had to put all the settings back in the right order, bedtime now Smile).

Two small things:
- I can't set off the bubble effect on the home screen. (or I overlooked at it Smile
- I'd like to see the animated weather widget back.

thanks

It would seem that XBMC ignored the .svn bit, I should have done something like "-svn", Sorry guys didn't notice that one as main PC has older version only and my Laptop had a complete re-install of XBMC with the .svn version.

Re: The background effect, no problem to put back the setting to turn it off.

Little bit more work to re-implement support for pda style weather icons but will put them back. Actually the new style was a mistake, in that the icon was shown way too big, but I quiet liked it so left it there. Smile

- sjobbels - 2012-02-01

and on several occasions my XBMC is not responding. I've tried this with other skins on the newest xbmc version, but no problems.

- Mudislander - 2012-02-01

sjobbels Wrote:and on several occasions my XBMC is not responding. I've tried this with other skins on the newest xbmc version, but no problems.

Okay, I've got an idea what that might be & will change it now.

Working on getting svn version into repo and happy to live side by side with older version. If you see v4.0.1 ignore it and go for next update will be v4.0.2 hopefully in a day or so.

Edit... OK Repo up and working, both convergence v3.1.5 (FatBoy) and new convergence.svn are downloadable.

- rufus99 - 2012-02-07

thank you a lot for that nice work!

but the moviesets.script implementation in library-views is not working correctly for me. accessing the movieset-info by context-menu woks fine with all infos, but in the list, no view shows me informations like plot and streamdeteails.
what did i wrong?

using eden beta2 on windows 7, moviesets-script 2.0.4 and convergence 3.1.5.

- Mudislander - 2012-02-07

Purposely did not include miles and miles of multiple movies plots in any of the views, I could die of old age waiting for them to scroll past. Easier just go into the set and all the movies and their plots are there. Wink