Hope this is the right place to post multiquestions...
Hi, I've got an few old lap top and I'd like to convert them to xbmc media players. Two are in for repairs so I have one left which works but the DVD drive doesn't work, the graphics plug is somehow broke and its hooked into my hd tv via an vga. Here's question number one; If I get an vga to hdmi lead does the hdmi part still need the head phone plug in order to get sound from the laptop? Second question is linked with more faulty hard ware on my lap top. I've been reading about open elec... Been trying to get out working but I'm running Vista and for some reason I can't start up that open elec thing on my flash drive. I used to be good at the old technical stuff but now on these forums I'm reading about command lines and fiddling with something in the program text thingy. I was understanding that this open elec thing runs as your opening os instead of Vista. Is there an easy way of having the option of loading up the choices of Vista or xbmc? And final question; I see there's an simple playlist thing repo app thing. I've downloaded it and it doesn't even open. I read something about command lines again. Daunting... I have an YouTube video play list (and also some films I've seen via streaming I would like to also be played randomly) I'd like to random play through mixed with my local video media (as one huge playlist). Is it possible to do this and more importantly; is it easy to do?
1. VGA to HDMI converter doesn't carry audio. You will still need the headphone out.

2. In the bios set the flash card as the first boot device. When you want vista just remove the card and reboot. I think there are third party tools like BCDEdit using which you can create a multiboot menu.
I can't find load from boot in bios...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hope this is the right place to post multiquestions...0