General Apple Tv question
Hello,

I am new to xbmc and am loving it so far. I have two tv's hard wired to my computer and I control it with my ipad using xmbc commander. I have another tv that I want to be able to watch my movies via xbmc on, so I was considering purchasing the apple tv for $99. I have read around and realize I would need to jailbreak my apple tv to watch xmbc, but before I purchased this I just wanted to get a feel for how people liked the apple tv and how easily it works with xbmc. Do I still use the version I have loaded on my computer or is there a seperate program? Will my xbmc commander app work?

Thanks!
I had a few issues jail breaking, but installation of XBMC was easy. Once I installed a nightly, currently May 16th version, I really began to feel the love.

Smb shares worked properly for me, I set up mysql library, got the add ons I wanted & found a great skin called Quartz so all is pretty rosy at the moment.

I got a new atv2 a couple of weeks ago, and I updated iOS before I started on XBMC. You can see my actual version from the links in my signature ( see links to flickr ).

Commander works pretty well. I only have movies on my HDD so I may be under utilizing the atv.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
I'm loving XBMC as well. There is a slight but: it just isn't a completely developped program at the moment. It works fine in most cases, great in some, but not at all in others. When I bought my ATV I wasn't aware that it only plays HD when the files have the x264-codec. And next to that it still has quite some bugs.

Don't get me wrong. It's still a great product and I can see it continuing to develop to a fully stable one, but if you don't want to deal with the occasional bug every once in a while you shouldn't use it.
Thanks for your responses. I purchased the atv2 today (and am so far impressed). I have successfully jail broken the device now I am just trying to figure out how to install xbmc on it. Once I have done that, are there any tricks or any other pieces of advice you may have.

Thanks!
there you go:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97246
That thread will make it a breeze. Unfortunately I am not as far along as I thought. greenpois0n said it was broken, but it doesn't appear so. I upgraded my firmware to 4.2.2 so that may be my issue.

Anyways, I understand the rules of this site in relation to talking too much about that so I will search for that answer elsewhere. Thanks for you help!
Follow this thread, it will has tons of useful info, right from the start:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101833
I hate to ask this, but is XBMC working on the latest iOS firmware. I know there were issues with audio in the past. Sorry for the lazy question....
the latest nightly build from Keith works great if you follow the above thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General Apple Tv question0