[FRODO] DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD not working
Sad 
I ran the Frodo install directly over my working Eden install.

I have two MKV movies that have either DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD audio stream. They also have a secondary audio of DTS or DD.

If a play either movie using the DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD audio streams, the video ran slowly and stuttered, with no audio.
Changing the audio streams to DTS or DD the file plays, go back to DTS-MA or Dolby True-HD and the problem is back.

Dont know if this is the right place to post BETA issues.

I am running Windows XP on a Intel DG54ID. The audio is via HDMI into my AV receiver.

Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Tim
This is not a bug, and almost guaranteed to be an issue with your audio setup selections.

So, make sure you have WASAPI selected for audio playback and passthrough devices.
Make sure exclusive is selected in your audio device configuration on Windows.
Make sure you have all appropriate selections in the system/audio menu (DTS-HD capable receiver, THD capable, etc.)

And most importantly, be sure that your video card is capable of HD audio. There are A LOT of posts here in the forums regarding proper setup for HD audio playback. So welcome to the forums, and please avail yourself to its searching capabilities.

EDIT - and after doing some quick reading on that mobo, unless you have an additional video card that supports HD audio, you're limited to 8-channel LPCM. So no DTS-HD, or TrueHD - but it can be decoded and sent along as LPCM.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Wink 
(2012-11-17, 03:20)thrak76 Wrote: This is not a bug, and almost guaranteed to be an issue with your audio setup selections.

So, make sure you have WASAPI selected for audio playback and passthrough devices.
Make sure exclusive is selected in your audio device configuration on Windows.
Make sure you have all appropriate selections in the system/audio menu (DTS-HD capable receiver, THD capable, etc.)

And most importantly, be sure that your video card is capable of HD audio. There are A LOT of posts here in the forums regarding proper setup for HD audio playback. So welcome to the forums, and please avail yourself to its searching capabilities.

EDIT - and after doing some quick reading on that mobo, unless you have an additional video card that supports HD audio, you're limited to 8-channel LPCM. So no DTS-HD, or TrueHD - but it can be decoded and sent along as LPCM.

I was always under the impression that video and the audio signals were just sent down the HDMI cable to the receiver and then that dealt with the output to the speakers and TV. I was not aware that my built in graphics card would limit what my receiver can output with regards to audio. So thanks for finding that out for me.

I have just ordered an AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics card, fanless, low profile, and best of all its cheap and supports the Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats. Hopefully this will sort out the stuttering ;-)

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you'll get HD audio working on XP as it doesn't support WASAPI and the other stuff needed at an OS level, if staying with Windows I think you'll need a minimum of Vista.
(2012-11-17, 16:20)jjd-uk Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you'll get HD audio working on XP as it doesn't support WASAPI and the other stuff needed at an OS level, if staying with Windows I think you'll need a minimum of Vista.
If you have this card "Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Audio Card", it will work with XP. It's too expensive and the configurations can be very messy too. It's cheaper and easier with proper GPU (AMD HD5450 or Nvidia GT520) and (Windows 7).....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-11-17, 16:20)jjd-uk Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you'll get HD audio working on XP as it doesn't support WASAPI and the other stuff needed at an OS level, if staying with Windows I think you'll need a minimum of Vista.

Your right, I did some more digging after thrak76 comments. XP supports Direct Layer and WDM but not WASAPI. This was implemented from Vista and above, so I would not be able to run HD audio on XP.
I built my media PC over 2 years ago, and have never bothered upgrading the OS, as all it does is run XBMC, and until now, there was no need to upgrade.

When the Radeon HD 6450 arrives on Monday, I will upgrade to Windows 8 as I have a old 60GB SSD knocking around that needs to find a purpose in life:-)

As a side note I took my games PC into the living room and hooked it up to my receiver and ran XBMC and everything worked a treat.

(2012-11-17, 19:10)bluray Wrote:
If you have this card "Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Audio Card", it will work with XP. It's too expensive and the configurations can be very messy too. It's cheaper and easier with proper GPU (AMD HD5450 or Nvidia GT520) and (Windows 7).....

Thanks for the reply, I looked at one of those a while back but was not too keen on the idea of running a HDMI cable from my video to the Xonar, and then from the Xonar to my AV receiver. As you said, cheaper and easier to upgrade the graphics card and OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO] DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD not working0