where did SHOUTcast go?!
So, I've been out of it for a while now, and i just came up with a need for an XBMC SHOUTcast player, and low and behold it would appear as if anything having to do with SHOUTcast has long since been forgotten!

I was wondering if there was any one who could update me on where it went and if it went anywhere, then could someone please resurrect it?

I'm not really interested in SHOUTcast video as I am streaming internet radio.

I remember when I first did XBMC 2 years ago that I was able to stream soma or armitage, and have a pretty cool visualizer running. Now i have a 42in lcd, and would like to do that again!

So could someone fill me in on what's going on with SHOUTcast, and if there are any alternatives out there to be able to listen to it again?

Thanks!!!
Shoutcast is built in to XBMC. Just add it using the "Add Source" dialog in the music section.
Shoutcast is still alive and well. Just go to Music and then Add Source, then Browse and scroll down to Shoutcast and hit OK. I don't know what soma or armitage are, but there are tons of categories that are full of stations. They may or may not be there, but I didn't want to look through every station to find them.
I hope this helps you.

and althekiller beat me to it. i really need to be more precise.
Odd, cause i did that but they werent listed anywhere... It is of course what i did before, but for some reason its not there. I wonder if there is something wrong with my install.

Funny, cause i havent noticed anything else. T3ch's are still the standard build for this correct?

Oh and somafm is mostly groove, chill, and ambient. They run groove salad among others, and armitage is jPop and game music.

Thanks for the replies! Ill give another look see, and probably do a reinstall!
Well I feel stupid...

I was looking in the waaaay wrong place (and not far enough down the list in the right place). When I first noticed SHOUTcast was on there, I caught it as a script or a plugin or something other then a source (I think it was for video, it was as I said, 2 years ago...). So I was thinking that it was something to install.

okay, well I can go to sleep now embarrassed and ashamed.

Thanks again for the help, and sorry for not being more thorough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where did SHOUTcast go?!0