Problems with DTS-HD MA on XBMCbuntu Frodo Rc3
(2013-04-03, 20:45)nickr Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 12:43)cctl01 Wrote: Any progress on this issue? I've got the same/a similar problem going on.
I have updated my kernel to the latest. I'm able to play DTS but not DTS-HD MA.
My motherboard does not have spdif so no need to change CTLINDEX in alsa-lib I suppose?
"latest" is not a version.
Lol, you should read the whole thread, my post 2 hours before yours explains pretty much what was wrong, and discribes my "fix" just in case other people run into the same.

BTW finding out what the latest version is is not so difficult since the nice people over at linux use also date tags in their kernel names and you can see when i posted my message... *trollgonewrong*
*trollgonewrong* you are laughable. How do we know what distro you have? 32/64 bit? Even ubuntu has many kernels, pae, server, generic etc. Also the "latest" kernel will differ by what version of ubuntu you have, lucid, precise, quantal etc. And then you can go outside the packaging and get really up to date mainline kernels (http://askubuntu.com/questions/119080/ho...ro-upgrade)

So don't expect people to intuit what kernel you have simply from the date of your post!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with DTS-HD MA on XBMCbuntu Frodo Rc30