• 13(current)
ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows
BTW, my HTPC case arrived and I assembled it yesterday night. Right now copying all the movies on to it (still to load XBMC and all the other stuff on to it). Incase people are curious. All this experimenting XBMC stuff i was doing was on my other PC to reach a safe configuration so that I can import the same settings on to my actual HTPC .....

Till now most of the experiments are complete ..... lets see if all works well when I load XBMC on my actual HTPC....
Hagen Wrote:When a bat starts a piece of sotftware the bat (should be) is stopped until the program is closed, the bat then continues on the next line.
Why this doesn't happen for you I don't know, try this.

in between line two and three add this (for a test)
Code:
pause
it simply asks you to push a button to continue with the batch file.
Then you should see if it is the batch file that keeps running afte pdvd is launched, or something else.

yep seems like ist pretty much working well from within XBMC as well. All I need is one extra key hit and the disk dismounts and XBMC is back on top again ....... thanks Hagen ..again.. Smile , you have been rocking in this thread.......Smile
Sorry I don't know a better solution off hand, but all machines I have worked on have played nice and only executed one line at the time and waited for the started prog (no matter what prog) to finish before moving on.
Hagen Wrote:Sorry I don't know a better solution off hand, but all machines I have worked on have played nice and only executed one line at the time and waited for the started prog (no matter what prog) to finish before moving on.

yea ... maybe the one new (my actual HTPC) I have built will behave as intended. This post I am typing is from the same machine. Win 7 is loaded and About to install XBMC on it and will configure it. Will keep updating ...
Thanks for all the help and guidance here.....
^^ Well the behaviour is same in the new machine as well, so I have configured, the same with a "pause" line. Though I would love to deal with this without the keyboard intervention. Anyway the HTPC is ready, or shall I say 90% ready, as I still have few tweaks to make it more perfect. Plus the remote thing, currently I am using the ANDROID remote for XBMC and TMT5 but I would like to use a conventional point and shoot IR remote (I presume its called MCE remote) so I am on a look out for the same now.
Will share the complete HTPC built in a new thread I suppose. Thanks for all the help and guidance people have shown here.
Looking forward for even more support

Regards
Sammy
Sam9

can you do me a favor?
Repost the content of your .bat

And try this to test the .bat functionality:
Make a bat containing this line:
Code:
notepad.exe
Double click the bat.
Notepad should come up, but the command prompt should remain.
When you close notepad you will move on with the bat file and the command prompt should close.

Can you confirm this is the behavior? that is atleast what it should be.
Hagen Wrote:Sam9

can you do me a favor?

Code:
notepad.exe
Double click the bat.
When you close notepad you will move on with the bat file and the command prompt should close.

mmmm right now I am office, so testing on this office machine would not make sense, will test it once I reach home in the evening. I think I am getting what you are trying to test in here. ..... Smile . Will test it in the evening positively and report .....
Sam9
try this bat:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
START "Total Media Theatre" /WAIT /MAX "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe"  "R:"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

can you do me a favor?

Code:
notepad.exe
Double click the bat.

The behavior for the above experiment was as expected, i.e correct. Notepad opens, and the command prompt os at the background and when I close the notepad the prompt goes away ......

and following are the contents of my original actual BAT file

Quote:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe"
pause
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

of course if I remove PAUSE the disk is dismounted even before TMT5 loads, which is what the problem is ...

try this bat:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
START "Total Media Theatre" /WAIT /MAX "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe"  "R:"

ok tried this, i am not sure what the extra the command "wait and max" does but the the behavior is same, disk dismounts and TMT5 when loaded has nothing to play... Huh? and again if I put pause in between second and third line it works albit with one key stroke as expected ......
sam9s Wrote:ok tried this, i am not sure what the extra the command "wait and max" does but the the behavior is same, disk dismounts and TMT5 when loaded has nothing to play... Huh? and again if I put pause in between second and third line it works albit with one key stroke as expected ......
That is definitely not as expected. The START /WAIT /MAX is supposed to force the bat to behave as it does on my machines ie
START tmt
WAIT for TMT to finish before moving on
MAX instead of /Fullscreen

It's a bit hard for me to fault find here because it works for me either way
^^ mmmm let me try that again. The only thing I changed was the drive letter "P:" instead of R, which I presume had to be done. I will share the exact content what I placed in my bat file today evening when I get home ......

Mean time an off topic request, can you point me towards a low cost MCE remote that I can easily configure and use with XBMC ...... if possible... :-)
sam9s Wrote:^^ mmmm let me try that again. The only thing I changed was the drive letter "P:" instead of R, which I presume had to be done. I will share the exact content what I placed in my bat file today evening when I get home ...... "
P: /R: whatever, is the drive letter of your virtual dvd-drive.
If you leave it out the movie will not autostart, but it will not cause any problems. if you put the wrong one in TMT asks you to insert a valid dvd/bd

sam9s Wrote:Mean time an off topic request, can you point me towards a low cost MCE remote that I can easily configure and use with XBMC ...... if possible... :-)
That will depend very much on where you live
sam9s Wrote:of course if I remove PAUSE the disk is dismounted even before TMT5 loads, which is what the problem is ...

ok tried this, i am not sure what the extra the command "wait and max" does but the the behavior is same, disk dismounts and TMT5 when loaded has nothing to play... Huh? and again if I put pause in between second and third line it works albit with one key stroke as expected ......

I have exactly the same Problem.

Code:

also didn't solve the Problem.

I have a solution for you, but its not so comfortable yet.
Here is my batch:

Code:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 %1
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1
"c:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" M:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

You have to press the "Windows Button" on your keyboard while the 5 pings at yourself are running, then XBMC will be minimized and Arcsoft will pop up and plays your video.
When you close Arcsoft, XBMC automatically maximized again and the iso will be dismounted.

Note, if you do not minimize XBMC between the 5 pings by yourself, the TMT5 will not start.

I'm dreaming about a Script which sends the Windows Button.
Maybe someone can help.
sam9s Wrote:The behavior for the above experiment was as expected, i.e correct. Notepad opens, and the command prompt os at the background and when I close the notepad the prompt goes away ......

and following are the contents of my original actual BAT file

of course if I remove PAUSE the disk is dismounted even before TMT5 loads, which is what the problem is ...

Here is my bat file. Note the F at the end of the second line. This is the mounted drive. Maybe try that.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" F:

The reason why I chose F is that if you go to your taskbar and right click on the Virtual Clone Drive, mine selects the F drive as the mount drive. Yours might be different. Maybe that will help.

Also check your naming convention. Mine is NAME_OF_MOVIE.bluray.iso

My 2c worth
punishit Wrote:I have exactly the same Problem.
You have to press the "Windows Button" on your keyboard while the 5 pings at yourself are running, then XBMC will be minimized and Arcsoft will pop up and plays your video.

I am sorry, but to me that really doesn't sound like an improvement at all.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows0