live cd and windows 7 setting ?
Question 
hi every one im really new here this is my first thread .
im burn the iso img file live cd to dvd disk and i boot from it.
i m use win7 and i wanna know how to play any file from my hard disk in win7 ? bcz xbmc doesnt recognize any files or folders in my win7 system
is there any instruction how to do that step by step or pls anyway u can help me ? thanks alot i hope to hear from u and nice to meet u all :-}
Are you running XBMC in the Live environment, or under Win 7?

Taking a guess, I'd say you were dual booting Live and Win 7, is that right?
In that case, you should probably be able to see and read your Windows partition if you mount it, but probably not write to it.
hi my friend i have only 1 boot that is my live cd and i have win7 enterprise version .
so what i doing wrong how can i see my files or something in my system
thanks
You could always try installing the Windows version of XBMC. I tried booting the Live CD on my laptop to begin with, but found it didn't work as well as the Windows version.

*edit*
Ok, I understand now.

If I remember correctly, the Live version cannot see any of your Windows files when running in Live mode.

I'd suggest trying the Windows version first to get a feel for XMBC then, if you're sure, start using a permanent version of Live if you think that is what you need.
my friend i know i can run win version but im posted to know how can i see my files or anything in my system win7 so maybe if u dont know i will be glad if u send me link on how to deal with it or maybe someone here that try this bcz i know that it most be work this is all the idea of this live cd to run xbmc in any evrioment thanks hope to get any help Smile
If you want to see.your windows partitions, the live CD is not the way to go.

What he is suggesting is that you installed the windows version of xmbc to try it out.

Then, if you are happy with it, installing the live version it dual boot with windows (or install something like unbuntu to dual boot) would work. That way you could see your local drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live cd and windows 7 setting ?0