Win How to program MCE remote key "Pictures/Radio/Video" etc
Hello, I am again have question about the remote.

I just bought Diamond MCE remote and most keys work out of box with Kodi except Pictures/Radio/Video/Music/Info and so on. I then follow the wiki to use ShowKey.exe to capture the code, but get nothing from those keys. All keys are working with Windows Media Center. So is it possible to get those keys to work with Kodi also? e.g. If I press Video/Music/Pictures/ key, it takes me to Video/music/pictures on Kodi.....
Try my advanced mce mapper tool and change the buttons. You may need to edit keyboard.xml file in kodi userdata folder also.
(2015-02-20, 03:29)baijuxavior Wrote: Try my advanced mce mapper tool and change the buttons. You may need to edit keyboard.xml file in kodi userdata folder also.

thank you. I will try later. The most important function I want to have is to quickly switch audio stream and subtitle by just pressing one button(one button for audio switching and another button for subtitle switching). Can it be done?.
(2015-02-20, 17:51)newnews Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 03:29)baijuxavior Wrote: Try my advanced mce mapper tool and change the buttons. You may need to edit keyboard.xml file in kodi userdata folder also.

thank you. I will try later. The most important function I want to have is to quickly switch audio stream and subtitle by just pressing one button(one button for audio switching and another button for subtitle switching). Can it be done?.

It is possible. First find out the shortcut for audio stream and subtitle switching (usually 'T') from the keyboard.xml file. Then modify the remote control button to mimic those buttons. For audio stream, you may need to edit keyboard.xml file.

For example <a mod="ctrl">audionextlanguage</a>
(2015-02-20, 18:23)baijuxavior Wrote: It is possible. First find out the shortcut for audio stream and subtitle switching (usually 'T') from the keyboard.xml file. Then modify the remote control button to mimic those buttons. For audio stream, you may need to edit keyboard.xml file.

does this format "<a mod="ctrl">audionextlanguage</a>" only work for letters? I tried to use "<, mod="">audionextlanguage</.> ", it give me error. Then I use this format "<key id="VK_OEM_COMMA"</key>", it works.

I have another question: some of my old movie ripped from VCD which has two audio languages but just one audio stream, the language 1 is assigned to left channel, and language 2 is on right channel. I wish to have one button on remote can toggle the left channel/right channel/both channels, other wise two audio language plays same time which is unacceptable, i.e:

1) press button first time, Kodi plays left channel only and still output 2 channel sound(new right channel copy audio from left channel);
2) press button 2nd time, Kodi plays right channel only and still output 2 channel sound(new left channel copy audio from right channel);
3) press button 3rd time, Kodi plays both channels as normal situation;

if one button cannot do above, I can use two or three buttons, but prefer to use one button only. I read the wiki but I do not know how to work it out.
(2015-02-21, 08:21)newnews Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 18:23)baijuxavior Wrote: It is possible. First find out the shortcut for audio stream and subtitle switching (usually 'T') from the keyboard.xml file. Then modify the remote control button to mimic those buttons. For audio stream, you may need to edit keyboard.xml file.

does this format "<a mod="ctrl">audionextlanguage</a>" only work for letters? I tried to use "<, mod="">audionextlanguage</.> ", it give me error. Then I use this format "<key id="VK_OEM_COMMA"</key>", it works.

I have another question: some of my old movie ripped from VCD which has two audio languages but just one audio stream, the language 1 is assigned to left channel, and language 2 is on right channel. I wish to have one button on remote can toggle the left channel/right channel/both channels, other wise two audio language plays same time which is unacceptable, i.e:

1) press button first time, Kodi plays left channel only and still output 2 channel sound(new right channel copy audio from left channel);
2) press button 2nd time, Kodi plays right channel only and still output 2 channel sound(new left channel copy audio from right channel);
3) press button 3rd time, Kodi plays both channels as normal situation;

if one button cannot do above, I can use two or three buttons, but prefer to use one button only. I read the wiki but I do not know how to work it out.

Sorry, I don't know if there is an option to switch audio LR channels.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to program MCE remote key "Pictures/Radio/Video" etc0