Simplify XBMC configurations......
Here are some tips for XBMC on Windows 7

Videos Playback-
Intel-
-Disable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Software" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback (my latest Intel i7-3770s with HD4000 iGPU work fine with DXVA2 enbled)

AMD/Nvidia-
-Enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Audio output configurations-
-HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables, select HDMI audio output and Audio output device "WASAPI" in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output (mainly for bitstreaming HD audio to AVR for decoding)
-HTPC-->HDTV via HDMI cable, select Analog audio output and Audio output device "DirectSound or WASAPI" in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output (both device work with HDTV speaker)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the privilege to try all three GPU's (Intel, Nvidia and AMD) on Frodo and Realtek. Frodo 12.3 with Realtek R2.70 worked great on my HTPC's. I tested it every possible ways on my Onkyo network AVR, and everything worked great on Frodo. XBMC team did a wonderful job on it. Keep these in mind when setup XBMC audio-

1. Make sure that Windows is up to date.
2. Make sure that GPU driver is up to date.
3. Select the correct audio playback device in Window control panel (select HDMI output for HDMI connection and select Realtek digital output for optical/RCA). Note- you have to be able to hear sound on your surround sound speakers when you "test" it in Windows control panel.
4. Select audio exclusive mode in audio properties.
5. Select the correct audio input in AVR (especially changing it from HDMI to analog/optical/coax, and you can easily over look it).
6. For XBMC audio output configurations, here are some of my screen shots below-

-LEDTV and AVR HDMI CEC are turned on for seamless ARC and remote interface. I'm planning to add this "PulseEight CEC adapter" sleek little CEC adapter behind Alienware X51...

Note- You can leave "Output stereo to all speakers and Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver" options un-check for all GPU's as shown below. If it is check, it mess up Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound. Sorry, I'm too lazy to post new screenshots for all GPU's....

Intel/AMD/Nvidia to AVR via HDMI-

Digital Audio output to AVR via optical/coax-

Intel/Nvidia/AMD to LEDTV via HDMI or 3.5mm jack-
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

External player-
-If you are using external player (TMT5, PDVD11, MPC-HC, etc), you need to Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than tru fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output

Final word-
With the above configurations, I can playback all my blu-ray disc movies "Avatar BD is nearly 50GB" in 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio fluently......

-If you have any other useful tip, you can chime in.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
oh thx and for NVIDIA 460 what do you recommand Huh
what i like to know is:

The Nvidia configuration settings what are the best settings?

Example:

3D settings: 3X buffering on / off?
performance mode: Multidisplay, standalone ?
max rendered frames 1 2 3 4 5 ?
(2012-11-27, 12:02)yallah Wrote: oh thx and for NVIDIA 460 what do you recommand Huh
I set my Nvidia GT430 the same way as my AMD GPU....

(2012-11-27, 12:17)Timmetje Wrote: what i like to know is:

Example:

Here are some tips-

-Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide
-Setup your GeForce Driver

You can find more tips in here- Knowledgebase

[/quote]Here are some tips-

[/quote]

thx going to read it Smile
Why is there a difference between the two audio setting depending on whether you are running through an AVR?
(2012-11-27, 23:00)greensha Wrote: Why is there a difference between the two audio setting depending on whether you are running through an AVR?
Yes, DirectSound is mainly use for TV speakers....

(2012-11-27, 23:27)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 23:00)greensha Wrote: Why is there a difference between the two audio setting depending on whether you are running through an AVR?

Is DirectSounds a 2.0 standard? I have 7.1 in my theater.

Thanks for your help!

7.1 is done through an AVR, thus as bluray indicates, you use WASAPI instead.
(2012-11-27, 23:32)greensha Wrote:

Is DirectSounds a 2.0 standard? I have 7.1 in my theater.

Thanks for your help!
LED/LCD HDTV speakers are usually 2.0.....

If you have a 7.1 surround sound system, you want to connect it this way "HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV" using two HDMI cables and select WASAPI in XBMC audio output....

It has nothing whatsoever to do with mainly being used for TV Speakers - WASAPI is Microsoft's most modern method for talking with sound devices and enables bit-perfect output to an external receiver, compared to DirectSound which passes sound through the windows mixer. DirectSound will happily bitstream and decode sound and is not exclusive, or even mainly, for use with TV Speakers.
hmm why is it then i dont have any sound on WASAPI but only Directsound/HDMI (Nvidia 8200G M) chip. You can pm me to stay ontopic Wink
Tim - you have a PM
(2012-11-27, 16:00)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 12:17)Timmetje Wrote: what i like to know is:

Example:

Here are some tips-

is there something like this. but for Radeon HD 6550D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simplify XBMC configurations......2