Messaging options...
Hey,

I know this is a feature that only I will probably ever use or care about, but as this is the feature section, i thought I'd pop it in here Big Grin

I would love to see the ability to use xbmc to send and receive messages from the other xbmcs in our house.

For example, if i want to talk to the kids, I can just send them an xbmc notification to come through, they can send one back saying 5 mins Smile

Or I can ask them to turn it down lol Smile

Basically a very simple messaging service between local boxes on the LAN. I'd love this feature and maybe one day it would be Implamented.

I know Skype etc all exist, but they take away focus or don't show at all etc so something within xbmc would be perfect for me Big Grin

End of message Smile
Could be done, but if you're going that far, it's not much more work to implement an existing messaging solution. Designing the interface is the difficult part
Hehe, funny idea. Not sure if feasible though.

It actually got me thinking of the Steam messaging function / buddy list.
Ugh, now i feel like playing TF2, but i have too much work to do. Sad
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
I looked into steam messenger during the summer sale. Looks like there is no python api and only a hacked c api. I suck with c lol.

Something like Google chat probably wouldn't be too bad. Not enough time for it myself though =/
You could do something simple with notifications. I think that's Frodo only though.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
What part is Frodo only?
Pretty neat idea, really.

But doesn't just about everyone (including kids!) carry their cell phones everywhere anymore? Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-06, 06:25)thrak76 Wrote: Pretty neat idea, really.

But doesn't just about everyone (including kids!) carry their cell phones everywhere anymore? Smile

That's so 2011
What's wrong with actualy yelling at them like we used to?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-06, 05:07)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: What part is Frodo only?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...tification that part.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Its possible in Eden with the event server. This is the method i used in Maraschino for XBMC messaging
(2012-09-06, 06:40)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 06:25)thrak76 Wrote: Pretty neat idea, really.

That's so 2011
What's wrong with actualy yelling at them like we used to?

Lol. There's no substitute for a loud roar!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-06, 10:01)Mizaki Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 05:07)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: What part is Frodo only?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...tification that part.

Ahh, I see where you are going. I would have built my own polling within the addon (at least theoretically) and used xbmc.executebuiltin() to show the notification.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Messaging options...0